*****ANNOUNCEMENTS, FEATURES, SUGGESTIONS*****
(07-13-2018, 07:36 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: I'm changing the criteria to 5 rep because y'all niggas have been supremely stingey with the rep.

The rule change is like music to my ears. It was fun to achieve the criteria.
Now that I’m used to contributing on the forum, I won't stop.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Black19magic85's post:
  • Shotgun Styles
It's not really a big thing for me but if membership status/access is predicated on Rep/Likes...it's problematic when you see what appears to be an obvious exploit. Case and point...'hermana' with a rep of 90, almost all of which are from one user over the course of one day. If that's the game, these metrics mean very little. I think Rep should really be a running aggregate of likes.
(07-13-2018, 07:36 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: I'm changing the criteria to 5 rep because y'all niggas have been supremely stingey with the rep.

I think there's a reason for that. A LIKE is a simple like for a post, a thread, humor.. etc.. That is not too hard to get.

A REP to me signifies reputation. And that takes time to earn. A member may have a one-off post; but it takes consistency of contributions and forum etiquette to earn a rep, and that takes time. So actually, the 'stinginess' to give reps may be a good thing.

Having said that, five REPs from moderators may be the way to go.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RickTheDick's post:
  • danhill544
Finally got into the new forum and I like what I see.  Thanks, Shotgun Styles for the revamp.   I changed my avatar and, yes, I'm still Poohbear.  I'll be active more and will have my requests in the near future.  See everyone around! Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like poohbear's post:
  • Shotgun Styles, danhill544
(07-15-2018, 12:22 AM)RickTheDick Wrote:

I think there's a reason for that. A LIKE is a simple like for a post, a thread, humor.. etc.. That is not too hard to get.

A REP to me signifies reputation. And that takes time to earn. A member may have a one-off post; but it takes consistency of contributions and forum etiquette to earn a rep, and that takes time. So actually, the 'stinginess' to give reps may be a good thing.

I agree with you but I won't limit it to moderators only. I would include senior members.
You would need you five different people to give you a rep or else one moderator giving 3 and a senior member giving 2 would be enough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Black19magic85's post:
  • RickTheDick
(07-15-2018, 12:24 AM)poohbear Wrote: Finally got into the new forum and I like what I see.  Thanks, Shotgun Styles for the revamp.   I changed my avatar and, yes, I'm still Poohbear.  I'll be active more and will have my requests in the near future.  See everyone around! Smile

I was wondering when the fuck you were gonna show up. Welcome back, man!

I like your new happy pooh avatar.

(07-15-2018, 01:36 AM)Black19magic85 Wrote:
(07-15-2018, 12:22 AM)RickTheDick Wrote:

I agree with you but I won't limit it to moderators only. I would include senior members.
You would need you five different people to give you a rep or else one moderator giving 3 and a senior member giving 2 would be enough.

I'll take these suggestions under advisement. It's still early, and the rules will be fluid for awhile as we test different strategies to find one that works long term. Thank you for your input, that is what this thread is for.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
Damn,I only have 1 rep
Welcome back everybody! Thanks for saving the vault! It'll be a while before I can access it again, but hey, at least it's there!
[-] The following 2 users Like thickwil's post:
  • Shotgun Styles, danhill544
it`s there and it`s pointless. shiny new store with locked gates.

only the workers and there families can get in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes curious's post:
  • jakes21
(07-16-2018, 08:06 AM)curious Wrote: it`s there and it`s pointless. shiny new store with locked gates.

only the workers and there families can get in.

If you've got a better way to protect the board from legal action, I'm all ears.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shotgun Styles's post:
  • danhill544