Poll: What are your religious leanings?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Atheist
63.16%
12 63.16%
Christian
5.26%
1 5.26%
Non-Christian/other
31.58%
6 31.58%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How Many of You Are Atheist or Non Christian?
many people follow gnostic Christianity these days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes joeman's post:
  • kcjones
Athiest since highschool
[-] The following 1 user Likes anbuis's post:
  • DataNerd
Agnostic ... but tending towards atheist
[-] The following 2 users Like miastone4ever's post:
  • whiteisright4bbc, DataNerd
(08-05-2018, 06:29 PM)miastone4ever Wrote: Agnostic ... but tending towards atheist

same for me...I'm waiting for more data before deciding but that won't come until I pass away so I technically may not get that data
[-] The following 1 user Likes reedh.srq's post:
  • DataNerd
Athiest. Of course this causes me hella problems when I'm back home in Mississippi, but whatever. I can't be bothered. I used to care and try to avoid the topic unless directly asked (even then I'd try to dodge or give a non answer), but as I get into my 30s, I realize how quickly I'm reaching the half way point of my life. Now I pretty much don't give a fuck about any of this shit. Got a problem with me? There's the door. You aint gotta be here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 311 and Whooty's post:
  • DataNerd
secularist
[Image: Muxb1Pg.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glenn Winter's post:
  • DataNerd
Agnostic.

If there's an all powerful God, why can't it stop all murders, rapes, suicides, etc. Does it just sits there saying "oh well, I wish I could do something about it". ?

The truth is, we really don't know who created us and what were its intentions. Our creator could be praying to its own God too.
[Image: hZucSP7B_o.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marko's post:
  • blacksquatchman
(08-16-2018, 09:25 PM)Marko Wrote: Agnostic.

If there's an all powerful God, why can't it stop all murders, rapes, suicides, etc. Does it just sits there saying "oh well, I wish I could do something about it". ?

The truth is, we really don't know who created us and what were its intentions. Our creator could be praying to its own God too.

My father is a scientific Atheist and raised me in that mode. He said something when I was young that has always disturbed me: what if our entire galaxy is just some kid's science project? What to us is billions of years, is just the first 3 days of a one week assignment.

The ending of Men In Black alludes to this idea a bit. The reality is this: we have no idea, and no way to find out.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: 635.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shotgun Styles's post:
  • Marko
(08-16-2018, 09:50 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: My father is a scientific Atheist and raised me in that mode. He said something when I was young that has always disturbed me: what if our entire galaxy is just some kid's science project? What to us is billions of years, is just the first 3 days of a one week assignment.

The ending of Men In Black alludes to this idea a bit. The reality is this: we have no idea, and no way to find out.

true. Hopefully religion won't obstruct our search to someday finding out .
[Image: hZucSP7B_o.jpg]
i'm definitely non-christian. the so-called "christians" are the biggest hypocrites in the world! as a kid, i had to be almost dragged outta the house to get me to go to church. i think all kids have a "bullshit" detector and mine was always going off! i watched, and listened, as "christians" tore each other down DURING service over what someone was wearing, how much money they put in the collection plate, etc. i quickly learned that i didn't want anything to do with THE CHURCH. i do believe in a higher power.. but i do question a lot about this "being" that allows such hate in this world, especially over someone's skin color. in my opinion, most christians are FRAUDS. sorry not sorry..
[-] The following 1 user Likes wildman99's post:
  • blacksquatchman