Football / Soccer - Games / Transfer
(11-01-2018, 10:45 AM)Black19magic85 Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 10:58 PM)OmniEnforcer Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 11:22 AM)Black19magic85 Wrote: I've seen a lot of football fans in the thread about the World Cup. We'll need another thread to talk about the upcoming season, games and transfer.

Which teams do you root for?

I watch a lot of football in European leagues have different teams that I root for.
The Netherlands - Feyenoord.
Spain - Real Madrid.
England - Arsenal.
Germany - Dortmund.
Italy - AC Milan

The big rumor that's dominating the football world is that Cristiano Ronaldo is leaving Real Madrid for Juventus.
Do you think that he'll actually leave? Who will replace him at Real Madrid?

I am an Ajax fan, and am happy to see another fan of the Eredevisie around. Just curious, why Feyenoord?

Growing up in Netherlands, most people are fan of one of the big three, I started watching football when Feyenoord was good in the early 90's. I liked that team and became a fan.

My Parents are from the Netherlands, but I have never lived there for more than a few months. My Dad was a huge Feyenoord fan, so I guess becoming an Ajax fan was a good way to rebel and piss him off.
(10-04-2018, 01:42 AM)Coltrane88 Wrote: Mourinho's tactics and man management are of another time.  Manufactured ploys to embarrass players in front of cameras hoping it gets some kind of reaction from the players.  Throwing his players under the bus after bad results ("We don't have the technical ability to play from the back" or "I knew we were in trouble when it got to Jones and Bailly").  He's always separating himself from the performances and the club in order to preserve his legacy.  

The modern game is high-pressing, fast passing, high intensity attacking football.  Trying to win games 1-0 doesn't work like it did in the mid 2000s.  He just can't evolve.

Could not agree more the sooner hes leaves the better, we look like Champinship team
(11-11-2018, 07:05 AM)pbv401rm Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 01:42 AM)Coltrane88 Wrote: Mourinho's tactics and man management are of another time.  Manufactured ploys to embarrass players in front of cameras hoping it gets some kind of reaction from the players.  Throwing his players under the bus after bad results ("We don't have the technical ability to play from the back" or "I knew we were in trouble when it got to Jones and Bailly").  He's always separating himself from the performances and the club in order to preserve his legacy.  

The modern game is high-pressing, fast passing, high intensity attacking football.  Trying to win games 1-0 doesn't work like it did in the mid 2000s.  He just can't evolve.

Could not agree more the sooner hes leaves the better, we look like Champinship team

A midfield 3 of Fellani, Matic and Herrera vs City's mobile, high tempo attack is a recipe for disaster...wingers tasked with tracking back incessantly...it's the manner in which you lose that often says more...I'd be fine getting tonked trying to emulate what Liverpool did to City last season with technically better players such as Fred, Mata, Pereira (especially w/ Pogba out).  A team of sideways passing trees is not winning you anything in 2018.
(11-11-2018, 10:01 PM)Coltrane88 Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 07:05 AM)pbv401rm Wrote:

A midfield 3 of Fellani, Matic and Herrera vs City's mobile, high tempo attack is a recipe for disaster...wingers tasked with tracking back incessantly...it's the manner in which you lose that often says more...I'd be fine getting tonked trying to emulate what Liverpool did to City last season with technically better players such as Fred, Mata, Pereira (especially w/ Pogba out).  A team of sideways passing trees is not winning you anything in 2018.

....and you were right. Smile