Book recommendations
The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O'Neill
Any of the old Ed McBain 87th Precinct series are always on my list, Stephen R Donaldson if you like fantasy
(07-14-2018, 03:44 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: Stephen King is the Shakespeare of our time. No author in history has had more separate individual works adapted to film and TV. He's written successfully in every genre from Historical, to Horror, to Suspense, to Drama, to Science Fiction. He is prolific, popular, and eclectically skilled.

Because of his horror roots, his impact on literature will not be respected until he is dead.
A true genius indeed.
(07-12-2018, 01:47 PM)Chessmaster Wrote: Thanks, I will. Atkins was a revelation for me. I discovered him only because of him continuing the Spenser series after my all time fave Robert B. Parker passed away. I live for Spenser, with a "s", and Hawk.

I agree on Thrones. GRRM has no desire to finish, so I suppose HBO writers will do it for him, with their bull**** last season of 6-8 eps.

Have you checked out Bosch on Amazon Prime? Good stuff.

I read the first Spenser book. It was good and a fast read. Will check out the rest.

I'm reading the new Atkins book now.

Have you heard of the IQ series by Joe Ide? It's about a young smart black PI in LA. It's pretty good.
(07-31-2018, 01:07 AM)Black19magic85 Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 01:47 PM)Chessmaster Wrote: Thanks, I will.  Atkins was a revelation for me.  I discovered him only because of him continuing the Spenser series after my all time fave Robert B. Parker passed away.  I live for Spenser, with a "s", and Hawk.

I agree on Thrones.  GRRM has no desire to finish, so I suppose HBO writers will do it for him, with their bull**** last season of 6-8 eps.

Have you checked out Bosch on Amazon Prime?  Good stuff.

I read the first Spenser book. It was good and a fast read. Will check out the rest.

I'm reading the new Atkins book now.

Have you heard of the IQ series by Joe Ide? It's about a young smart black PI in LA. It's pretty good.
Yes, the Spenser books are quick readds but so enjoyable.  A lot of the murder/ mystery books that I enjoy get lost in the weeds and end up a 100 pages too long.

The development of the Spenser/Hawk relationship is the thing I enjoy most about the series.  Hawk was my dude when I was younger.  Also, THANKS for the IQ series headsup!!!  As I told you before, I scour the net for mysteries with black protagonists.
The biography of Malcolm X as told by Alex Haley

Soul on ice- Eldridge cleaver

The United-Independent Compensatory Code/System/Concept Textbook: A Compensatory Counter-Racist Code- Neely Fuller

[Image: OfBIR0J.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes zetron's post:
  • Chessmaster
[Image: url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=...4929240247]