NBA Free agency
Rockets below Lakers and Celtics? Vegas is on meth.
[Image: DGaaBwz.gif]
Rockets below the Lakers is just straight stupid, I agree. Below the Celtic I am not going to argue with that, truthfully I would place them even with each other. Remember the Celtics were one game away from the finals with their best player sitting on the bench. They get back Kyrie(in a contract year) and Hayward next year plus they have all that experience with the young guys. They should just take the 82 game season to get the chemistry right and Brad Stevens has proven that he is an excellent coach that knows how to manage his team. They should breeze through the east this year as philly is really their only real competition. The rockets on the other hand will have to contend with the warriors and the teams below them are not gonna be easy either forget the lakers, they are better than teams like the twolves, blazers, and thunder but at the same time those teams are not just gonna lay down.
(07-03-2018, 07:51 AM)blkknight1 Wrote: Rockets below the Lakers is just straight stupid, I agree.  Below the Celtic I am not going to argue with that, truthfully I would place them even with each other. Remember the Celtics were one game away from the finals with their best player sitting on the bench.

Against an utterly atrocious team, in a conference so awful you have to wonder if they should start seeding the playoffs regardless of conference.

Seriously, watching the Cavs play this year was painful. No defense, weak rebounding, an offense where guys stand around romantically looking at LeBron hoping he passes it to them rather than making plays themselves. Yet they still made the finals. That is pathetic.

I have to wonder how many championships the West is gonna win in a row.

2011, every Eastern finals team has featured LeBron.
The Cousins signing ruins the NBA. It isn't good for the competition but also bad for the players.
Players shouldn't be playing under their value. You can take a few millions less, but he's a max player on a midlevel contract. SMH.
Chasing rings is becoming desperate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Black19magic85's post:
  • Chessmaster
Question for my fellow NBA watchers: Do you think Chris Paul will win a ring as a Rocket?
NO!!
(07-03-2018, 11:25 AM)Black19magic85 Wrote: The Cousins signing ruins the NBA. It isn't good for the competition but also bad for the players.
Players shouldn't be playing under their value. You can take a few millions less, but he's a max player on a midlevel contract. SMH.
Chasing rings is becoming desperate.

Agreed!!  The NBA is gonna have to go hard cap or no cap at all IMHO.  Every Warriors chip since Durant joined is an * IMO.
(07-03-2018, 12:20 PM)bmw999 Wrote: NO!!

Same.
(07-03-2018, 11:50 AM)vesuvius Wrote: Question for my fellow NBA watchers: Do you think Chris Paul will win a ring as a Rocket?

Nope. Not against Golden State as its currently configured and definitely not against Lebron wherever he plays.
I recognize GS is simply doing what they're supposed to do, namely get better during the offseason, but there is no intrigue, no interest, in this upcoming season thanks to their moves. Boogie won't be able to go until Xmas, then he plays into shape in time for the playoffs, which the Dubs sweep through en route to chip number 4. They'll probably win a minimum of 65 regular season games. No one will pose a real threat.