Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO worth $137 billion, to divorce wife of 25 years
(01-10-2019, 01:16 PM)btsstuff Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 10:14 PM)RickTheDick Wrote: This is a developing drama.

The National Enquirer had been following Bezos and his love interest, Lauren Sanchez, for four months.  And they're about to publish steamy photos:

https://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebri...exclusive/

And the plot thickens:  Bezos owns the Washington Post, no friend of Trump.  The National Enquirer's CEO is David Pecker, a friend of Trump.  The Enquirer published hit pieces on Trump's opponents during the campaign, and bought off stories from the women who slept with Trump.  So possibly a political dimension to all of this.

trump got his own problems   coming  way worse than side pussy

Someone from the press asked Trump about Bezos' divorce as he was getting ready to head south and Trump's answer sure sounded like his friend had given him a heads up on what they had.
(01-12-2019, 02:56 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 11:09 AM)evakiby Wrote: I bet that someone who has managed to surpass Bill Gates in total fortune has already a plan about getting a divorce and not giving half of his fortune away

The problem with this is that he wasn't rich when he married her. He was just some guy working at a hedge fund. Good money, but not billionaire money.

And there is no escaping community property. It is specifically designed by feminists to wreck rich people.

He's fucked. But, 67 billion is still a lot of money.

You are completely right, but I just thought that someone that managed to make a fortune from scratch (although he hasn't completely poor when he started as his parents invested on him approx 1 million dollars) would have a plan B to escape from such a marriage unless he is so in love with this latin that he is willing to give away 67 Billion.
I am 1000% with you regarding to the feminist scheme about marriages !!
I don't think he left his wife for this new broad. I think the marriage collapsed and this Sanchez chick is just where he landed.
White Girl Connoisseur

Bet you has a pre nup with the new woman.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I'd not worry, guys that rich can buy the judge who will hear their case, he will settle for a small amount compared to his overall wealth. The guys who get divorced raped tend to be middle class, even in the low millions, but billionaires are safe.
(01-29-2019, 02:11 AM)Ipay4 Wrote: I'd not worry, guys that rich can buy the judge who will hear their case, he will settle for a small amount compared to his overall wealth. The guys who get divorced raped tend to be middle class, even in the low millions, but billionaires are safe.

Washington is a community property state. She's entitled to half.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes btsstuff's post:
  • Shotgun Styles
By law she is entitled to half. She may not have signed a prenup, but like Elon Musk did to his first wife, Bezos could have had her sign an agreement limiting her share of his fortune, as a prerequisite to Amazon going public/IPO. Even if that didn't happen, and they actually had an amicable split, she may not want to causes issues for Amazon.com, while still walking away a multi-billionaire. If she walks away with the house, and $6 billion dollars, Bezos looks like a pimp, and she doesn't have to change her lifestyle in any way.

Lets put this in perspective: To spend $6 Billion dollars, one would have to spend $547K every day for 30 years. This doesn't take into account the capitol gains she would make investing that fortune, which at 5% a year would be greater than $547K/day even after the 20% capital gains tax. Besides revenge, she doesn't gain anything by asking for more money.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kcjones's post:
  • Ipay4
(01-29-2019, 08:17 AM)btsstuff Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 02:11 AM)Ipay4 Wrote: I'd not worry, guys that rich can buy the judge who will hear their case, he will settle for a small amount compared to his overall wealth.  The guys who get divorced raped tend to be middle class, even in the low millions, but billionaires are safe.

Yep. Those pesky facts have a habit of ruining perfectly good bullshit.
White Girl Connoisseur

(01-29-2019, 08:17 AM)btsstuff Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 02:11 AM)Ipay4 Wrote: I'd not worry, guys that rich can buy the judge who will hear their case, he will settle for a small amount compared to his overall wealth.  The guys who get divorced raped tend to be middle class, even in the low millions, but billionaires are safe.

The laws just don't apply to rich dudes in the same way, they are meant for scrubs, his rich lawyers will pull all kinds of rabbits out of all kinds of hats, she will know this and will take less than half, be rich for ever, and he will keep the vast majority of his wealth.
Rich dudes like that get good crooked lawyers who walk into the chief justices room put a suitcase full of money on the table and tell him, not ask, tell him which judge to appoint to the case, who give them the decisions they want, in America, even justice is for sale if you are rich enough.
(01-29-2019, 08:45 AM)kcjones Wrote: By law she is entitled to half.  She may not have signed a prenup, but like Elon Musk did to his first wife, Bezos could have had her sign an agreement limiting her share of his fortune, as a prerequisite to Amazon going public/IPO.  Even if that didn't happen, and they actually had an amicable split, she may not want to causes issues for Amazon.com, while still walking away a multi-billionaire.  If she walks away with the house, and $6 billion dollars, Bezos looks like a pimp, and she doesn't have to change her lifestyle in any way.  

Lets put this in perspective: To spend $6 Billion dollars, one would have to spend $547K every day for 30 years.  This doesn't take into account the capitol gains she would make investing that fortune, which at 5% a year would be greater than $547K/day even after the 20% capital gains tax.  Besides revenge, she doesn't gain anything by asking for more money.

Splitting the company's shares will have zero effect on it's solvency. It's like adding another name to your car registration. The car still runs just fine.
White Girl Connoisseur