Mad Bomber Caught- Let the Racism Begin
(10-27-2018, 11:58 AM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:
(10-27-2018, 09:48 AM)danhill544 Wrote: the Democrat party

Oh, that's right. You one of them niggas.

The parties are not comparable. The racist, xenophobic, homophobic thrust of the Republican party has no equivalence in the Democratic party. Yes, there is a lot of PC noise. But there's also quite a bit of push back within the party against it. Your whole team bent the knee for Trump. Like straight up bitches, they grabbed their ankles on the White House lawn. The only cat in the whole party who consistently stood up to him died in office.

I'm not a fan of the Democrats. But there is no comparison to the Republican party. This is not the party of Ronald Reagan, it's the party of David Duke.

Fuck, i didn't believe you wrote that, who Hijacked your account?
(10-26-2018, 06:50 PM)crocious Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 02:47 PM)btsstuff Wrote: Apparently he's Filipino/Italian, he just claims to be Native American. The Tribes are running away from him as fast as they can.

I got not problem with black conservatives, but black Trumpists, like the kids in his announcement today are the worst.

Speaking of black Trump supporters, I just saw in the news that there was a group of them in the white house today chanting "Lock her up", "build the wall", etc. while Trump whined about not getting positive media coverage. Apparently it was supposed to be some kind of young black leader summit. On top of that it was in the East room which is usually reserved for serious occasions.

Nothing like getting a few clips of Uncle Tom's on camera in MAGA hats acting the fool.

For some reason they hardly have any pictures, I suspect they are all staffers.
(10-26-2018, 09:48 PM)crocious Wrote: I've had the news on in the background and it is amazing how many Trump supporters have been so quick to dismiss this guy as one of their own and do deep dives into all kinds of mental gymnastics to say this guy was really someone from the left. Facts laid out in front of them plain as day and they reject them because it doesn't reconcile with the narrative in their heads.

I really do not see how this country short of an a literal alien invasion will ever unify again.

When was this country ever unified? The media tried to make it look that way, but I cannot ever remember such a time.
(10-27-2018, 02:12 AM)crocious Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 10:48 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: I don't know if we were ever really that unified.

But.

Compared to the 80s and 90s when there was real bipartisanship, we're fucked now.

The media is too invested in division. And social media is just gasoline on that fire. If you can't fix those things, and in a country with the 1st Amendment I don't see how you can, then this will get far worse before it gets better. If  it gets better.

You are correct, but at some point it seemed like we were making progress, now it is like we reached the apex and are now in free fall down the other side. It is one thing to have different opinions about how to run a government or address a problem, but it is near impossible to do that when people can no longer even agree on provable facts.

Obama's speeches in Milwaukee and Detroit today were interesting. He seems much more aggressive than he has been willing to be in the past. I'm not sure if he was driven by the attempt on his life or just that he is sick of seeing what Trump is doing to the country. Until he mentioned it, I had totally forgotten about the whole Ebola scare that the republicans used to drive up the fear meter and the media played right into that one the same way they did with the caravan.

One would think that at some point the republican base would finally learn not to let their leaders keep using fear to get them to regularly vote against their own interests.

You misunderstand the nature of Trump voters, these were the guys who use to live out in the woods complaining about blacks all day. Prior to Trump, politicians openly disavowed these guys but gave them the wink and the nod.  Trump is saying the opposite, white racist in the woods, come on out. They view their sole interest as having one up on blacks.  Any advancement for blacks or any other non-white brown group is in their view a setback for whites.  Hence, in their mind, Trump is better because he'll keep the blacks down.
(10-28-2018, 09:56 AM)Ipay4 Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 10:48 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: I don't know if we were ever really that unified.

But.

Compared to the 80s and 90s when there was real bipartisanship, we're fucked now.

The media is too invested in division. And social media is just gasoline on that fire. If you can't fix those things, and in a country with the 1st Amendment I don't see how you can, then this will get far worse before it gets better. If  it gets better.

You are correct, but at some point it seemed like we were making progress, now it is like we reached the apex and are now in free fall down the other side. It is one thing to have different opinions about how to run a government or address a problem, but it is near impossible to do that when people can no longer even agree on provable facts.

Obama's speeches in Milwaukee and Detroit today were interesting. He seems much more aggressive than he has been willing to be in the past. I'm not sure if he was driven by the attempt on his life or just that he is sick of seeing what Trump is doing to the country. Until he mentioned it, I had totally forgotten about the whole Ebola scare that the republicans used to drive up the fear meter and the media played right into that one the same way they did with the caravan.

One would think that at some point the republican base would finally learn not to let their leaders keep using fear to get them to regularly vote against their own interests.

You misunderstand the nature of Trump voters, these were the guys who use to live out in the woods complaining about blacks all day. Prior to Trump, politicians openly disavowed these guys but gave them the wink and the nod.  Trump is saying the opposite, white racist in the woods, come on out. They view their sole interest as having one up on blacks.  Any advancement for blacks or any other non-white brown group is in their view a setback for whites.  Hence, in their mind, Trump is better because he'll keep the blacks down.

That's a very simple evaluation of 60 million Trump voters
(10-28-2018, 09:35 AM)danhill544 Wrote: The Democrat party has become a joke,full of politically correct minions led by old multi millionaires who got most of their money while holding office.they dont give a fuck about this country,their soul purpose is to hold power and to push their view of what the world should be on the public.as for the republicans many of them are bought off by special interests and corporations.trump was really a third party candidate that hijacked the republican party.he was a great big fuck you or a giant middle finger sent by 60 million Americans at the establishment plutocrats tired of shit from both sides.do I think Trump is a rascist.no,not really.does he say politically incorrect shit that gets him into trouble with people just waiting to get their feelings hurt.yep,all the time.and the press is laughing all the way to the bank on the devisivness.

I agree with the first half of the comment, which is why many believed only Bernie could beat Trump and establishment Hilary would lose. But to think Trump is not a racist is delusional.  This is a guy who was sued and settled, then broke the settlement with the justice department for denying blacks housing, said he didn't want black accountants, claimed Mexicans can't be judges because they'd be bias because they are Mexican descent, claimed Mexicans are bringing rape, crime and drugs (ignoring that most rape, crime and drugs are done and brought in by whites), says he believes in innocent until proven guilty except when the accused were 5 black kids known as the central park 5 who he said after dna evidence proved them innocent that they should still go to jail, he said laziness is a trait of blacks, pushed a conspiracy theory that Obama was not born in America and lied about having proof that he wasn't born in Hawaii (which is all ridiculous because even if Obama was not born in America like Ted Cruz or John Mccain he'd still be a natural born US citizen because his mother is an American).  He pardoned Jo Arpaio convicted for being a racist, played the race card against NFL protesters while claiming he believed in the first amendment, the nazi marchers in the south he claimed there were good people on both sides after the white supremacist murdered a woman.  If Trump is not racist, no one can be categorized as a racist.
We need to draw a distinction here between "Trump Voters" and "Trump Supporters"

Because they are not the same thing. A WHOLE LOT of people held their nose to vote for Trump because...

a) They hated Hillary.

or

b) They voted party line.

So let's not get the people who are having buyers remorse confused with the whack jobs at his rallies. Provided that the Democratic Party can field a candidate that's not as poisionous as Hillary Clinton (i.e. someone like Elizabeth Warren) there is no chance these people vote for Trump again.
White Girl Connoisseur

(10-28-2018, 11:02 AM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: We need to draw a distinction here between "Trump Voters" and "Trump Supporters"

Because they are not the same thing. A WHOLE LOT of people held their nose to vote for Trump because...

a) They hated Hillary.

or

So let's not get the people who are having buyers remorse confused with the whack jobs at his rallies. Provided that the Democratic Party can field a candidate that's not as poisionous as Hillary Clinton (i.e. someone like Elizabeth Warren) there is no chance these people vote for Trump again.
Actually it is even more complex than that.

When I asked one of my friends who he voted for he just said republican as he did not want to say he voted for Trump. However when I spoke to him over the next few months he pretty much has all of the same "out to destroy us" and "we need to protect ourselves" views on immigration, was quick to throw the FBI agents who were having an affair and criticized Trump under the bus and that Hillary should have gone to jail for the e-mail server. So while he may say that he loathes the Trump, his political views are not that far off.

Another one of my friends who is solidly conservative wrote in another candidate because he could not vote for Trump or Hillary. It was actually refreshing to talk to a conservative who also stood by their moral principals and refused to contribute to putting a man as amoral as Trump in the White House.

Sadly many of my other friends who voted for him did so happily and were still big supporters of him the last time I spoke with them. No buyer's remorse whatsoever. I'm having a hard time reconciling the ones who actively support him because I've known them for most of my life and while I can appreciate them advocating for conservative principals, it is just disappointing to see how they can get behind a lowlife like Trump. I thought they were better people than that and I'm still struggling about what to do with those friendships.

Pretty much every one else I know voted against Trump so I don't know anyone in the buyer's remorse camp.
(10-28-2018, 10:01 AM)danhill544 Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 09:56 AM)Ipay4 Wrote:

But.

That's a very simple evaluation of 60 million Trump voters
Simple evaluation for a simple minded people.  The simplest explanation is often the most correct.
(10-28-2018, 11:02 AM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: We need to draw a distinction here between "Trump Voters" and "Trump Supporters"

a) They hated Hillary.

or

Do you really think Warren is as bad as Hilary and why?