Any movie scenes that traumatized you as a kid?
The original Jaws, when Brody was chumming and the shark came up out of the water.....the whole "gonna need a bigger boat " line...wouldnt go swimming for awhile after that
Apparently when I was a baby E.T. Scared the shit outta me according to my Mom.
[Image: eJdQvV7.gif]

[-] The following 1 user Likes zetron's post:
  • WhootyFiend
Yoda in the first Star Wars movie - I couldn't have been more then 5yrs old. According to my parents, they had to leave the movie when Luke was undergoing his training because I wasn't having any of it.
Not me, but my grown daughter STILL recounts the damage done to her by the MJ Thriller video and the Tales From The Crypt host. That's what her hard-headed azz gets for unsanctioned channel changing!!! LOL!!!
The scene when Freddy grabs Karen's mom through the door at the end of A Nightmare on Elm Street. That got me back then as it was a og jump scare especially when Karen and her friends got locked in the car driving off.
[Image: Qa6cdQ9c_t.jpg][
(05-28-2018, 10:04 PM)beaujesus Wrote:
kcjones Wrote:I would sneak and watch Benny Hill after everyone went to bed, and this trailer came on.  I couldn't have been older than 8.  Sitting less than a foot away from the screen, I ran out of the room screaming. I came across the trailer on youtube recently and, as a grown as man, was nervous re-watching it for the first time.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RryaqGHep0

hA hA I have the feeling that Suspiria paid your 8 year old self a dream visit that night ?  :twisted:

I remember that trailer!  My brother's face turned white like a ghost after seeing that commercial on TV!  The movie was a different story.  Not scary at all.  I'm curious about the remake coming out later this year.
(07-27-2018, 11:12 AM)ubiquitous Wrote: The scene when Freddy grabs Karen's mom through the door at the end of A Nightmare on Elm Street.   That got me back then as it was a og jump scare especially when Karen and her friends got locked in the car driving off.

I was on the floor laughing my ass off at that scene.
[-] The following 1 user Likes poohbear's post:
  • ubiquitous
(07-27-2018, 02:14 AM)cumxplorer Wrote: Yoda in the first Star Wars movie - I couldn't have been more then 5yrs old. According to my parents, they had to leave the movie when Luke was undergoing his training because I wasn't having any of it.

Sandpeople attack scene in the original movie scared me a lot as a kid.
The Exorcist.. Linda Blair's turning head scene. I sneaked into a movie theater as a kid.. Between the fear of getting caught, and what I was watching... Mixture of thrill and horror.

It didn't traumatize me, but I had nightmares for a week.
The movie Grizzly came out in 1976 cheaply produced but to an 8 year old kid watching it at a drive in movie theater surrounded by woods it scared the absolute shit out of me and I couldn't sleep for weeks.