World Cup
The late game dramatics just keep on coming in this tourney can not remember when I have seen so many late game goals. I feel for Nigeria they we doing everything that they could to win that game even with that potential handball they missed two golden opportunities to put it away though that screamer that just went over the top and that free kick that just did not bend enough , that was the youth of the team showing (the youngest team in the tourney). The guy breathing the biggest sigh of relief on the pitch was the Argentina manager, I think that if they had lost or drawn and were knocked out dude would have just stayed in Russia, Maradona with the double middle finger caught on camera LOL.

I agree Brazil even with Germany struggling want no part of them right now, you dont get beat that bad in your own house and not have it effect you for a while. Caught the Fox commentators already drooling over the potential Ronaldo vs Messi quarterfinal, but Argentina can not afford to look past France and Portugal better not look past Uruguay.
[-] The following 3 users Like blkknight1's post:
  • Maddisin10, luckyaa, bloggy
(06-27-2018, 01:38 AM)Coltrane88 Wrote: Already some very early knockout stage match ups for the big hitters.  France v Argentina in Round of 16.  I think psychologically, Brazil would rather avoid Germany and any potential residue from that 7-1 destruction four years ago.   We may see some shenanigans with regards to Brazil playing for a certain result as Germany plays earlier in the day so they'll have a sense of the different scenarios.  They're guaranteed to go through with a draw.

Yeah I can definitely see Brazil playing for a draw with Serbia if Germany ends up second in their group. Though with all the late match drama it could be dangerous. It would be kind of funny if they gave up a late goal to Serbia and got eliminated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maddisin10's post:
  • Coltrane88
french guy posting here.....anyone else riled up for France - Argentina on Saturday ? Big Grin
The first surprise is here. Germany is out! Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like muhamad's post:
  • taytn, luckyaa, Maddisin10
germany, can't believe it :o
[-] The following 1 user Likes taytn's post:
  • Maddisin10
The Argentina matchup for France worries me. Irrespective of their poor form, ARG have arguably the best player in world, dangerous strikers and a bunch of players who have loads of experience winning things. While France have some young freakish talents and look awesome on paper, they have been underwhelming under the current manager (they had no business losing Euro 2016 to an average Portugal team). I think they really need to go ahead in the first half and try to avoid a 20 min to go next-goal-wins situation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Coltrane88's post:
  • bloggy
Wow I really did not expect Germany to get eliminated. Especially like that. I didn't think they would have had any problems with South Korea at all. Of course that's what makes it so great is the upsets.
  • bloggy
I was just looking at the knockout bracket and the top half is stacked. You got Uruguay-Portugal, France-Argentina, and Brazil-Mexico. The Belgium-England match tomorrow should be interesting seeing if either of them want to win the group and end up in that half of the bracket. You gotta think Spain and who ever finishes 2nd of Belgium and England got to be the favorites to come out of the bottom half of the bracket.
  • bloggy
^I'm leaning Colombia over whoever they get (assuming they qualify). So that's Belgium or England out next round. They played almost their entire first game vs Japan with 10 men but their team cohesiveness looks real good and they have enough top players (James, Cuadrado, Falcao) to be a danger. Belgium could get hot but they're leaky at the back and they seem to be prone to the same internal disharmony the Dutch are known for.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Coltrane88's post:
  • Maddisin10
I think this is the first World Cup that I went into not being fussed about and now I'm hooked on every game. The draw is opening up nicely and no one team look really dominate. Colombia or Uruguay will go far as they have great attacking options and the quality of depending nowadays is pretty much non existent.

My money though is on Brazil or England
[-] The following 1 user Likes marcusskipsey's post:
  • bloggy