DC Television & DC Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread
Something else

This is Helena Bertinelli

http://media.tumblr.com/4302439e2778691 ... qbujox.png

Name sound familiar? It should.

This is how she used to look

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2011 ... ress-7.jpg
[Image: DGaaBwz.gif]
^ Kind of the reverse of what happened to Michael Jackson. Plus, for many, he was a real-life superhero with his 'superhuman' dancing skills.
Mary Anne 4 Ever.
Did you know that Action Comics #1 (which features the debut of Superman) is up for bid on eBay?

Guess what the current bid is at the time of this post?

US $1,650,200.00.

I'm sure that for some of the members and guests here, that's a real bargain so you really should jump on this golden opportunity. :lol:

[Image: Action%2BComics%2B1%2Bcolor%2Bcomp.jpg]
Mary Anne 4 Ever.
People are fucking crazy if they're paying so much for a comic book. It's hilarious seeing Superman killing people though, oh the irony.
Vesuvius, $1,650,200.00 is a steal.

Consider this:

Quote:(Wikipedia)

Action Comics #1 (June 1938) is the first issue of the comic book series Action Comics. It features the first appearance of several comic book heroes—most notably the Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster creation, Superman. For this reason it is widely considered both the beginning of the super-hero genre and the most valuable comic book of all time: as of 2014 it is the only comic to have sold for more than $2 million for a single original copy.

Better hurry and place your bid. Don't let it get away. 8-)
Mary Anne 4 Ever.
Ho-ly shit :lol:

Did you ever see this? The episode is just brilliant.

http://www.animeflavor.com/node/11974
Update.

The current bid for Action Comics #1 is:

US $1,950,100.00

Five more days until the auction closes.

I think it's a safe bet that this comic book is going to sell for over $2 million! Confusedhock:
Mary Anne 4 Ever.
Here's why the Action Comics #1 currently being sold on eBay is so valuable:

[Image: action1promo.jpg]
Quote:(From the eBay auction page linked to previously)

For sale here is the single most valuable comic book to ever be offered for sale, and is likely to be the only time ever offered for sale during many of our lifetimes. There are no second chances. This is a NO RESERVE auction.

This is THE comic book that started it all. This comic features not only the first appearance of Superman, Clark Kent and Lois Lane, but this comic began the entire superhero genre that has followed during the 76 years since. It is referred to as the Holy Grail of comics and this is the finest graded copy to exist with perfect white pages. This is .... the Mona Lisa of comics and stands alone as the most valuable comic book ever printed.

This particular copy is the nicest that has ever been graded, with an ASTONISHING grade of CGC 9.0 ! To date, no copies have been graded higher and only one other copy has received the same grade. It is fair to say though that this copy blows the other 9.0 out of the water. Compared to the other 9.0 that sold for $2.1million several years ago it has significant superior eye appeal, extremely vibrant colors and PERFECT WHITE PAGES. This means after 76 years the aging process has yet to begin. Truly this book is a museum piece. It is one of only two copies of this comic in ANY condition to ever be graded with the distinction of having White pages, the other being a CGC 2.5 !

If you are looking to purchase or invest in comic books this is without exaggeration the single best graded comic book that exists. It is the highest graded copy of the most sought after comic book in the hobby, and has the best possible page quality that can be assigned. If anyone has ever been curious what an Action Comics 1 looked like the day it came off of the newsstand 75 years ago, this is the answer.

This comic is the best of the absolute best and whoever wins this auction will be the envy of the entire hobby for many decades to come.

I proudly present Action Comics #1 CGC 9.0 WHITE Pages.
Please enjoy,
Darren Adams

"The quality and preservation of the Adams Action #1 is astounding," said Paul Litch, CGC primary grader. "The book looks and feels like it just came off the newsstand. It is supple, the colors are deep and rich, and the quality of the white pages is amazing for a comic that is 76 years old." -Paul Litch SR Grader
Mary Anne 4 Ever.
[Image: Man-of-Steel-Killed-Shazam-Movie.jpg]
[Image: rock-black-adam.jpg]

Quote:Dwayne Johnson often teases fans with hints of his ongoing talks with DC Comics to bring one of their characters to life. We are zeroing in on who exactly he will play, but Johnson makes it sound as though even he doesn’t know yet. According to USA Today, Johnson confirmed he will join a DC Comics adaptation but has not decided between hero Shazam and villain Black Adam. Whichever role he takes on, Johnson promised, “I am putting my heart and soul and my bones into this role.”

Warner Bros. was rumored to have tentatively scheduled a Shazam movie for 2016—shortly after the release of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice—so all may be revealed soon enough.

Click the headline if you want to read the full article at Collider.
Mary Anne 4 Ever.
It hit US $2,000,100.00. The bidder y***i (identity hidden) seems very determined to win the auction.
Mary Anne 4 Ever.