Poll: What are your religious leanings?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Atheist
56.76%
21 56.76%
Christian
18.92%
7 18.92%
Non-Christian/other
24.32%
9 24.32%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How Many of You Are Atheist or Non Christian?
(01-03-2019, 12:40 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 11:08 AM)kcjones Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 10:09 PM)Marko Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 09:50 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: My father is a scientific Atheist and raised me in that mode. He said something when I was young that has always disturbed me: what if our entire galaxy is just some kid's science project? What to us is billions of years, is just the first 3 days of a one week assignment.

The ending of Men In Black alludes to this idea a bit. The reality is this: we have no idea, and no way to find out.

true. Hopefully religion won't obstruct our search to someday finding out .

This is one of the biggest fallacies.  Religion has done far more to foster science than fight it. A large portion of universities in the US were started by religious organizations.  Hell, Harvard originally was started to train protestant clergy.

There are so many things wrong with this statement that I don't know where to begin. Galileo himself was prosecuted for heresy and convicted. Everything from the Scopes trial to attempts to ban stem cell research, religion (particularly Western Christianity) has steadfastly stood in the way of scientific progress.

You need to spend more time on your history. You could not possibly be more wrong even if you'd said the moon was made of green cheese.

This could actually be a good thread for a debate.
So all you heathenous bastards. Does your lack in faith affect your dating? Chicks are usually cool until I tell them I deny the holy ghost and then it all goes downhill from there.