OBJ Got Paid Today!
5 years, $95 million/$65 million guaranteed/$19 million a year!

Cha-Ching! $$$$$$

[Image: giphy.gif]
And we couldn't lock up Le'Veon Bell.

For fuck's sake...
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
Giants on paper have stars, but lets see if they can win.
(08-27-2018, 11:08 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: And we couldn't lock up Le'Veon Bell.

For fuck's sake...

I think the problem with the Steelers is that they aren't willing to pay the guaranteed money that top flight talent is asking for today. When they asked for taxpayer funding of Heinz Field, they said it would give them (through PSLs, naming rights, luxury suites) the kind of money that would allow them to offer more competitive contracts, but that never happened. And if Kevin Colbert sticks to the "Steeler Way" of offering contracts, it's only going to get worse as players get more aggressive in negotiations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes btsstuff's post:
  • Shotgun Styles
(08-28-2018, 02:43 PM)btsstuff Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 11:08 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: And we couldn't lock up Le'Veon Bell.

For fuck's sake...

I think the problem with the Steelers is that they aren't willing to pay the guaranteed money that top flight talent is asking for today. When they asked for taxpayer funding of Heinz Field, they said it would give them (through PSLs, naming rights, luxury suites) the kind of money that would allow them to offer more competitive contracts, but that never happened. And if Kevin Colbert sticks to the "Steeler Way" of offering contracts, it's only going to get worse as players get more aggressive in negotiations.

Agree. I was on the organization's side until the deal numbers were published. $10 million guaranteed on a $70 million contact is a fucking insult. I feel bad for hating on Bell for as long as I did. I think we'll be fine with our young guys in the long run (Connor and Samuels look really good), but we had the best RB and the best WR in the entire NFL on our team. Why fuck that up?
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
(08-28-2018, 08:33 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 02:43 PM)btsstuff Wrote:

For fuck's sake...

Agree. I was on the organization's side until the deal numbers were published. $10 million guaranteed on a $70 million contact is a fucking insult. I feel bad for hating on Bell for as long as I did. I think we'll be fine with our young guys in the long run (Connor and Samuels look really good), but we had the best RB and the best WR in the entire NFL on our team. Why fuck that up?

The Steelers are a great organization, but they missed the boat on Bell.  The sad part is that with the Gurley contract, there is no way to walk it back.  They will be a good team, but they are missing their chance to get a Super Bowl with Ben/Brown/Bell.   That's a ridiculous trio to talent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kt466's post:
  • Shotgun Styles
(08-27-2018, 10:12 PM)poohbear Wrote: 5 years, $95 million/$65 million guaranteed/$19 million a year!

Cha-Ching! $$$$$$

Not many guys in the league worth that kind of money. He is definitely one of them!  Giants were smart to lock him down.