NFL Discussion Thread
(11 hours ago)RedRocket Wrote:
(Yesterday, 09:47 AM)kt466 Wrote: After watching Goff last night, Jeff Fisher should be forced to move to a different country and coach grade school field hockey.

Fisher is trash, my friend Jevon Kearse has nothing nice to say about the man. A horrible coach who had an extended career in the league. Under his tutelage Goff was at the literal bottom of the QB barrel.

Fisher is garbage. Kearse, McNair and George would all have made the Hall Of Fame with Andy Reid or a similar coach.

Fisher is tied for most losses all time. If you saw Rams "Hard Knocks" you can see why.

Back to the game: Mahomes is 23 years old. TWENTY THREE.

Fuck.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shotgun Styles's post:
  • RedRocket
(11 hours ago)Shotgun Styles Wrote:
(11 hours ago)RedRocket Wrote:
(Yesterday, 09:47 AM)kt466 Wrote: After watching Goff last night, Jeff Fisher should be forced to move to a different country and coach grade school field hockey.

Fisher is trash, my friend Jevon Kearse has nothing nice to say about the man. A horrible coach who had an extended career in the league. Under his tutelage Goff was at the literal bottom of the QB barrel.

Fisher is garbage. Kearse, McNair and George would all have made the Hall Of Fame with Andy Reid or a similar coach.

Fisher is tied for most losses all time. If you saw Rams "Hard Knocks" you can see why.

Back to the game: Mahomes is 23 years old. TWENTY THREE.

Fuck.
Let us hope he doesn't end up like RG3 or Luck.
[Image: DGaaBwz.gif]
Friends -

The other thing that I took away from last night.  I heard it a month ago, I knew it and said it a week ago.  As soon as you could see this Chiefs - Rams collision course coming, I knew the NFL wanted this game out of Mexico City.  And last night the NFL was vindicated.

I do not believe that this thing would have blown up the way it has, before, during, and after the game, if it had been played in Mexico City.  Even if the game on the field had been the same.  It's taken on a whole 'nother life.  The entire country is drunk with this this morning.  I also think it was important to the NFL that it be in Los Angeles even though they did not manipulate schedule for that.  They just got lucky.  With the way the Rams honored the people dealing with the fires and the people dealing with the mass shootings a couple of weeks ago, and other ancillary aspects, this turned out to be a bigger WIN that I don't think could have happened otherwise.  The NFL won, Los Angeles won, the Rams won, ESPN won, pretty much everybody involved won in a way they wouldn't have if the game had not been played there.

BSD
My dad went to Manuel Arts high school and grew up within sight of the Coliseum. It was a great night in LA, I'm sure.

LA is near and dear to my heart, and I've been working my way back down there for years. Though I wanted Mahomes to win for obvious reasons, I'm not at all mad that the Rams got this for their fan base.
White Girl Connoisseur
  • RedRocket
(9 hours ago)Shotgun Styles Wrote: My dad went to Manuel Arts high school and grew up within sight of the Coliseum. It was a great night in LA, I'm sure.

LA is near and dear to my heart, and I've been working my way back down there for years. Though I wanted Mahomes to win for obvious reasons, I'm not at all mad that the Rams got this for their fan base.

You've been saying this shit for years, it's time to actually do it.
[Image: DGaaBwz.gif]
(9 hours ago)Shotgun Styles Wrote: My dad went to Manuel Arts high school and grew up within sight of the Coliseum. It was a great night in LA, I'm sure.

Considering the fire and all the damage and casualties I think they (residents of Cal) needed this to distract them from the tragedy taking place. I'm happy for the people of Cali, conversely I believe had this game been played in KC or even a neutral site the Chiefs win.
[Image: SPORTS-FBN-LIONS-VIKINGS-11-MS_52153414.jpg]
(9 hours ago)vesuvius Wrote:

I am. Every day I take steps towards my goals. My entire life is centered around forward motion. Most people have dreams. I have goals. I never believed in all that shit about growing up and settling down. Getting some comfy cubicle gig. I'm a brass ring type of nigga and that will never change.

(8 hours ago)RedRocket Wrote:

Considering the fire and all the damage and casualties I think they (residents of Cal) needed this to distract them from the tragedy taking place. I'm happy for the people of Cali, conversely I believe had this game been played in KC or even a neutral site the Chiefs win.

Possibly. Again, The Mahomes is 23. He's going to make some mistakes as a result. That entire team is young, and if they can finesse the cap, should be together for awhile. If these two teams end up in the Super Bowl? It's anyone's game. DYING to see what Mahomes/Brees would look like.
White Girl Connoisseur
  • RedRocket
(7 hours ago)Shotgun Styles Wrote:
(9 hours ago)vesuvius Wrote:

I am. Every day I take steps towards my goals. My entire life is centered around forward motion. Most people have dreams. I have goals. I never believed in all that shit about growing up and settling down. Getting some comfy cubicle gig. I'm a brass ring type of nigga and that will never change.

(8 hours ago)RedRocket Wrote:

Possibly. Again, The Mahomes is 23. He's going to make some mistakes as a result. That entire team is young, and if they can finesse the cap, should be together for awhile. If these two teams end up in the Super Bowl? It's anyone's game. DYING to see what Mahomes/Brees would look like.

Brees is a motherfucker, Saints are playing lights out this year. Rams vs Saints for the NFC title would be a great game.
^^^^^^^
REDROCKET -

That would be a rematch. Rams and Saints just played two weeks ago. Saints won 45-35.

BSD
(2 hours ago)BSD Wrote: ^^^^^^^
REDROCKET -

That would be a rematch.  Rams and Saints just played two weeks ago.  Saints won 45-35.

BSD

They are the best two teams in the conference, they could play 5 times and the scores would be different each game with a different winner from one game to the next. The homefield team will win 4 out of 5 times between them, each have a defense that can cause problems and a potent offense good enough to blow up a scoreboard. I wouldn't even be slightly surprised if they are playing for the conference championship in a few weeks.