Kevin Hart steps down as Oscars host after outcry over old homophobic tweets
https://www.yahoo.com/news/responding-ho...02169.html

Quote:Just two days after being named host of the Academy Awards, Kevin Hart stepped down following an outcry over past homophobic tweets by the comedian. Capping a swift and dramatic fallout, Hart wrote on Twitter just after midnight Friday that he was withdrawing as Oscars host because he didn't want to be a distraction. "I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past," wrote Hart. Hart stepped aside just about an hour after refusing to apologize for tweets that resurfaced after he was announced as Oscars host on Tuesday. In a video on Instagram, Hart said the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences gave him an ultimatum: apologize or "we're going to have to move on and find another host." "I chose to pass on the apology," Hart said. "The reason why I passed is because I've addressed this several times."

Hart has since deleted some of the anti-gay tweets, mostly dated from 2009-2011. But they had already been screen-captured and been shared online. In 2011, he wrote in a since-deleted tweet: "Yo if my son comes home & try's 2 play with my daughters doll house I'm going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice 'stop that's gay." In an earlier post Thursday, Hart wrote on Instagram that critics should "stop being negative" about his earlier anti-gay remarks. "I'm almost 40 years old. If you don't believe that people change, grow, evolve? I don't know what to tell you," said Hart, who added, in all-caps: "I love everybody." Hart's attitudes about homosexuality were also a well-known part of his stand-up act. In the 2010 special "Seriously Funny," he said "one of my biggest fears is my son growing up and being gay." "Keep in mind, I'm not homophobic, I have nothing against gay people, do what you want to do, but me, being a heterosexual male, if I can prevent my son from being gay, I will," Hart said. GLAAD, the advocacy group for LGBTQ rights, said Thursday that it reached out to Oscars broadcaster ABC, the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences and Hart's management to "discuss Kevin's anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and record."
the whole thing was STUPID. the dude had already apologized for those tweets in the past. annoying trolls online decided to bring all this up again to ruin his hosting gig. the moment they made the announcement that he was going to host the academy awards and he posted that the gig has always been a "dream" job for him. you could SEE how happy he was about being asked to host. i KNEW that people were going to found a way to RUIN his moment. some evil motherfuckers saw that instagram video and immediately started plotting to destroy his happiness. i was hoping that i was just being pessimistic and that i was wrong.. but not even two days later, they bring up these old ass tweets that he already apologized for YEARS ago.. basically, what the LGBTQ community wanted is for him to continuously BEG and GROVEL at their feet, apologizing over and over again. kevin wasn't having it and basically said "fuck it". i am proud of him for doing that. GLAAD should have better things to do towards "gay" rights than target kevin hart over something that they KNOW he already apologized for. but in this era of "fake outrage", any loser troll can pull up your past tweets and make it into a media frenzy. good for you, kevin, for standing your ground. you still apologized later on anyway but that's ok. as long as you told the academy to FUCK OFF for giving you an ultimatum, it's all good. nobody watches that boring ass awards show anyway.
First of all, I wanna make the point of saying that it's ridiculous that Kevin Hart was put through this. The only thing is that not everyone has heard his previous apologies, and apologizing for the Academy Awards would be his way of finally apologizing for the last time.

That said, the LGBTQ community is fucking annoying sometimes. They continue to find ways to screw over people that have CLEARLY adapted to the new rules, and like Kevin pointed out, the same energy that went into finding the homophobic tweets could've went into finding his prior apologies. We live in an era where people pull up old comments that don't represent a person today, for the sole purpose of tearing that person down and it's pathetic. There's this blind hysteria where people who aren't real threats are made an example of, but the ones actually causing problems aren't pursued with the same frenzy. Some of these people probably don't even vote
the only reason people watch the oscars is too see all the celebs interact with each other, literally doing the most stupid shit possible. nobody really gives a fuck about what movies won or who hosts the fucking oscars. and this shit is so fucking long. jesus. even without the commercials this shit is too long. and they seem to be adding more and controversies nowadays. This Best Popular Film category is such a fucking joke.
What do you all think of Nick Cannon's response to the way Kevin Hart was treated?  Nick retweeted old homopohobic tweets from Chelsea Handler, Sarah Silverman, and Amy Schummer.  I love it, although some gay dudes have come out trying to cape for these white chicks.
(12-13-2018, 05:55 AM)kcjones Wrote: What do you all think of Nick Cannon's response to the way Kevin Hart was treated?  Nick retweeted old homopohobic tweets from Chelsea Handler, Sarah Silverman, and Amy Schummer.  I love it, although some gay dudes have come out trying to cape for these white chicks.

He is absolutely right about Hollywood's hypocrisy, but they are white women, and like the Jews are the only projected groups in Hollywood it seems.