World Cup
(07-06-2018, 02:49 PM)Coltrane88 Wrote: Meh, Belgium got lucky on their first goal, scored a great counter attacking 2nd. They then sat back, and didn't create really anything against a side that had to push it. I think if you replay those exact chances across the game that Brazil created, they score at least 2 probably 3, 9 out of 10 times. Easily one of Coutinho's worst games that I've seen him play.

Belgium have definite quality (perfectly tailored for quick attacks) but it's kind of puzzling how little they did in that 2nd half. Not a convincing finish for me.

Belgium was really lucky and Coutinho wasted so many attacks with his blocked shots. I didn't understand the decision to sub Lukaku. Played in the hands of Brazil.

Brazil missed Casemiro. He would've fooled Lukaku in the counterattack for the second goal.
This sport makes me want to pull my hair out. It's really frustrating to watch a team chill in their own red zone because they scored a fluke goal.

Too bad it's gaining popularity in the States because y'all were the only hope of introducing rule changes to making it more attack focused and entertaining.
England is looking good. Europe is dominating this thing.
(07-07-2018, 10:43 AM)diebron Wrote: This sport makes me want to pull my hair out. It's really frustrating to watch a team chill in their own red zone because they scored a fluke goal.

Too bad it's gaining popularity in the States because y'all were the only hope of introducing rule changes to making it more attack focused and entertaining.

well if they do that it's the oppo's fault for not pressing them effectively
[Image: giphy.gif]
sig: Lexi Belle & JonJon (Elegant Angel)
Here is a Neymar inspired commercial for the ones that'll missed all the theatrics.
Sweden was too weak to give England opposition. They went easily through. Croatia played badly again. They've been weak in the knockout phase like always but they're going the next phase. I hope that they regain their form. They play down to their competition.

Who do you have in the semifinals?

France vs. Belgium
Croatia vs England

I think that France will win. Belgium's right back is suspended and they don't have an adequate replacement. That's their new weakness and France will exploit it.

I want Croatia to win but they've been disappointing in knockout games. I expect England to win.
England will have the upper hand in the aerial threat department, body strength and good set piece play compared to Croatia who also lacking a striker scoring regularly. Prediction score for this game will be 2-0 England win with Kane scoring both.

France and Belgium are both similar side, with my prediction, Belgium will nick it 1-0 with their defence bring stronger and organised with Fallani scoring.
[-] The following 1 user Likes billleester's post:
  • Black19magic85
Three out of four predictions correct. I expected Sweden to do much better against England... but it seemed like a totally different Swedish team than the one in the first stage.

I’m going to venture that Belgium and England will advance. And the champion will be... Belgium.
Finals: France vs Croatia
https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2018/06/22/world-cup-2018-how-belgium-became-cool/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NYR%20Snapshots%20sculpture%20fiction%20Supreme%20Court&utm_content=NYR%20Snapshots%20sculpture%20fiction%20Supreme%20Court+CID_22691518c950e78be8e3a5f65d709da4&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_term=Belgium
[-] The following 1 user Likes bloggy's post:
  • RickTheDick