NBA Free agency
(07-03-2018, 06:50 PM)vesuvius Wrote: Question for my fellow NBA watchers: Do you think Chris Paul will win a ring as a Rocket?

Not with D’Antoni as coach
(07-03-2018, 11:30 AM)vesuvius Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 01:02 AM)whiteisright4bbc Wrote: ^ I said I hoped the Thunder would beat the Lakers in the playoffs, not that it was going to happen.

Yeah, but you also said I was selling OKC short. I don't believe their ceiling is very high.

Anyway, onto another topic. My guess is Magic will either get Kawhi this year or the next and next year he'll make a play for Anthony Davis when all these 1-year deals come off the books.

Ok. I disagree. Their defense was ELITE last season even with no defense playing Melo as a starter. If they move Melo to the bench, they will be lightyears better and should be better anyways with just building chemistry last season. They will 110% be better than the Lakers, though, that much is set in stone.

That won't work. They have to make a play for Leonard NOW or they can't sign him AND Davis. They need his birdrights for the cap situation to work. Not only that, but the more you wait, waiting 1 year for Leonard, waiting 2 years for Davis, the older LeBron will be. I know everyone here thinks he's immortal, but father time is undefeated. He will be 34 this year, 35 next year if you wait for Leonard and 36 the year after. The more you wait, the more you waste away LeBron's last good years. All the pressure and the clock is on the Lakers to get this done NOW.

Lastly, this whole Cousin's signing is so overblown. He ruptured his achilles which is a DEVASTATING injury. Kobe ruptured his and went from a pretty good player to one of the worst players in the league. It's a horrific injury. Cousins will probably not be the same player he once was. Not only that, but he won't be back right away, so he couldn't help most teams that could have used it. Wasn't worth the gamble, so they didn't throw a big contract at him. A lot of teams didn't have the cap to gamble and throw a big contract at him either. This is just a perfect storm of everything coming together to make this signing possible.
[Image: 7p10mnlqnzhmwpza.gif]
(07-04-2018, 08:17 AM)whiteisright4bbc Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 01:02 AM)whiteisright4bbc Wrote: ^ I said I hoped the Thunder would beat the Lakers in the playoffs, not that it was going to happen.

Yeah, but you also said I was selling OKC short. I don't believe their ceiling is very high.

Anyway, onto another topic. My guess is Magic will either get Kawhi this year or the next and next year he'll make a play for Anthony Davis when all these 1-year deals come off the books.

Ok. I disagree. Their defense was ELITE last season even with no defense playing Melo as a starter. If they move Melo to the bench, they will be lightyears better and should be better anyways with just building chemistry last season. They will 110% be better than the Lakers, though, that much is set in stone.

Don't forget that they were with Roberson almost the whole season and he is the best defender. They were elite without and Melo.
With Roberson, they'll be filthy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Black19magic85's post:
  • whiteisright4bbc
^ Absolutely, the Roberson injury definitely hurt them a lot. If they start him and have Melo coming off the bench as an offensive spark, that would be tops.
(07-04-2018, 08:17 AM)whiteisright4bbc Wrote:

That won't work. They have to make a play for Leonard NOW or they can't sign him AND Davis. They need his birdrights for the cap situation to work. Not only that, but the more you wait, waiting 1 year for Leonard, waiting 2 years for Davis, the older LeBron will be. I know everyone here thinks he's immortal, but father time is undefeated. He will be 34 this year, 35 next year if you wait for Leonard and 36 the year after. The more you wait, the more you waste away LeBron's last good years. All the pressure and the clock is on the Lakers to get this done NOW.

Lastly, this whole Cousin's signing is so overblown. He ruptured his achilles which is a DEVASTATING injury. Kobe ruptured his and went from a pretty good player to one of the worst players in the league. It's a horrific injury. Cousins will probably not be the same player he once was. Not only that, but he won't be back right away, so he couldn't help most teams that could have used it. Wasn't worth the gamble, so they didn't throw a big contract at him. A lot of teams didn't have the cap to gamble and throw a big contract at him either. This is just a perfect storm of everything coming together to make this signing possible.
Im getting tired of people using the Kobe example. Kobe was 34 with 16 years of mileage on his legs. Defensively he was already done, it's just that he could still score. Comparing a guy that old with that much mileage to a 27-year old (regardless of heigh and weight) is not a good comparison.

Again, I disagree with OKC will be better than LA, but considering this isn't gonna go anywhere and you won't take the bet (yes, I know you said you hope, but still), let us drop it as im bored with this.
My god, signing KCP, McGee and now Rondo.... are they trying to win the 2012 Finals ? Big Grin
Signing KCP for 12M$ is the worst of the three IMO, Redick signed a new deal with the Sixers for the same amount, and is a far superior 3pt shooter, what the Lakers absolutely need to surround LeBron.
Right now their starting 5 is Kuzma Ingram LeBron KCP Ball/Rondo, i'm not even sure that's a playoff team :o
(07-04-2018, 11:18 AM)taytn Wrote: My god, signing KCP, McGee and now Rondo.... are they trying to win the 2012 Finals ? Big Grin
Signing KCP for 12M$ is the worst of the three IMO, Redick signed a new deal with the Sixers for the same amount, and is a far superior 3pt shooter, what the Lakers absolutely need to surround LeBron.
Right now their starting 5 is Kuzma Ingram LeBron KCP Ball/Rondo, i'm not even sure that's a playoff team :o

[Image: Tommy-Lee-Jones-in-No-Country-for-Old-Men.jpg]
Now San Antonio wants this

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27844...kuzma-more

I say give it to them, fact is Magic is not gonna build this team through the draft anyway.
^^ Dude, LeBron is in the West now. No more easy trips to the finals. It's going to be HARD for LeBron just to get into the playoffs now. I think people need to realize that LeBron's resume has a bit of an * next to it since he's played in a historically weak Eastern conference all his career. If he had played in the West, he'd have made FAR fewer finals (theoretically, 3 max and even that is a stretch due to match-ups).
[-] The following 1 user Likes whiteisright4bbc's post:
  • taytn
(07-04-2018, 01:40 PM)whiteisright4bbc Wrote: ^^ Dude, LeBron is in the West now. No more easy trips to the finals. It's going to be HARD for LeBron just to get into the playoffs now.

No, it won't and im not going deeper into this with you, unless you are willing to put your money where your mouth is on this.