Videogames

Anyone signup for Google's Project Stream? Its there new streaming game service. Supposedly, you don't need a powerful PC, just 25mbit/s internet, a google account, an ubisoft account, and a chrome browser. Those who sign up for the test/beta gets to play Assassins Creed Odyssey for free.
They are promising lag free 1080p/60 gameplay. #ChromebookMasterRace???

https://projectstream.google.com/aco/sig...gle.com%2F
[-] The following 1 user Likes kcjones's post:
  • Splinter
(10-03-2018, 05:05 AM)kcjones Wrote: Anyone signup for Google's Project Stream?  Its there new streaming game service.  Supposedly, you don't need a powerful PC, just 25mbit/s internet, a google account, an ubisoft account, and a chrome browser.  Those who sign up for the test/beta gets to play Assassins Creed Odyssey for free.
They are promising lag free 1080p/60 gameplay.  #ChromebookMasterRace???

I heard about this, If this kind of thing gets perfected it could virtually eliminate the need for consoles and expensive PC's 

Although just imagine the strain on bandwidth to have 2 billion gamers online.
(10-03-2018, 10:49 AM)Splinter Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 05:05 AM)kcjones Wrote: Anyone signup for Google's Project Stream?  Its there new streaming game service.  Supposedly, you don't need a powerful PC, just 25mbit/s internet, a google account, an ubisoft account, and a chrome browser.  Those who sign up for the test/beta gets to play Assassins Creed Odyssey for free.
They are promising lag free 1080p/60 gameplay.  #ChromebookMasterRace???

I heard about this, If this kind of thing gets perfected it could virtually eliminate the need for consoles and expensive PC's 

Although just imagine the strain on bandwidth to have 2 billion gamers online.

The big problem is the required speed. If you live in a big city in the US or a country like South Korea, you're probably fine. But if you're in a rural/small city area in the US fair chance you can't get that kind of speed. In addition, with the death of net neutrality, how long before ISPs start throttling?

I do hope it works, because NVIDIA 's graphics card pricing is out of control.
[Image: giphy.gif]
In the long run everything will be streamed. Consoles are expensive to make and the profit margins on the machines themselves is not great. That's why the console cycle gets longer and longer each time.

I was looking at the new 5g Verizon system they want to put up in the major cities. A larger number of much smaller cell towers and 1+ gig internet speeds. Give them 7-10 years to build that out in the major markets, and this cloud gaming thing becomes not just viable but preferable to the customer base. Now I can just buy the game, I don't have to buy a $400 console or $1200 gaming computer to play it on.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
i got Batman Arkham Knight Premium edition on sale last week for $20 bucks and ive been hooked on it, one of best games i've played in a long time
tons of fun
(10-05-2018, 04:36 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: In the long run everything will be streamed. Consoles are expensive to make and the profit margins on the machines themselves is not great. That's why the console cycle gets longer and  longer each time.

I was looking at the new 5g Verizon system they want to put up in the major cities. A larger number of much smaller cell towers and 1+ gig internet speeds. Give them 7-10 years to build that out in the major markets, and this cloud gaming thing becomes not just viable but preferable to the customer base. Now I can just buy the game, I don't have to buy a $400 console or $1200 gaming computer to play it on.

....And it starts in 2019
(05-05-2018, 03:05 PM)vesuvius Wrote:
iramaj Wrote:I was just wondering if there was going to be another Soul Calibur.  Taki, Yun Seong & Xianghua was my squad.

I don't game as hard as I used to just do to the lack of quality games but there are certain series that I will never pass up playing.  This latest God of War has been damn near perfect so far. I'm jut waiting on them to finish The Last of Us 2.

Games that need to be made immediately
Bloodborne 2
Nioh 2
Horizon Zero Dawn 2
I want these two as well. I hope Kingdom Hearts gets a release date at E3.

I believe there is one comeing out, i think ive seen it being advertised on either snapchat or youtube.