World Cup
Watching Mbappé the other day reminded me that Germany left Leroy Sané off their team. BIG mistake but now there will be a big house cleaning so he is well positioned to be a new leader moving forward.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kt466's post:
  • taytn
^I think sometimes Germany overthink it. They have so much depth that they start looking at other factors besides pure ability. By the time the squad selections were announced, it appears Leroy Sané had no chance to secure a starting place so it became a question of is he alright being the 3rd or 4th option and will he be disruptive? Löw didn't see him fitting in. Sané also never performed for Germany at the levels he does for Man City. It's the same for Sterling. Pep's system allows attacking players to flourish.
Today has been a shocking and dramatic world cup. Looks like England might actually get to the final.
(07-02-2018, 01:32 AM)lbrown047 Wrote: Today has been a shocking and dramatic world cup.  Looks like England might actually get to the final.

The favorite to make it from the final in that half of bracket definitely is the winner of England/Colombia. But then again I didn't even think Russia had a shot to beat Spain. So I don't know if you can rule anything out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maddisin10's post:
  • RickTheDick
(07-02-2018, 11:36 AM)Maddisin10 Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 01:32 AM)lbrown047 Wrote: Today has been a shocking and dramatic world cup.  Looks like England might actually get to the final.

The favorite to make it from the final in that half of bracket definitely is the winner of England/Colombia. But then again I didn't even think Russia had a shot to beat Spain. So I don't know if you can rule anything out.

This is one of the most unpredictable World Cups.. Late goals, top teams leaving early. The drama alone makes it very exciting. After Croatia's last game with Denmark, I'm having second thoughts about them.. Yet they remain a strong contender.
I have been a bad Nostradamus. I didn't think that Spain would lose but they didn't do anything with their possession.
But I like underdogs winning. Croatia curse almost stroke again. This is their first win in a knockout game since 1998 in any tournament.

I expect Brazil to win, but Mexico does well against stronger teams because they can play counterattack. Brazil hasn't played well yet. Their biggest problem is their midfield. They haven't click and Neymar hogs the ball and prevents ball circulation.

Belgium is the favorite and has the better team but they lost against Wales in the Euro Champions. They have been good in the tournament and I expect them to win. But their players and media are already talking about the quarterfinal with Brazil. You can't underestimate your opponent.
(07-01-2018, 09:58 PM)kt466 Wrote: Watching Mbappé the other day reminded me that Germany left Leroy Sané off their team.  BIG mistake but now there will be a big house cleaning so he is well positioned to be a new leader moving forward.

you're a 100% right, idk why Low didnt pick Sané after his amazing year in City
Can't wait for Brazil Mexico game in a hour or so, should be one of the most exciting games of the world cup Smile
(07-02-2018, 02:06 PM)taytn Wrote: Can't wait for Brazil Mexico game in a hour or so, should be one of the most exciting games of the world cup Smile

So far it's a good one.  Neymar may have signaled the beginning of the end for Mexico
Japan on the verge of knocking out Belgium
[Image: giphy.gif]
sig: Lexi Belle & JonJon (Elegant Angel)