Football / Soccer - Games / Transfer
I've seen a lot of football fans in the thread about the World Cup. We'll need another thread to talk about the upcoming season, games and transfer.

Which teams do you root for?

I watch a lot of football in European leagues have different teams that I root for.
The Netherlands - Feyenoord.
Spain - Real Madrid.
England - Arsenal.
Germany - Dortmund.
Italy - AC Milan

The big rumor that's dominating the football world is that Cristiano Ronaldo is leaving Real Madrid for Juventus.
Do you think that he'll actually leave? Who will replace him at Real Madrid?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Black19magic85's post:
  • Coltrane88
(07-05-2018, 06:22 PM)Black19magic85 Wrote: The big rumor that's dominating the football world is that Cristiano Ronaldo is leaving Real Madrid for Juventus.
Do you think that he'll actually leave? Who will replace him at Real Madrid?

Neymar
[Image: giphy.gif]
sig: Lexi Belle & JonJon (Elegant Angel)
A Ronaldo sale is definitely a precursor for a Neymar or Mbappe buy. I'm not sure if Juventus is the team to pull it off because I'm not sure they can meet his wage demands. A lot of Ronaldo's annoyance is that Messi and Neymar are on higher wages. That, and Real Madrid's refusal to foot his tax bill.

My 2018/19 top 3 predictions for the top leagues:

EPL: MCI, LIV, MAN (or TOT to get Mourinho out)
La Liga: BAR, MAD, AMD
Bundesliga: BAY, DOR, B04
Serie A: JUV, ROM, NAP

Clubs that I appreciate/follow/support: Manchester United, Barcelona, Juventus, Dortmund
Other teams with styles of play that I endorse: Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Napoli (Sarri)
(07-05-2018, 08:56 PM)Coltrane88 Wrote: A Ronaldo sale is definitely a precursor for a Neymar or Mbappe buy. I'm not sure if Juventus is the team to pull it off because I'm not sure they can meet his wage demands. A lot of Ronaldo's annoyance is that Messi and Neymar are on higher wages. That, and Real Madrid's refusal to foot his tax bill.

My 2018/19 top 3 predictions for the top leagues:

EPL: MCI, LIV, MAN (or TOT to get Mourinho out)
La Liga: BAR, MAD, AMD
Bundesliga: BAY, DOR, B04
Serie A: JUV, ROM, NAP

Clubs that I appreciate/follow/support: Manchester United, Barcelona, Juventus, Dortmund
Other teams with styles of play that I endorse: Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Napoli (Sarri)

They're saying that they'll use a Fiat/Ferrari sponsorship to fill the gap. I understand that he wants to make as much as Neymar and Messi, but he's on a downward trend. He isn't involved as much in the play anymore and is more a poacher now. Real shouldn't keep accepting his yearly wage rise demands. I don't think that football team should be playing a player's tax bill. He should've settled a long time ago like all the other players.

I would prefer Mbappe over Neymar. I wanted Mbappe to go to Real last year. He can be a mix of Ronaldo and Benzema (when he burst onto the scene).

I love watch Sarri's Napoli. I'm curious what he'll do with Chelsea.
Tottenham supporter here, think we will finish 3rd/4th this new season, but Man City winning EPL title again with their mad spending.

Cristiano Ronaldo looks he has lost it, from watching the world cup, his age has caught up with him, other team has figured him out and know how to stop him. lack of pace to go past players similar to Messi who had a total poor world cup who playing in the wrong system. Neymar now has a bad reputation for his diving from this world cup, just make me laugh each time it see it.
EPL - Man Utd
Seria A - Juve
La Liga - Barca
Bundusliga - Bayern
League 1 - PSG
Ronaldo done to Juventus. Who's next? Neymar or Mbappe to Madrid? Playing in Ligue 1 is a waste. I'd like Pogba to go to Barca even though I support United. Mourinho just ruins talents.
Ronaldo's transfer will have a domino effect on the transfer market. There are rumors that Higuain will leave Juve.
Morata will go somewhere. Real need to buy attackers. I hope that they'll get Mbappe and Real will be set for 12 years.

Mourinho is amazing with defensive talents, but you're right that he ruins offensive talents. He limits Pogba's abilities.
He turned John Obi Mikel, a promising number 10, into a bland defensive midfielder.