Any movie scenes that traumatized you as a kid?
(07-27-2018, 11:12 AM)ubiquitous Wrote: The scene when Freddy grabs Karen's mom through the door at the end of A Nightmare on Elm Street.   That got me back then as it was a og jump scare especially when Karen and her friends got locked in the car driving off.

I was on the floor laughing my ass off at that scene.
[-] The following 1 user Likes poohbear's post:
  • ubiquitous
(07-27-2018, 02:14 AM)cumxplorer Wrote: Yoda in the first Star Wars movie - I couldn't have been more then 5yrs old. According to my parents, they had to leave the movie when Luke was undergoing his training because I wasn't having any of it.

Sandpeople attack scene in the original movie scared me a lot as a kid.
The Exorcist.. Linda Blair's turning head scene. I sneaked into a movie theater as a kid.. Between the fear of getting caught, and what I was watching... Mixture of thrill and horror.

It didn't traumatize me, but I had nightmares for a week.
The movie Grizzly came out in 1976 cheaply produced but to an 8 year old kid watching it at a drive in movie theater surrounded by woods it scared the absolute shit out of me and I couldn't sleep for weeks.
Michael Myers's mask in the Halloween movies
When Boba Fett got eaten by the Sarlacc monster in The Return of The Jedi.
I got another one, especially for people afraid of spiders.....

[Image: 1067970-b.jpg]

FUCK THIS MOVIE!!!!1
[Image: Qa6cdQ9c_t.jpg][
Its funny how i pretty much never was scared by movies when a kid. I suspect it may have to do with me having a earlier contact with trash b movies with poor gore effects then actual horror. It always sadened me because i wanted to get scared in horror movies, actual fear- while i just felt suspense and sometimes jumpscares.

I think the only things that made me feel some kind of fear were more psychological horror movies regarding very vile and abnormal human behaviour - i remember feeling bad about that movie where a old lady kidnaps his favorite author. When she breaks his legs on the bed, that got under my skin.
But i wouldn't consider it fear as usual in a horror sense.

Theres is however one exception. A single one.
Event Horizon.
I don't even remember its ending wich was famously at the time more hardcore and hellish, i suspect because we were all expecting hellish things by the end.
The scene that got me is the first contact of the astronauts with the horrors.
Its when they play the tape from the dead crew. The one where they're going mad and theres someone gourging their own eyes off.

That one. Its the only i ever recall feeling true horror and getting under my skin- and i feared re-watching it for a long time.
Village of the Damned (1960)

Watched the movie in a late night setting in my bed.  The end of the film, where you see glowing eyes coming at you scared the beegeesus out of me to the point where I stayed up all night.  I still cringe watching it.  In fact, anytime I drive at night on an empty highway, the lights from cars reminds me of that scene. 

Creepy!

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
MAybe the ending scene to Jeepers Creepers where Justin Long's eyes got carved out
[Image: GF9tELh.gif]