Blackkklansman
The advertising for this film is VERY misleading. It looks like a comedy, but I should have known better, since it's a Spike Lee Joint.

Way, way, way heavier than it looks. The story is based on a real person, but is heavily embellished. It's a good film, but I feel like Spike tried too hard to make the film about something when it would have been better as an actual comedy.

If you've seen the movie "The Informant!", that would have been a more appropriate tone for this story. Instead, Spike turns it into a referendum on Charlottesville and the Trump Administration. It's not a bad movie but the heavy handed agenda pressing bogs the story down. 

Side note: Corey Hawkins (Dr. Dre from Straight Out Of Compton) does a nice turn as Stokely Carmichael.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
Saw it loved it found it very topical agenda or not the events happened in Virginia were very real. I think the point that was being made is racism is still very much alive and well and it seems more overt now more then ever and less covert since fuck boy took office. Just my two cents.

[Image: OfBIR0J.gif]
Very entertaining and enlightening but couldn't seem to decide whether it was a comedy or drama. So the tone of the film was somewhat muddled.

The dramatic aspects were done extremely well. Cory Hawkins as Stokley Carmichael and Belafonte's speech juxtaposed against "The Birth of a Nation" were standouts.

The comedic aspects, however, seemed to make the police and KKK members (including David Dukes) into caricatures. And the result of that, for me at least, is that the KKK didn't appear to be as dangerous and threatening as I'm sure they were.