TV Shows to Watch/Binge - Current and All-Time
(06-28-2018, 03:00 PM)roscoeleroi Wrote: ^ I've watched the first few episodes of Cloak and Dagger. The two lead actors are interesting but the story is moving along very slowly. I'm hopeful that there's a payoff for my patience in letting the story develop further.

Thanks. I'll have to check it out. I'll probably wait and binge watch it.
(06-26-2018, 10:39 PM)checkstat115 Wrote: The Expanse is this generation's BSG. Also recommend Killing Eve.

The Expanse is a marvelous sci-fi TV show and I'm glad that Amazon saved it. I can recommend the books you love sci-fi because they are even better than the TV show.

Killing Eve is a quirky take on the hunter and hunted. It's really good. But I loved Fleabag from the same creator
[-] The following 1 user Likes Black19magic85's post:
  • Maddisin10
(06-26-2018, 09:31 PM)NigmanB Wrote: Ozark it has a Breaking Bad vibe. Cool

Basically a father living in Chicago as a financial adviser ends up working for a very important cartel in Mexico and to launder his money he must move to a remote and discreet region (Ozark) in the deep America.

Season 2 will be released on August 31.
I have only seen the opening episode but Ozark looks interesting.  Filmed in north GA though lol.
(05-31-2018, 03:14 AM)iramaj Wrote: Killing Eve - First show I thought of when I saw this thread. Damn that was a surprisingly good ass show.

Fargo
Black Mirror
The Expanse
Mr. Robot
Westworld - Waiting on this season to finish so I can binge
You're The Worst
The Americans - Final episode tonight
GOT - of course
Humans
Into The Badlands
Supernatural - Going on 14 years w/ this show  :lol:
The 100

All Time:

Banshee
Dexter
Breaking Bad
SOA
MisFits

I totally second Black Mirror. A little bit uneven in terms of great episodes and OK episodes, but when the episodes are great, they are astonishingly bleak looks at an alternate reality. Bryce Dallas Howard in the pastel social credit system nightmare that was "Nosedive", and Daniel Kaluuya in "Fifteen Million Merits" left me feeling shaken. Lots of great actor and director cameos. Can't wait for the next season.

I loved Misfits too, but it was never the same without Nathan.

I miss SoA, and hope Mayans MC can be just as good.
(06-28-2018, 03:00 PM)roscoeleroi Wrote: ^ I've watched the first few episodes of Cloak and Dagger. The two lead actors are interesting but the story is moving along very slowly. I'm hopeful that there's a payoff for my patience in letting the story develop further.

It's very slow. I don't mind slow shows, but the payoff needs to come quickly.
I read somewhere that the showrunner took his inspirations from the movie Like Crazy (coming-of-age romance). I understand their approach but I'm becoming impatient.

I hope it won't be like Runaways.
(06-29-2018, 08:58 AM)Black19magic85 Wrote:
(06-26-2018, 10:39 PM)checkstat115 Wrote: The Expanse is this generation's BSG. Also recommend Killing Eve.

The Expanse is a marvelous sci-fi TV show and I'm glad that Amazon saved it. I can recommend the books you love sci-fi because they are even better than the TV show.

Killing Eve is a quirky take on the hunter and hunted. It's really good. But I loved Fleabag from the same creator

I honestly did not realize that it was based on a book series. I should have figured. It seems that everything is either a remake, based on a book, or graphic novel. I've been looking for some new reading material so I'll will have to check out the books.
I must be stuck in the 90's because I like Wayans Brothers, Jamie Foxx, and Martin reruns and Im good.

I just cant get into new shows for some reason and not because the shows arent any good. Im just picky I guess.
then take a look at Lethal Weapon with Damon Wayans, it has that 90's vibe

Basically a father living in Chicago as a financial adviser ends up working for a very important cartel in Mexico and to launder his money he must move to a remote and discreet region (Ozark) in the deep America.

Watched the pilot based on this recommendation and I'm hooked already.

I'm always on the lookout for great series, serious dark stuff and crime stuff so I have NO IDEA how this got past me.

+Rep for  you.
White Girl Connoisseur
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shotgun Styles's post:
  • NigmanB
(07-01-2018, 11:43 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:

Watched the pilot based on this recommendation and I'm hooked already.

I'm always on the lookout for great series, serious dark stuff and crime stuff so I have NO IDEA how this got past me.

+Rep for  you.

If you like dark and crime series (and you don't mind subtitles and foreign language), you need to check out The Bridge (Bron/Broen), a Scandinavian series. It's one of the best crime series and is pretty dark.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1733785/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I don't know if it's on Netflix in US.