This is America
Just fire! Dude is brilliant!
What...

...in the blue hell...

...was that?

Reason number 734 that your generation's music is fucking garbage. That shit sounds like someone threw an ipod nano into the garbage disposal while it was running.

You want to talk political music? Here's some eye and ear bleach to cleanse the senses of that Glover nonsense...

[youtube]739XYgoA-x8[/youtube]
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
Styles in action.

[youtube]NelBNtNm8l0[/youtube]
[Image: DGaaBwz.gif]
Shotgun Styles Wrote:What...

...in the blue hell...

...was that?

Reason number 734 that your generation's music is fucking garbage. That shit sounds like someone threw an ipod nano into the garbage disposal while it was running.

You want to talk political music? Here's some eye and ear bleach to cleanse the senses of that Glover nonsense...
Must be depressing to not be able to reference a single relevant political song that's come out in the last 30 years.
~~ PM me about dead links or if you need help finding rare IR scenes - I will try my best ~~
un57 Wrote:
Shotgun Styles Wrote:What...

...in the blue hell...

...was that?

Must be depressing to not be able to reference a single relevant political song that's come out in the last 30 years.

There's nothing depressing about it: YOUR MUSIC SUCKS.

There are a few modern acts I like. The Weeknd, Bruno Mars, Daft Punk. What do they all have in common? They're all retro artists. Something happened in the mid 2000s and music just became a jumble of corporate acts (Akon, 50 Cent, Lil Wayne) or artsy fartsy dudes like Mr. Gambino here or Kendrick Lamar.

Yes. Some of the lyrics and messages are good. But the music itself, the sound of it, is unpleasant. And we haven't even talked about "trap" music and mumble rap. Literally, all of it sound sounds the same "Nuh Nunna Nuh Nunna Nuh Nuh, UGH! Nuh Nunna Nuh Nunna Nuh Nuh, UGH!" I mean, in the 90s different people had different sounds. Tribe Called Quest didn't sound like The Wu Tang Klan who didin't sound like Nelly who didn't sound like Warren G. Different regions had they're own flow. Bay area guys like E40 had a totally different vibe than So Cal guys like Ice Cube.

Your music sucks, son. It's not your fault, and I'm not blaming you. But once corporations took over marketing music and the only acts that got on were the ones with some gimmick to sell, the art went out of hip hop. Yes, 50 Cent is a real gangster. But he's a fake musician. Manufactured by Dre and his corporate backers to portray an image, and backed by music created by studio engineers, not artists.

Kendrick Lamar is a great poet. The music behind his lyrics is like listening to cats fucking in the alley while a kid bangs pots together. It's fucking terrible. No melody to speak of and a grating beat that is as relentless as it is annoying. It's art, but it sure as hell ain't music.
White Girl Connoisseur
Time for some positivity.

[youtube]-OqrcUvrbRY[/youtube]
[Image: DGaaBwz.gif]
I dig that that one.

But why does it sound like it was mixed in 1993?

Very old school sound.
White Girl Connoisseur
Shotgun Styles Wrote:Your music sucks, son. It's not your fault, and I'm not blaming you.
Phew, what a relief. You had me worried there for a second.

Anyway, clearly you don't know much about music, past or present, so I'll just leave it alone.
~~ PM me about dead links or if you need help finding rare IR scenes - I will try my best ~~
Good read about the video

https://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/2018/05 ... lover.html
[Image: 31288248488_b40db8d781_o.gif]
I like Childish Gambino, but the whole trap genre gimmicky AF. The best political music video I've recently was by Joyner Lucas, "I'm not Racist"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43gm3CJePn0