Where Are They Now...?
(08-31-2018, 09:37 AM)fletchlives Wrote: Libertarian: I wanna smoke weed but I also want to hate everybody who isn't like me under the guise of "personal property rights".

This silly shit.

Just because some right wing clown calls himself "libertarian" that doesn't make him one.

Write it down and remember where you heard it: there is no such thing as a "Conservative Liberarian".

Libertarians don't do race politics at all. They are free market capitalists who don't believe in economic borders, much less border control. So none of what you said is even remotely true.

Also. The majority of theory you hear espoused by supposed "libertarians" is really just Anarcho-Capitalism.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
(08-31-2018, 02:08 PM)reedh.srq Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 05:59 PM)Malile Wrote: I dont identify with any political party. Im mostly socially Liberal, and Im for gay rights, but Im not with that tranny shit cause its just fucking silly. I also dont give a fuck about the environment. Im also kinda mix on immigration.

Why do you feel that way about trans people? Do you know a trans person in real life? 

I'm genuinely curious and asking this in a non-confrontational way (internet fights are useless)

If you wanna pm me go for it I dont want to clog up this thread anymore
[-] The following 1 user Likes Malile's post:
  • reedh.srq
(09-01-2018, 02:49 AM)Malile Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 02:08 PM)reedh.srq Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 05:59 PM)Malile Wrote: I dont identify with any political party. Im mostly socially Liberal, and Im for gay rights, but Im not with that tranny shit cause its just fucking silly. I also dont give a fuck about the environment. Im also kinda mix on immigration.

Why do you feel that way about trans people? Do you know a trans person in real life? 

I'm genuinely curious and asking this in a non-confrontational way (internet fights are useless)

If you wanna pm me go for it I dont want to clog up this thread anymore

You know good and doggone well that topic policing is not allowed on this board. You ain't clogging up a damn thing, you're just scared to put that shit out there and get challenged on it.

Grow balls and post that shit.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
Man Shotgun, I didnt know you where that interested in my sociol views. Liberals who want to wrap their head around transgenderism, like to us the phrase gender identity. Basically, they'd like to believe gender is a social construct rather than a synonym for sex. Actually transexuals will tell you shit like they where born in the wrong body. Now, I cant speak on that because that has supernatural connotations. I cant argue with faith or religion because it is outside of logic, but the former just tries to make sense out of something illogical. If gender is a social construct, what determines gender. Is it traits that society deems specific based of on sex. Does that mean if you like be pretty or cooking or cry when you see movies that you are a woman. If you like guns or football then that makes you a man right? That definitely means all effeminate gay men are trans right? Except many gay dude dont identify as transexual and Liking sports doesnt make you a dude. Im not going to pretend men and women dont have curtain traits, but I dont believe having those traits changes whats in our pants. I think instead of teaching our son that because he want to paint his nails that hes a girl, we should teach him to define his on masculinity. Plenty of gay men identify with women, they just dont identify as women. Its like Rachel Dolezal. Plenty of white people identify with black folk, they just dont put on light skin black face and pretend to be them. Liberals get in there on way. Instead of advocating to allow people to decide there own gender, they should be trying to get rid of it. And I dont hate trans people, I think they should be protected from violence and to some extend, in the work place. What gets me is shit like changing your birth certificate after you were born. That just seems like too much. Why does the government or even the rest of society have to play a part in the way you identify yourself. Government shit should be based on facts not feelings.
As humans, we like to simplify complicated things, because it makes our decisions and our life easier.

The Sex and gender distinction is a more complicated matter than most people think.
The majority of people belong to the same sex and gender (male or female), but not all.
We now have some scientific evidence for that - admittedly small - fraction of people.
They belong to a third category, the Intersex.

Sex = the biological distinction of an organism between male, female or intersex.
Gender = the distinction between male and female or masculinity and femininity within an individual's gender's identity.
^The Sex and gender distinction is not as complicated as you think. Gender is a synonym for sex. I believe people problem is the warped views on masculinity and femininity. Intex people have abirth defect. The evidence being the vast majority of intersex people are sterile.
The science shows that there are more than 2 genders. Science is always coming up with crazy shit that would freak people out if they could relate to it. This revelation about the world happens to land in an area where people have a huge mental library of anecdotal evidence. "I know what a boy is! I know what a girl looks like!" 

That's why I always ask if someone knows any trans people in real life. Once you see it, you're like oh. Weird. The whole world has amazing diversity. So many animals, so many plants, so much bizarre variation. 

They find freaky fish at the bottom of the ocean  glowing fish  but nobody freaks out about that. It doesn't affect their day to day.

Scientific research shows gender is not just a social construct
Why There Are Only Two Sexes
Three Gender Myths Almost Everyone Believes–But Shouldn’t

If someone has a narrative they can find or create "science" to prove it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Malile's post:
  • Maxis
I have to agree with Malile. I personally see no harm in trans people and follow the live and let live philosophy.
At the back of my mind though I see it as a form of body dismorphia, I.e. a mental disorder where there is the illogical perception that your own appearance is somehow wrong.
Over simplified I know but if an anorexic came to you saying they were fat, you wouldn’t send them for surgery, you would try to treat the mental illness. But with trans (I know they have consultations) they are allowed surgery to correct their sex?
The argumentative person in me wants to scream whenever I hear someone say they were born in the wrong body but the liberal says no harm no foul.
As Malile says getting rid of gender perceptions would be a better way of dealing with this disorlder.
But what do I know I’ve never had to walk a mile in a trans persons stilettos.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shakazulu69's post:
  • Malile
But did you see the glowing fish? lol