*** negrodamus has been BANNED for 1 Week for Spamming The Board ***
Whoa!
Is ban really the proper word? If he is allowed back sounds more like a suspension and demotion since he is losing his mod powers. If anything can't really say I care about that user. Should have known the rules if he was modding people here.
(07-14-2018, 12:35 PM)jeff2 Wrote: Is ban really the proper word? If he is allowed back sounds more like a suspension and demotion since he is losing his mod powers. If anything can't really say I care about that user. Should have known the rules if he was modding people here.

A temp ban is still a ban.

I REALLY don't want to permanently ban anyone. In fact, all of the banned people (with the latest exception) have already been reinstated. You've got to get pretty wild for me to just kick you out forever.

I'm trying to be as fair as I can while accomplishing 2 primary missions

1) Organize the board in such a way that we can keep the vault. This is why I made it private, and created Senior Member status. It keeps the DMCA prowlers off our backs, while rewarding members for participating.

2) To reign in a lot of the hostility and insults that plagued the old board. We shouldn't be tearing each other down.

There's no way to accomplish those things without pissing some people off. Also, I didn't want to air Vesuvius' dirty laundry, but there was no way for me to ban him without looking like a maniac if I didn't. It sucks that I had to put him on blast, but there just wasn't any other way.

Some people are gonna hate this move. But keep in mind, I didn't have a lot of better options.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Shotgun Styles's post:
  • nvdiceguy, snakebyte666, DataNerd
It's refreshing to see the site admin actually, well administrating. I don't envy you the decisions you have to make or the time you put into managing this board. I tried it once and it's a thankless chore. I'm glad you're taking an active role over the moderators.
Man, I just want things to run smoothly. I want people to respect each other and the staff. When Vesuvius went in on the previous Admin, that really rubbed me the wrong way. Yeah, he was absentee, but he put up his own money to maintain this thing and never made a cent out of it. If not for him, we get nothing.
White Girl Connoisseur
Hermana was banned after multiple members reported that the Rep and Like systems were being abused by the sock puppet alias "uploadmaster". They indeed appear to be the same person. All Liked posts deleted, all Reputation deleted, "uploadmaster" account deleted, and Hermana is banned for one week.

Thank you to our vigilant members for reporting this, I had no idea it was going on since I was out most of this week. Good job, fellas.
White Girl Connoisseur
(07-14-2018, 04:55 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: Hermana was banned after multiple members reported that the Rep and Like systems were being abused by the sock puppet alias "uploadmaster". They indeed appear to be the same person. All Liked posts deleted, all Reputation deleted, "uploadmaster" account deleted, and Hermana is banned for one week.

Thank you to our vigilant members for reporting this, I had no idea it was going on since I was out most of this week. Good job, fellas.

tough job, hang in there, will Hermana be able to upload when he gets back?

(07-14-2018, 08:57 PM)Coffin Wrote:
(07-14-2018, 04:55 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: Hermana was banned after multiple members reported that the Rep and Like systems were being abused by the sock puppet alias "uploadmaster". They indeed appear to be the same person. All Liked posts deleted, all Reputation deleted, "uploadmaster" account deleted, and Hermana is banned for one week.

tough job, hang in there, will Hermana be able to upload when he gets back?

Unless you are a mod, nothing about your status changes. If I have to ban a mod, yeah, he's fired. But a Senior Member will have all the same privileges.
White Girl Connoisseur
So Vesuvius went David Ruffin in the Staff Chat.....gotcha lmao. Honestly keep up the good work Shotgun. It can’t be easy to provide a service like this my man.
I took my ban like a man and didn't complain as in the morning after posting I realized that I had one too many whisky sours and was hogging the board and was guilty of posting nonsense one liners.

I like Vesuvius and the content he posts especially with some of the chicks I have never heard of that he finds but I did think yesterday he was going a bit over the top with the posts and I am not even a moderator or anything to do with the board.

As Shotgun said this is a board for everyone and people need to realize that if you see a topic has 90 replies you are going to think it is hot topic. To then go in and see 'damn' 'she okay' 'smash' 90 times is kind of anti climatic and boring and a waste of time IMO (like I said I was guilty of this so am partly to blame myself)

Anyway going to be my last post of the day as I don't want to get banned again lol but if you do reply smash then put a reason why or if it a pass then a reason why or expand a little on the post as then won't be classed or seen as just spamming and will actually look like you are engaged in the thread......
[-] The following 1 user Likes marcusskipsey's post:
  • Shotgun Styles