NBA Free agency
(07-02-2018, 07:03 AM)taytn Wrote: Sixers should make a godfather offer for Kawhi, now that the East is wide open, for example Saric + Covington+ draft picks.
A starting five of Embiid, Simmons, Kawhi, Redick, Fultz would easily make the finals, what do you think ?

Lets see.

A center with iffy health.

A point guard who is pretty awesome, but can't play off the ball.

Fultz who has loads of potential, but is weak in the production department, so ehmmm there.

An MVP-level player who is also an MVP-level malcontent and may very well decide to sit if he doesn't get traded to LA.

Yeah, my money is on Boston taking the East, even with their injuries.
[Image: DGaaBwz.gif]
Anyone taking odds on how long it takes for LeBron to show Lavar Ball the door?!
(07-02-2018, 03:20 AM)vesuvius Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 06:58 PM)whiteisright4bbc Wrote: Glad PG13 didn't go to the Lakers. Westbrook is extremely underrated. Hope Kawhi is shipped off to the Celtics and the Thunder bounce the Lakers in the play-offs.

Not gonna happen. I'll sig-bet you right now that they won't.

I think you're selling OKC a bit short. Their defense was actually pretty good last year even with Melo. They will be even better this year with a year under their belt to figure out how to play together. The real masterstroke would be to have Melo come off the bench as a 6th man. If they can do that, sky's the limit.
[Image: 7p10mnlqnzhmwpza.gif]
My takeaway from this thread is that Vesuvius knows a shit ton about basketball.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
(07-02-2018, 11:32 AM)whiteisright4bbc Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 03:20 AM)vesuvius Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 06:58 PM)whiteisright4bbc Wrote: Glad PG13 didn't go to the Lakers. Westbrook is extremely underrated. Hope Kawhi is shipped off to the Celtics and the Thunder bounce the Lakers in the play-offs.

Not gonna happen. I'll sig-bet you right now that they won't.

I think you're selling OKC a bit short. Their defense was actually pretty good last year even with Melo. They will be even better this year with a year under their belt to figure out how to play together. The real masterstroke would be to have Melo come off the bench as a 6th man. If they can do that, sky's the limit.
Then take the bet.
I say that if the Lakers and Thunder meet in the playoffs, the Lakers win. Loser rocks what the winner wants as a sig for a month.
You're one of the guys I respect, so I won't do anything too bad.
^ I said I hoped the Thunder would beat the Lakers in the playoffs, not that it was going to happen. Once again, it looks like LeBron is stacking the deck in his favor and might receive Cousins/Capela in the off-season as well to go along with Leonard, Rondo, Stephenson, McGee, etc. 

Since 2010, LeBron is a guy who always makes sure he has an incredible amount of help on his teams, so it makes no sense to bet against him (even some of his 2010 and before teams were packed full of elite defensive shooters to perfectly compliment his game, which is why he could go 2-for-18 in field goals with 10 turnovers against the Garnett-Pierce-Allen-Rondo Celtics and still barely lose by 4 points in a 7-game series).
[Image: 7p10mnlqnzhmwpza.gif]
Demarcus Cousins signed with the Warriors.

Warriors about to just go straight no vaseline mode on the rest of the league
[Image: 31288248488_b40db8d781_o.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes iramaj's post:
  • kt466
Magic has to either trade for Kawhi now and sign Capela or Dwight (yeah, I know, risky as fuck but you need those rebounds) or the Warriors will simply annihilate them.
(07-02-2018, 06:02 PM)whiteisright4bbc Wrote: ^ I said I hoped the Thunder would beat the Lakers in the playoffs, not that it was going to happen.

Yeah, but you also said I was selling OKC short. I don't believe their ceiling is very high.

Anyway, onto another topic. My guess is Magic will either get Kawhi this year or the next and next year he'll make a play for Anthony Davis when all these 1-year deals come off the books.
(07-02-2018, 07:31 PM)iramaj Wrote: Demarcus Cousins signed with the Warriors.  

Warriors about to just go straight no vaseline mode on the rest of the league

Vegas Odds agree! 
Warriors -125 (up from -110)

Celtics +350
Lakers +400
Rockets +600
76ers +1400
Thunder +6000
Raptors +6000
Jazz +8000
Spurs +8000
Trail Blazers +10000