NBA Free agency
^ I don't see why he would want to go to the Lakers after being traded to the Raptors. The Lakers won't have his bird rights and Raptors will be able to pay him a lot more. Not only that, but I don't see why he'd want to play Robin to someone he dominated in the finals already. Who knows? Maybe he goes to the Clippers.
[Image: 7p10mnlqnzhmwpza.gif]
(07-19-2018, 05:42 AM)kt466 Wrote: That trade was interesting.  I am not sure there are any true winners here.  If DeMar can get past the trade, he probably ends up the best with a good coach, fan base and a team with a history of winning.  Kawhi is in a whole different world for at least a year.  Unlike Paul George with the Thunder, I can't see Kawhi resigning in Canada.  He can go to the Lakers next year, but this will be a tough year for him mentally.
DeMar seems like an adult and will do his part for the Spurs.  Regarding Kawhi, the Raptor now have a legit chance to make the finals.  Since this is the last year of his contract, Kawhi has to prove, this year, that he is over his injury.  If Toronto makes the finals, it may be difficult to leave for the Clippers.
I think people underestimate how loyal DeMar was to Toronto. Nobody before him wanted to be there. But he's making 28MM a year and is playing for a great franchise so he will be just fine. I was sad to see him skip out on the NBA for Africa game. I get he's mad at the Toronto GM, but that's unfortunate.

Kawhi has put some pressure on himself for sure. You are right, they could easily make the finals. if not and he doesn't play well, this may have been a pretty bad move for him. I hope he's fully healthy. Guy is Top 3 IMO.
Kawhi needs to show that he's still got it since it's a contract year. It will be tough, though. I'm sure he will be drowning in pussy since they will want him to stay. He will be treated like a king until next year's free agency. Just think of He Got Game, but 100x better. DeMar going from being double taxed to Texas' low taxes and also a top 5 franchise in NBA history from a pretty irrelevant franchise should also tickle his fancy.
Anyone pick up on the rumor that Jimmy Butler is "demanding a trade" but it's really a smokescreen for the fact that he hooked up with Karl-Anthony Towns girlfriend? Apparently KAT won't sign his extension until Jimmy has packed his bags.

The NFL has some drama, but nobody has more Divas than today's NBA! You would have thought Jimmy would have learned his lesson with Dwayne Wade's warning about his wife!
^ Or Paul George fucking Roy Hibbert's wife and those #1 seed Pacers that were taking the Big 3 Heat to 7 game series' imploding.
[-] The following 1 user Likes whiteisright4bbc's post:
  • kt466
(09-21-2018, 09:32 PM)whiteisright4bbc Wrote: ^ Or Paul George fucking Roy Hibbert's wife and those #1 seed Pacers that were taking the Big 3 Heat to 7 game series' imploding.

So many women out there for NBA players.  Why do you have to tag your teammates girl?!  Not to mention Delonte West tapping into Lebron’s mom.