Mad Bomber Caught- Let the Racism Begin
I've had the news on in the background and it is amazing how many Trump supporters have been so quick to dismiss this guy as one of their own and do deep dives into all kinds of mental gymnastics to say this guy was really someone from the left. Facts laid out in front of them plain as day and they reject them because it doesn't reconcile with the narrative in their heads.

I really do not see how this country short of an a literal alien invasion will ever unify again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes crocious's post:
  • btsstuff
(10-26-2018, 09:48 PM)crocious Wrote: I've had the news on in the background and it is amazing how many Trump supporters have been so quick to dismiss this guy as one of their own and do deep dives into all kinds of mental gymnastics to say this guy was really someone from the left. Facts laid out in front of them plain as day and they reject them because it doesn't reconcile with the narrative in their heads.

I really do not see how this country short of an a literal alien invasion will ever unify again.

I don't know if we were ever really that unified.

But.

Compared to the 80s and 90s when there was real bipartisanship, we're fucked now.

The media is too invested in division. And social media is just gasoline on that fire. If you can't fix those things, and in a country with the 1st Amendment I don't see how you can, then this will get far worse before it gets better. If  it gets better.
White Girl Connoisseur

[-] The following 1 user Likes Shotgun Styles's post:
  • Ipay4
I don't give a fuck if the guy is a Martian! HE'S A FUCKING LUNATIC! ALL TRUMPANZEES ARE LUNATICS!
(10-26-2018, 10:48 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: I don't know if we were ever really that unified.

But.

Compared to the 80s and 90s when there was real bipartisanship, we're fucked now.

The media is too invested in division. And social media is just gasoline on that fire. If you can't fix those things, and in a country with the 1st Amendment I don't see how you can, then this will get far worse before it gets better. If  it gets better.

You are correct, but at some point it seemed like we were making progress, now it is like we reached the apex and are now in free fall down the other side. It is one thing to have different opinions about how to run a government or address a problem, but it is near impossible to do that when people can no longer even agree on provable facts.

Obama's speeches in Milwaukee and Detroit today were interesting. He seems much more aggressive than he has been willing to be in the past. I'm not sure if he was driven by the attempt on his life or just that he is sick of seeing what Trump is doing to the country. Until he mentioned it, I had totally forgotten about the whole Ebola scare that the republicans used to drive up the fear meter and the media played right into that one the same way they did with the caravan.

One would think that at some point the republican base would finally learn not to let their leaders keep using fear to get them to regularly vote against their own interests.
(10-27-2018, 02:12 AM)crocious Wrote: You are correct, but at some point it seemed like we were making progress, now it is like we reached the apex and are now in free fall down the other side. It is one thing to have different opinions about how to run a government or address a problem, but it is near impossible to do that when people can no longer even agree on provable facts.

This is the natural culmination for a party when you've run out of ideas but do whatever it takes to cling to power via culture wars and voter suppression. They stopped proposing serious policy prescriptions a long time ago. The fact that they've managed to win congressional majorities when they don't actually believe in government doing really anything at all except serving to pass tax cuts and deregulation legislation, is an indictment on all levels of American democracy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Coltrane88's post:
  • Ipay4
All political parties use fear to push their agendas,and 99.9 % of the political leadership are narcissistic. Dodgy
Obama's speeches signal a sort of desperation to save the Democrat party this election cycle.i don't think there will be a blue wave,maybe a blue ripple if they can take the house by a few seats.but it's possible the Republicans can hold the house also.it will depend on Republican turnout on election day
(10-27-2018, 09:48 AM)danhill544 Wrote: the Democrat party

Oh, that's right. You one of them niggas.

The parties are not comparable. The racist, xenophobic, homophobic thrust of the Republican party has no equivalence in the Democratic party. Yes, there is a lot of PC noise. But there's also quite a bit of push back within the party against it. Your whole team bent the knee for Trump. Like straight up bitches, they grabbed their ankles on the White House lawn. The only cat in the whole party who consistently stood up to him died in office.

I'm not a fan of the Democrats. But there is no comparison to the Republican party. This is not the party of Ronald Reagan, it's the party of David Duke.
White Girl Connoisseur

[-] The following 1 user Likes Shotgun Styles's post:
  • Ipay4
(10-27-2018, 11:58 AM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:
(10-27-2018, 09:48 AM)danhill544 Wrote: the Democrat party

Oh, that's right. You one of them niggas.

The parties are not comparable. The racist, xenophobic, homophobic thrust of the Republican party has no equivalence in the Democratic party. Yes, there is a lot of PC noise. But there's also quite a bit of push back within the party against it. Your whole team bent the knee for Trump. Like straight up bitches, they grabbed their ankles on the White House lawn. The only cat in the whole party who consistently stood up to him died in office.

I'm not a fan of the Democrats. But there is no comparison to the Republican party. This is not the party of Ronald Reagan, it's the party of David Duke.

This is one of the major fails by the media, they constantly say both sides in an attempt to sound fair when it is not even close. As you said the left is out of control with the PC police and I would also add hand out fever, but there are no leaders in the party running around inciting "lock 'em up" chants with no due process. There are no leaders on the left telling the crowds they will pick up their legals bills for assaulting a protester.

Trump supporters have no transitioned to the "what about" phase of their argument by throwing out the congressional shooter who was a Bernie supporter as a comparison. It is not even close. Unlike Trump Bernie never encouraged violence or called people enemies. After the shooting Bernie came out and unequivocally denounced the act, Trump on the other hand has been talking out of both sides of his mouth regarding the bomber and his biggest regret is that it has distracted from coverage of the caravan.

Also as you pointed out the Republican party has bent over for Trump despite him blatantly violating multiple norms, laws and security risks. Had Obama done anywhere near what Trump has been doing they would have started impeachment proceedings a long time ago. While I would not expect them to impeach Trump one would think they would at least censure the man or put some laws in place to limit the damage that he can do.

And as for the issues, Republicans are all about trickle down and protecting the rich. trickle down has been proven time and time not to work. Kansas is the latest example of how badly that concept fails.

The Democrats are not perfect and I could never join them, but they are light years ahead of Republicans in terms of what they stand for. Although I do have a major gripe with them about getting in bed with some pay day loan providers.
[-] The following 2 users Like crocious's post:
  • Shotgun Styles, Ipay4
The Democrat party has become a joke,full of politically correct minions led by old multi millionaires who got most of their money while holding office.they dont give a fuck about this country,their soul purpose is to hold power and to push their view of what the world should be on the public.as for the republicans many of them are bought off by special interests and corporations.trump was really a third party candidate that hijacked the republican party.he was a great big fuck you or a giant middle finger sent by 60 million Americans at the establishment plutocrats tired of shit from both sides.do I think Trump is a rascist.no,not really.does he say politically incorrect shit that gets him into trouble with people just waiting to get their feelings hurt.yep,all the time.and the press is laughing all the way to the bank on the devisivness.