World Cup
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/soccer/?utm_term=.55028a0f5066&wpisrc=nl_worldcup2018&wpmm=1
(06-30-2018, 05:40 PM)cwest Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 03:00 PM)RickTheDick Wrote: The absolute worst was the one in South Africa.

Those vuvuzelas about drove me nuts.  I had to turn off the sound.

Someone told me they banned those fucking things, then i thought i was hearing them again the other day.  Anybody know what the deal is, they are just about the worst things ever invented.
[Image: ZO4CsE3X_o.jpg]
[Image: iGX5G6xN_o.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marko's post:
  • taytn
(06-30-2018, 03:00 PM)RickTheDick Wrote: The absolute worst was the one in South Africa.

OMG don't even remind me of those things. It was like the stadium was being attacked by a horde of bees. How anyone ever thought those were ever a good idea baffles me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Maddisin10's post:
  • taytn, kt466
(06-30-2018, 03:00 PM)RickTheDick Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 12:29 PM)snakebyte666 Wrote: Gonna root for Belgium. They kinda got a golden generation.

Belgium, France, and Croatia are looking very solid.  I expect them to be the top three when all is done.

This is turning out to be one of the best World Cups.

The absolute worst was the one in South Africa.

I thought that the group stages was bad to mediocre. There were 3 a 4 good games with Spain and Portugal being the best, but the knockout games were good. I hope that trend will continue.

I think Belgium, Croatia, and England looked the best in the group stages. France played great yesterday but weren't great in the groups.
Belgium and England had the weakest group of all. England and Croatia are always weak in knockout games. Time will tell if that changed.
Uruguay has the best defense, but if Cavani is out, they're hopeless. You can't count out Brazil. I can't watch to see the games.

I expect Spain and Croatia to win easily today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Black19magic85's post:
  • RickTheDick
FRANNNNNCEEEEEE YES !!
Allez les Bleus !!!
What an amazing game it was Smile
Now Uruguay, and it's gonna be a close and intense game, this one
(07-01-2018, 01:25 AM)Maddisin10 Wrote:

OMG don't even remind me of those things. It was like the stadium was being attacked by a horde of bees. How anyone ever thought those were ever a good idea baffles me.

You can credit the ousted FIFA chief Blatter. What an imbecile.
Bye Bye Espana !!!
Croatia Denmark was boring as hell, but man, how i love penalty kicks ! Big Grin
This is an amazing WC. Absolutely insane matches today with two penalty kick finishes!