Football / Soccer - Games / Transfer
Mourinho's tactics and man management are of another time. Manufactured ploys to embarrass players in front of cameras hoping it gets some kind of reaction from the players. Throwing his players under the bus after bad results ("We don't have the technical ability to play from the back" or "I knew we were in trouble when it got to Jones and Bailly"). He's always separating himself from the performances and the club in order to preserve his legacy.

The modern game is high-pressing, fast passing, high intensity attacking football. Trying to win games 1-0 doesn't work like it did in the mid 2000s. He just can't evolve.
[-] The following 4 users Like Coltrane88's post:
  • deznuts2000, lbrown047, Black19magic85, Masterpiece93
^^^
Bingo! These tactics which aided him at Porto, Chelsea and to a degree at Inter & Real have been exposed for a while now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes deznuts2000's post:
  • Masterpiece93
Looks like it's about that time for Mourinho's 3rd season curse.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lbrown047's post:
  • Masterpiece93
club ateltico boca juniors SEMIFINALIST OF THE CUP LIBERTADORES DE AMERICA
[-] The following 1 user Likes juampiks's post:
  • Masterpiece93
(10-04-2018, 01:42 AM)Coltrane88 Wrote: Mourinho's tactics and man management are of another time. Manufactured ploys to embarrass players in front of cameras hoping it gets some kind of reaction from the players. Throwing his players under the bus after bad results ("We don't have the technical ability to play from the back" or "I knew we were in trouble when it got to Jones and Bailly"). He's always separating himself from the performances and the club in order to preserve his legacy.

The modern game is high-pressing, fast passing, high intensity attacking football. Trying to win games 1-0 doesn't work like it did in the mid 2000s. He just can't evolve.

Even Simeone is evolving the playstyle of Atletico Madrid. You have to have a superior defense and defensive midfielder to grind out but his defenders are bad.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Black19magic85's post:
  • Masterpiece93
We're only two hours away from the Chelsea vs United clash.
My money's on Chelsea, they'll probably win by a two goals margin, and probably finally cause the sacking of big mouth Mourinho!
As a MUN supporter, my wish is that this managerial tenure end ASAP. It won't solve the underlying problems with the horrific ownership and management structure within the club but even an interim manager would inject some positive energy and confidence into the players by letting them play and enjoy their football. A loss here and then again to Juventus would make it almost impossible to stick with JM but Ed Woodward is such a clown that he may want to avoid paying a huge buyout that will make him 0 for 3 on manager hires post SAF.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Coltrane88's post:
  • Masterpiece93