*****ANNOUNCEMENTS, FEATURES, SUGGESTIONS*****
WELCOME BACK EVERYONE!

As you can see, the forum has changed quite a bit. We've made some additions. The previous forum software was old, buggy and impractical. I won't go into what it took to change over to new software, but it was a lot. Two major negatives:

1) We lost our avatars. They were hot linked, and not saved in the database.

2) Some of the BB code did not translate. So links and vids are broken. Sorry.

3) Signatures are limited to 1 image. This was a staff decision to reduce clutter. Some of you had more than one, and still do, but the system won't let you do that again.

4) The new Community Forums have not yet been fully seeded from the old "outside" forum. This will take time. Please be patient.

Other than that, most of what was here before is here now. Lets discuss the major changes:

1) MY STAFF AND I DECIDED TO SAVE THE VAULT.

Probably the first thing you noticed. No one was purged, and the vault is still here. But, the vault will no longer be a free for all of leaches and ghost accounts. Only Senior Members have access to the vault. They're names are in gold. Everyone who had 100 posts was grandfathered in as a senior member. For everyone who didn't make that cut, here is the new criteria:

a) 100 posts
b) 25 likes
c) 10 rep

*Important* Rep given by regular members is 1 point, rep given by senior members is worth up to 2 points, rep given by staff is worth up to 3 points.

Once you've met those criteria, then you can message a moderator who will review your profile. At least half your posts need to be in the community forums, so be sure you're fully participating in discussion. We want members who contribute, and we want to reward those who make the site better by providing quality content.

***POSTING GARBAGE ONE LINERS OR SPAM WILL GET YOU BANNED***

Keep that in mind when posting. Your posts will be reviewed with some scrutiny before promoting you, so make sure you're not just throwing up crap. Also, if all your likes and rep seem to be coming from the same people, we're going to permanently ban you, them, and all your IPs, so don't even try circle jerking yourselves to Seniority. If no current Senior Members are liking or repping you, we'll know something is up.

2) NEW FEATURES

We've instituted some new features.

a) Alert system. On the top next to your user CP is your alert bell. Check that when you come in to see what's gone on while you were out.

b) Like system. If you like a post, use the button. This helps the staff know what content is popular, lets the forum members know who's posting the best content by upping their stats (right of your avatar), and helps the best contributors get promoted to Senior status.

c) Rep system. Under each post is a "rate" button. When someone writes something that warrants more than a mere "like", then you can add to their overall reputation. I tried to attach likes to the rep system (x number of  likes gets you one rep), but can't get it to work just yet.

3) SUGGESTIONS

The floor is yours, gentlemen! By all means, if you've got suggestions, want to discuss the new features, feel free to do so here. I'm sure I'm forgetting 50 or 60 things, but I'm absolutely knackered from working on this. My brain is fried. By all means, use this thread to discuss anything I missed.
White Girl Connoisseur
[-] The following 8 users Like Shotgun Styles's post:
  • Hoss5973, luckyaa, anti_flag, Mr. IR, mike69jkem, karinaa623, leimmortal, 1907burak
Can you add an option for a dark theme/background color?
[-] The following 1 user Likes sapphi10489's post:
  • luckyaa
Thanks for saving the site!! I was very worried for a while there. let us know how we can support
(06-25-2018, 08:45 PM)sapphi10489 Wrote: Can you add an option for a dark theme/background color?

Yeah, forgot to mention:

This theme sucks. All of the dark ones that are available are broken in one way or another. At some point, I'll have to hire someone to make me a dark one.

When I've confident the site is running smoothly, I'll look into it.

(06-25-2018, 08:48 PM)engarom Wrote: Thanks for saving the site!! I was very worried for a while there. let us know how we can support

If any of you know CSS, we need a new dark theme. PM me.
White Girl Connoisseur
And were back. Hopefully everyone's on board with these new features.
[-] The following 2 users Like blackalpha's post:
  • 1907burak, Caio Mimino
If it's not a time sapping task, you could always install an already-made MyBB dark theme.
as a place holder. I use dark themes for basically everything so this is different.
(06-25-2018, 10:19 PM)Coltrane88 Wrote: If it's not a time sapping task, you could always install an already-made MyBB dark theme.
as a place holder.  I use dark themes for basically everything so this is different.

Mah Nigga Vesuvius is working on a new theme now.
White Girl Connoisseur
Glad to be back! Thanks for all your efforts. One thing: my shortcut for the site points to ir-tube.net/forum/, which now doesn't work. I think you should redirect that link to ir-tube.net to prevent people from missing out on the new launch...
(06-25-2018, 10:46 PM)fanboy Wrote: Glad to be back!  Thanks for all your efforts.  One thing: my shortcut for the site points to ir-tube.net/forum/, which now doesn't work.  I think you should redirect that link to ir-tube.net to prevent people from missing out on the new launch...

I'll look into it.
White Girl Connoisseur
Also the avatar size is max 1KB, which I think is a bit restrictive. Can you up it to something larger? My old 18KB avatar obviously won't work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fanboy's post:
  • luckyaa