Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO worth $137 billion, to divorce wife of 25 years
(01-30-2019, 12:59 PM)kcjones Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 11:50 AM)btsstuff Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 08:45 AM)kcjones Wrote: By law she is entitled to half.  She may not have signed a prenup, but like Elon Musk did to his first wife, Bezos could have had her sign an agreement limiting her share of his fortune, as a prerequisite to Amazon going public/IPO.  Even if that didn't happen, and they actually had an amicable split, she may not want to causes issues for Amazon.com, while still walking away a multi-billionaire.  If she walks away with the house, and $6 billion dollars, Bezos looks like a pimp, and she doesn't have to change her lifestyle in any way.  

Lets put this in perspective: To spend $6 Billion dollars, one would have to spend $547K every day for 30 years.  This doesn't take into account the capitol gains she would make investing that fortune, which at 5% a year would be greater than $547K/day even after the 20% capital gains tax.  Besides revenge, she doesn't gain anything by asking for more money.

Pass on tens of billions of dollars that is owed to her? Why would she do that?

You are about to take part in a 300:1 reverse gangbang.  Does it matter than it could have been 1000:1, when you know good and well you aren't going to make it through 300 women?   What can you buy with $32 Billion that you can't with $6 Billion?

You should read this again: Lets put this in perspective: To spend $6 Billion dollars, one would have to spend $547K every day for 30 years. This doesn't take into account the capitol gains she would make investing that fortune, which at 5% a year would be greater than $547K/day even after the 20% capital gains tax.

I don't understand your gangbang analogy because it's not 300 to one, she has equal status in this situation.

Once again, I ask would you personally pass on tens of billions of dollars that you are legally entitled to?
[Image: giphy.gif]
If taking a settlement for a lesser amount means I can move on with my life quicker? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!! At some point, the money reaches critical mass, where it generates more wealth than you can spend. But what you can't generate is time. So why waste it fighting over money that has no real world relevance to you?
I think the National Enquirer is going to regret fucking with the richest man on the planet.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like btsstuff's post:
  • Chessmaster, poohbear