Black QBs taking over the playoffs...
This is an amazing stat. Even though Black QBs represent a paltry 22% of NFL starters (compared to 70% of players overall), they will lead 41% of playoff teams.

Of the 7 Black starters, only 2 will stay home: Jameis Winston and Cam Newton who is injured. Fully HALF of the AFC's playoff contingent is headed by Black QBs. It is a banner year for Black quarterbacks in the post season, and this could well be the first Super Bowl to feature 2 Black QBs going head to head.

I don't care who wins at this point, so long as it's not NE or Dallas.
White Girl Connoisseur

[-] The following 1 user Likes Shotgun Styles's post:
  • poohbear
[Image: giphy-downsized.gif?cid=549b592d5a77fc6d...6d49748813]
And it happens the same year we get wiped out on head coaches.

What are the odds?
White Girl Connoisseur

(01-01-2019, 04:55 AM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: And it happens the same year we get wiped out on head coaches.

What are the odds?

I'd say 100%. NFL franchise holders think they're slavemasters. They can't let too many Blacks shine, otherwise it undermines their whole worldview.
All those coaches deserved it, arguable about Steve Wilks though. He had no chance there, next hire won't either.

Marvin Lewis hung around 16 years and never won a playoff game.
(01-02-2019, 12:30 PM)shot_in_tha_dark Wrote: All those coaches deserved it, arguable about Steve Wilks though. He had no chance there, next hire won't either.

Marvin Lewis hung around 16 years and never won a playoff game.

I disagree.

Bowles had no players. You can't win without players. Given a couple more years to build his defense and develop a promising rookie QB, maybe he could have done something. But with that roster Paul Brown himself would have lost.

Marvin hit a wall a couple of years ago. But. With one of the CHEAPEST organizations in all of sports, you can't deny what he did with that team. Over a 12 year span in the late 90s and early 2000s, the Bengals were the losingest team in all of pro sports. WORSE THAN THE FUCKING EXPOS.  That's the team Marvin took over. And he turned them into a regular playoff contender. That was pretty amazing. But he couldn't get the team to that next level, and that's too bad. I'm also to understand that he's one of the lower paid coaches in the NFL, so the Bungles were getting him for cheap.

I think both these guys will get another shot. Maybe not this year, but eventually. Hue Jackson will never be a head coach again. I just don't know about Vance and Wilks because I haven't followed those teams.
White Girl Connoisseur

Jim Caldwell is a coach who will get another shot soon. He did a nice job in Detroit. 

Marvin had his team rolling until Pittsburgh destroyed Carson Palmer's knee. 

Funny enough about Cincy. They had the playoff win all lined up until the disfunction of Pacman and Burfict fucked those chances. But he's the GM too. He brought those guys in and kept them.
(01-02-2019, 08:34 PM)shot_in_tha_dark Wrote: Jim Caldwell is a coach who will get another shot soon. He did a nice job in Detroit. 

Marvin had his team rolling until Pittsburgh destroyed Carson Palmer's knee. 

Funny enough about Cincy. They had the playoff win all lined up until the disfunction of Pacman and Burfict fucked those chances. But he's the GM too. He brought those guys in and kept them.

I'm already having to eat my words. Cincy is considering Hue as their next head coach.

I hate to say this, but I'm starting to feel bad for the Bungles.
White Girl Connoisseur

After just going 3-36-1 over the last three years I think Hue is just a Rooney Rule interview for them.
[Image: 33315423708_8f42136c99_o.gif]
The Bengals are also interviewing Vance Joseph, who is definitely one of the coaches who deserved to get fired (though Elway deserves much of the blame for the Broncos first back to back losing seasons in 46 years).

I'm a Bronco fan and I was excited for Vance when he was hired. But he was a bad coach. His crunch time decision making cost the Broncos at least two games this year, and you could argue more.