IR-Tube.net changes you would like for 2019...
(01-04-2019, 11:18 PM)Malile Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 12:47 PM)blacksquatchman Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 10:39 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 10:35 PM)Malile Wrote: I think all updates, whether website or dvd, should go in the release thread. That thread should have a strict no comment policy, and any other thread is fair game. I also think onlyfan or fancentro or what ever should have its on thread or be included in the webcam thread.

(01-02-2019, 09:30 PM)edb135 Wrote: What if you just had users report posts in one of the 3 update threads as a non announcement, and persons reported as such were not allowed to post for a while?  Mods would have a queue they went through that users like myself reported.  Obviously anyone stupid enough to report a valid announcement in a thread as a non-announcement would get instantly banned, but my belief is that doing this will both clean up the forum and make life as easy as possible for the mods.

This system doesn't work that way, and I'm not a programmer. I had to learn CSS on the fly just to get this site up, and I've forgotten most of it already.

So that's not feasible. You can flag posts, but someone still has to go in there and deal with those posts/discussions and hash them out. That takes time and my staff all have full time jobs.

Again, this is going to come down to you convincing the Mod staff to do this work. If they agree to it, I'll support it. I'm not going to demand this of them. So until you get them on board the status quo will remain.

He's right, guys. 

As a moderator, I can 100% vouch that trying to police threads is time consuming. Personally, I have received more hours on my job and I just got a new relationship which explain why I haven't been on the forum as much I have in the past.

I think Shotgun is doing an excellent job with the site and as of this posting, I can't think of any changes that need to be made.

How about you guys just make it a rule, then if someone violates it you get to it when you can, or not at all. And other posters can be like 'hey faggot dont post comments in this thread'. Kinda in a self manage sort of way. Just put out an alert on the change and let us commoner commenters sort thing out ourselves.

Two reasons.

1) The one you just made obvious. It will devolve into a shitstorm. Many bans would follow.

2) Philosophically, I don't agree with topic policing which is why I outlawed it in the first place. But, in order to be responsive to the members needs. I'm willing to make an exception if someone else is willing to enforce it. Nobody seems to want that job, and since I'm sure as hell not about to do it, the status quo will prevail.
White Girl Connoisseur

I appreciate that people value their time and priorities but it's readily apparent that most, if not all suggested improvements to streamline/unclutter threads will never materialize because guess what?...No moderator or admin wants to do it, which begs the question why are there any 'moderators' to begin with? What moderating is being done? Seeing a moderator telling a poster to not obsess about duplicate update posts emanating from said moderator is slightly ironic.

Start a new IR Website Update and Upcoming IR Releases "2019-" thread, lock the other ones. Restrict posting privileges in those threads to users with a certain number of Likes/Rep or moderate and remove Senior Membership for violations.
[-] The following 2 users Like Coltrane88's post:
  • ligiby, mrhamburger1
(01-05-2019, 03:31 AM)Coltrane88 Wrote: I appreciate that people value their time and priorities but it's readily apparent that most, if not all suggested improvements to streamline/unclutter threads will never materialize because guess what?...No moderator or admin wants to do it, which begs the question why are there any 'moderators' to begin with?  What moderating is being done?  Seeing a moderator telling a poster to not obsess about duplicate update posts emanating from said moderator is slightly ironic.

Start a new IR Website Update and Upcoming IR Releases "2019-" thread, lock the other ones.  Restrict posting privileges in those threads to users with a certain number of Likes/Rep or moderate and remove Senior Membership for violations.

Agreed - the site is not very active and it should be straightforward to moderate a few threads with at most a couple of posts over a 24 hour period.
no problem with moderation so far.
The only suggest will be non to quote images (at least not on the same page)
Sometimes is frustrating scroll down an entire page because a couple of user quote a post with an image and the response is the quote of hte quote with the images and so on.
Thinking of that could be apply for all the quotes. I suppose that a single quote is enough, see the quote of the quote that you are ansering is no unsefull.

But that's not a big deal, in the end
So basically what I'm getting is that a lot of people don't want ANY commentary at all when posting in the "IR Website Update" thread? 

I generally prefer the convenience of it not being so strict, but admittedly it HAS been a little harder to follow the updates from time to time lately, so I see the cause for concern. I think if someone has a valid and relevant concern or question pertaining to a scene or actress in the scene, it should be fine, as long as it doesn't derail. It'll take some adjustment, but I feel I'd be able to quote something in one thread and bring it to some sort of "IR website (update) discussion" thread eventually.

I'm against really harsh punishments though. It's not a comparable punishment to revoke senior membership, maybe a one day ban after two or three strikes, and longer bans if they keep doing it within a certain time frame. I feel it's really easy to slip up and go "wait, is this that one scene that never came out, or did she change her name," within the sea of other discussion threads. Maybe threads with strict rules should have a red or orange color or something.
  Huh
The new site is very good, and well moderated in my view. My only minor complaint - as a lurker for many years who posts very little - is that it is hard to get the likes/reputation. I really miss not having access to the vault :-(
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pawnejit's post:
  • mrhamburger1
Only change (I personally like) would lower the characters count in the search option.  Example (posted a while back):

"How do you search on this site  HOSS's  DOA scenes thread ?     I use to just type in the search DOA brings up a thread but now needing 4 characters it seems impossible".

http://ir-tube.net/showthread.php?tid=116743

Thank you.
(01-05-2019, 03:31 AM)Coltrane88 Wrote: I appreciate that people value their time and priorities but it's readily apparent that most, if not all suggested improvements to streamline/unclutter threads will never materialize because guess what?...No moderator or admin wants to do it, which begs the question why are there any 'moderators' to begin with?  What moderating is being done?  Seeing a moderator telling a poster to not obsess about duplicate update posts emanating from said moderator is slightly ironic.

Start a new IR Website Update and Upcoming IR Releases "2019-" thread, lock the other ones.  Restrict posting privileges in those threads to users with a certain number of Likes/Rep or moderate and remove Senior Membership for violations.

Spops beat me to the larger moderation question, but I will address the Jeff/Iramaj thing here. Jeff was grandstanding and should have handled that through PM. There was no need to "call out" Iramaj publicly, but Jeff was feeling really feeling himself that day. Having said that, Iramaj is a mod and he really should be checking the previous posts before posting new updates. Jeff was technically right, but he handled it poorly.

(01-05-2019, 06:45 AM)Spops53190 Wrote: So basically what I'm getting is that a lot of people don't want ANY commentary at all when posting in the "IR Website Update" thread? 

I generally prefer the convenience of it not being so strict, but admittedly it HAS been a little harder to follow the updates from time to time lately, so I see the cause for concern. I think if someone has a valid and relevant concern or question pertaining to a scene or actress in the scene, it should be fine, as long as it doesn't derail. It'll take some adjustment, but I feel I'd be able to quote something in one thread and bring it to some sort of "IR website (update) discussion" thread eventually.

I'm against really harsh punishments though. It's not a comparable punishment to revoke senior membership, maybe a one day ban after two or three strikes, and longer bans if they keep doing it within a certain time frame. I feel it's really easy to slip up and go "wait, is this that one scene that never came out, or did she change her name," within the sea of other discussion threads. Maybe threads with strict rules should have a red or orange color or something.
  Huh

I'm not punishing anyone for wandering off topic because it would be hypocritical. Nobody on this entire board has hijacked more threads than Yours Truly. So without a consequence regime in place, it's going to be whack-a-mole trying to keep threads policed. Which is time consuming, and nobody wants to do it.

As to Coltrane's point about no moderating being done, he needs to go check the Golden Key thread and the Ban thread. Quite a bit is being done to improve the level of play in our  arena. You don't see the 5 page pissing contests of insults anymore. You don't see people  going from one thread to another trolling (stalking) people anymore. The quality of the conversation has gone way up as a result.

(01-05-2019, 09:28 AM)leimmortal Wrote: Only change (I personally like) would lower the characters count in the search option.  Example (posted a while back):

"How do you search on this site  HOSS's  DOA scenes thread ?     I use to just type in the search DOA brings up a thread but now needing 4 characters it seems impossible".

http://ir-tube.net/showthread.php?tid=116743

Thank you.

I'm with you. That number is hard wired into the code. I tried to do some 3 letter searches and had the same problem. But, for reasons I don't understand, it can't be set any lower. Somebody out there may have some custom code to defeat that safety mechanism, but I don't have time to chase it down right now.

Remind me this summer. Send me a PM in June and I'll look into it.
White Girl Connoisseur

[-] The following 2 users Like Shotgun Styles's post:
  • Spops53190, leimmortal
(01-05-2019, 03:31 AM)Coltrane88 Wrote: Seeing a moderator telling a poster to not obsess about duplicate update posts emanating from said moderator is slightly ironic.

As I had said in that post, I skimmed the last couple of pages and didn't see it which is why I posted it. I'm not walking around with the eyes of Heimdall here lol. IMO Jeff seemed to take me posting it up as me trying to steal his thunder or some shit which is the reason I said its not that big a deal. Do I think that's something to feel personally slighted about, No.
[Image: 31701569007_d5094bdd90_o.gif]
Also it would be great if it could be made more apparent as to what the criterion for Senior Member status is?

I thought it was 100 posts and I hope I am bumped up as this is my 100th post - plus been signed up for nearly 10 years Smile Smile

I was just browsing a thread and I noticed a Senior Member with 18 posts so asking - otherwise I would have come cap in hand to moderators prior Smile