TV Shows to Watch/Binge - Current and All-Time
Anything goes (probably easier to just exclude sitcoms). Foreign is good. Rank and recommend if you please. Feel free to write a quick blurb about the show, especially for the less well known shows. Listing shows you're currently watching that may not be in your top shows of say the last year is fine. Shows in between seasons is also okay.

'All-time' would usually refer to shows no longer in production unless you have a current show in your all-time list.

I'll try to limit my current watch list. More selective with my 'All time' list. It would be helpful to list the platform where current ongoing shows can be found.

Current Watch List:

Killing Eve (BBC America), cat and mouse between female assassin and intelligence analyst
The Good Fight (CBS All Access), centred on a predominantly AA law firm
Deep State (Epix), British espionage thriller with CIA elements
Westworld (HBO)
Billions (Showtime)
The Terror (AMC), horror...fictionalized account of an Arctic expedition
Dark (Netflix), German language Sci-Fi

All Time:

***** The Wire, Deadwood
**** The Bridge (Swedish original), Boardwalk Empire, The Knick
Killing Eve - First show I thought of when I saw this thread. Damn that was a surprisingly good ass show.

Fargo
Black Mirror
The Expanse
Mr. Robot
Westworld - Waiting on this season to finish so I can binge
You're The Worst
The Americans - Final episode tonight
GOT - of course
Humans
Into The Badlands
Supernatural - Going on 14 years w/ this show :lol:
The 100

All Time:

Banshee
Dexter
Breaking Bad
SOA
MisFits
[Image: 43359677871_531bb890e9_o.gif]
^It's crazy the shows I just blanked on even after thinking about it. Haven't seen Fargo season 3 but I actually could argue that Season 2 surpassed Season 1 (I'd probably put it somewhere in my All-Time).

Not up to date on Mr. Robot nor on the Americans (although I always had ambiguous rooting interests in that show). GOT is so mainstream that I just forgot, mainly because I was focused on more obscure shows.

Did you think Dexter peaked in a certain season? Or do you think it was pretty consistent.
Dexter peaked at Season 4. There was just no way they were going to top John Lithgow w/ the Trinity Killer and what he did.

Season 1 of Fargo was one of my favorite seasons of a show ever, until season 2 came around. I used to hate Bokeem Woodbine at the time but he completely changed my mind about him in that season.
I just finished "The Americans" tonight. All I can say is, Bravo. One of the best cable series of all time. Slow burn pacing, excellent dialogue and acting, with casting as perfect as it can get. The end was just enough satisfying closure and open ended intrigue to lead to endless coffee table discussions.

I love modern TV, so my list is too long. He's the short answer

Oz
The Sopranos
Mad Men
Homicide: Life on the Street
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Boardwalk Empire
House of Lies
House of Cards
Black Mirror
American Gods
Preacher
The Walking Dead
Better Call Saul
Generation Kill
Deadwood
Sherlock (Cumberbatch version)
The Leftovers
Billions
Game of Thrones
Westworld
The Night Of
Ballers
Vinyl (so bummed it was cancelled after only one season)
Show Me A Hero
Ray Donovan
Nurse Jackie (a rare feminist project done right)
Penn/Teller Bullshit!
Counterpart
The Shield
Fargo
The Bridge (another show cancelled too soon)
Snowfall
The Grand Tour
Top Gear
Halt And Catch Fire
Humans
Longmire (I usually hate cop shows, but this is something different. More of a modern western)
Stranger Things (totally surprised me by how good it is)
Glow (I remember Saturday mornings watching this shit)
Hannibal
Goliath

I like dark, serious, and fucked up. I hate anything with black/white moralizing, PC SJW pandering, or Disneyfied happy endings. The real world is shades of grey and a lot of sleaze in the middle. I like that. If I feel like I'm being preached to or patronized, I lose interest quickly. As such, there's only two network television shows on my list: Hannibal, because it was written to be like a cable show, and Homicide: Life on the Street, because it was made by the same guy who created The Wire.

Honorable Mention: PBS' "The American Experience". So many fascinating stories about our country. Thoughtful. Also, most of the Ken Burns series. "The Civil War", "Unforgiveable Blackness" and "The Vietnam War" stand out.
White Girl Connoisseur
I feel like I'm the only person that has never watched The Wire or Sopranos.

Forgot all about American Gods, Saul, Preacher & Hannibal (I still watch that last scene all the time)

Orphan Black
I'm picky when it comes to TV, and my top 5 is constantly in flux based on how I feel at the moment.
Right now, my list is as follows:

The Expanse (if it keeps being consistent, it could become the best action/sci-fi series I've seen,
ever)

BSG Remake (grown up, mature, dark and intricate science fiction; I even love the last season)

The Sopranos (probably the single greatest TV series of all time)

Longmire (incredibly overlooked, imo. It's not something I heard too many people talking about
when it was on A&E, and after Netflix got it I converted many of my friends)

Breaking Bad (the quintessential modern tragedy, and it went out on the best possible
terms, simply a masterpiece)

There are a few honorable mentions; The Wire, Lost (before it got lost deep in its own asshole), House of Cards, Hannibal. If you ask me this question another day, I might have one or more of these in my top 5, they're all that good, imo.
[youtube]b2C6MhNMMv8[/youtube]
Given how shit went down with the Black kid on the show, I'm surprised more of you aren't into Stranger Things. It's really good.

Also, I forgot about The Knick. Really good show. Soderbergh is one of my favorites.

Two old school shows I loved in HD on Netflix:

1) Miami Vice, Season 1 & 2. These are the Mann seasons and each episode is like a little noir film. So much darker than the series gets credit for. The show went off the rails with the white Ferrari. But the Black Ferrari seasons were dope. "Evan" was 20 years ahead of it's time.

2) The Rockford Files. Watching this show, remastered in HD on Netflix was like being in a time machine. Any show shot on film can be brought up to a 4k standard, because that's the approximate resolution of 35mm film. So much of the show is shot on location in and around LA, and it's like being in the 1970s. That's to say nothing of how great Jim Rockford and his IDGAF attitude is. I hate shows that moralize, and this one takes the cake for simply throwing questions of right/wrong out the window: Jim does what's best for Jim. Be a coward? If it works. Be a thief? If gets the job done. Frame somebody for a crime? If it buys him a favor.
White Girl Connoisseur
Shotgun Styles Wrote:Given how shit went down with the Black kid on the show
That stuff has never mattered to me.

Im watching The 100 right now and Voltron is coming back soon.