Nike sign Colin Kaepernick, folks started to Boycott Nike
Was a good opportunity to buy into Nike stock, it has since corrected itself.
As a professional athlete with a desire to protest and highlight injustice, you have to maximize your impact by using the most effective platform available to you. Kaepernick talking about it pre or post game does little to nothing. It's very hard to see what the 2018 equivalent of sit-ins and freedom rides is. Mass sit-ins at police stations?

This specific problem has metastasized beyond just abhorrent police brutality, to a legal system that hardly ever returns guilty verdicts for police. If Kaepernick wanted to be a disruptor, this was the best course of action. You can't worry about 'interpretation' in a country where people actually believe that the government doesn't provide 'socialized' Medicare.
A Mayor in a small Louisiana Town banned all Nike products, I bet you there will be a boycott of this town, even the New Orlean Saints are fighting back.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/10/us/kenner...index.html
Someone should make a huge donation of Nike gear to the Kenner rec department. I'd love to see the reaction of the mayor.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Photo 
I was listening to a podcast where they talked to a Nike customer service agent about the shit they had to deal with from racists who were pissed about the ad. In order to reward them management (cheap ass mothers) bought them lunch. . . from Papa John's.

[Image: Chi-McBride-Oh-Hell-No.gif]
Nike’s Online Sales Soar After Colin Kaepernick Ad Campaign Launches

https://www.huffingtonpost.c*m/entry/nike-online-sales-soar-in-wake-of-kaepernick-ad-campaign_us_5b92f887e4b0511db3e24df2?guccounter=1
When the campaign debuted Nike stock took a small hit (probably due to random market fluctuations) and conservatives were all over the place saying that showed the campaign was a huge mistake.

The stock is now at a record high.
I think my friend bought 2 pairs of NIKE already.
Good for him. I hope more athletes take a stand like this guy did to highlight injustice in America like this