UFC 219 - Cris Cyborg Vs Holly Holm - December 30 2017
Does Holly have a chance?

[Image: c_Lv_Xbz_THk_Ko.jpg][Image: holly.jpg]
[Image: i69gu.gif][Image: i6o2p.gif]
[Image: i6ped.gif][Image: i6roq.gif]
OMFG That first pic though Confusedhock: I thought it was an intergender fight when I first saw that shit!

That shit must be photoshopped!!!!
Alexa Grace/Abella Danger/Ella Hughes/Karlee Grey/Elsa Jean/Ariana Marie

XD"Mah Boi, this ass right here is what all true Negros strive for!"XD
[Image: th_279784274_fakeass2_123_598lo.jpg]
^ It is. That's Wanderlei Silva's face photoshopped onto Cyborg's body. She doesn't look quite that bad.

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2F...-22-18.jpg]

As far as Holly having a chance, she does. In fact, it's probably better than almost any other opponent Cyborg could face considering her strong striking background. She will need to avoid being taken down, but if she can do that, I feel her chin will probably hold up over five rounds (she's only ever been KO'd once and it was in boxing after taking a considerable amount of punishment).
[Image: 7p10mnlqnzhmwpza.gif]
Cyborg via decision. Holm deals well with boxers, but kickboxers give her issues.
^ That's true, although Cyborg isn't known to throw many kicks. Should be interesting.
Holly is 36 and fought only twice in the last two years, and lost one of those fights.

Cyborg is 32 and has had approximately five fights in the same timeline, I think (freely admit I didn't go crazy double checking the math here) and won all of them.

There's a lot of other stuff to consider but when I see one girl is a hungry killer and the other isn't as gung ho, I tend to go with the fighter who I think wants it more. So I'm going Cyborg. And that photoshopped pic looked like Iggy Pop, man...
Sure. She hasn't looked all that great in her latest fights though.

But striking wise, she has the skills.
^ To be fair, Cybrog hasn't looked 'amazing' in her latest fights either. In her last fight, she fought a 135 lbs journeywoman (Cyborg's weight class is 145) on short notice even older than Holm and looked pretty pedestrian.

In fact, she's been fighting mainly old, lower weight class middle of the pack fighters recently all over the age of 35 (not really her fault, no one wants to fight her), so her record is a bit deceptive at first glance.

Hell, one of the women that did the best against her and had her in the most danger is probably Gina Carano (who is now a Hollywood actress) and 'Borg pissed hot after that fight...

[Image: giphy.gif]

That girl, yes, THAT girl who was mostly a pure striker with little ground skills, had Cyborg full-mounted on the ground, pounding on her and coming the closest to finishing her in a match in which 'Borg tested positive for an anabolic steroid not long after...

So yes, I believe Holly has a 'chance' to beat her. Especially now that the UFC hired the guy that caught Lance Armstrong and fighters are getting popped left and right...

A bit of speculation on my part, but I do find it 'interesting' how she's looked pretty underwhelming against mediocre fighters coming up in weight to fight her as soon as the UFC started cracking down on the anti-doping front.

Either way, I'm not saying Holm will 'definitely' win or anything or even that I see her winning. All I'm saying is that 'Borg hasn't been fighting great competition (again, not her fault), and even taking that into account, hasn't looked like a world beater or anything against even them.

For all the hate Ronda received when she was champ, she DID look like a world beater against all the soccer moms and Denny's waitresses she fought at least... and Holly still destroyed her.

All I'm saying.

Styles make fights, though. Obviously Rousey is a one-dimensional judoka with no freestyle wrestling lower body takedowns, so Cyborg matches up better vs. Holly. With that said, Holm will 110% be the best fighter by far that 'Borg has ever faced and it's not even close.
Agreed. Holly is the most skilled woman Cyborg has ever faced. Add to that, Holly isn't undersized either. Don't be surprised if Holly catches Cyborg with one of her kicks and puts her down.

Cyborg usually can just overwhelm women with brute aggression strength and force. Some of the women she has faced have been very very tough but they just eventually become punching bags, too. Holly is tough as fuck, has excellent movement, and actually has the striking skills not to become just target practice for Cyborg.
of course holm has a chance. a perfectly timed kick to the head