Poll: Who's Hotter?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hero Of the People Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
65.38%
17 65.38%
Rancid House Negro Bed Wench Kamala Harris
34.62%
9 34.62%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Kamala Harris is a House Negro of the Highest Order (Poll Reset)
(03-03-2019, 05:23 AM)Theo Younf Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 12:08 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 04:14 AM)shecumsloudly Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 08:19 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: Reparations are bullshit.

Come at me, bro.

I want to know your reasoning.

Affirmative Action.

While this series of programs made great strides for us in the 70s and 80s, today any good it does is massively outweighed by the damage it does as a political weapon against us. It has become the rallying cry of the "I'm not racist, but..." brand of Plausible Deniability Racist that populates to current political Right wing. Any time any issues of racial discrimination comes up, Affirmative Action is right there to give cover to bigots "well, they system discriminates against whites". Which is factually true, if not pragmatically cogent given the preexisting imbalances.

If Affirmative Action is a knife used to cut  us, Reparations would be a machine gun. You might as well  just give Tucker Carlson and Ben Shapiro baseball bats and turn them loose in a Black day care center to brain the little ones for the amount of damage they will be able to do with a tool like this. Reparations are a TERRIBLE FUCKING IDEA.

What we should be pushing for are fundamental changes to our infrastructure and tax systems. This is where the inequality of opportunity comes from. Shitty schools, shitty health care, shitty community services for young mothers and neglected children. And a tax code written so that the rich pay the minimum and the middle class are killed on tax day. This not only starves our government coffers for cash (because the rich as a group are more wealthy than the entire middle class) it also creates a schism by which the middle class are turned against the poor. Conservatives have convinced middle class whites that it's not rich people cheating, but poor people mooching that's killing them on tax day.

That is the battle ground. Taxes and infrastructure. You start picking and choosing races to give reparations to and you're asking for more racial conflict. But if you fix the underlying problems that cause inequality for everyone, then the rising tide lifts all boats.

Ipay, J Mac, Wildman, Theo. SHUT THE FUCK UP, DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST WITH YOUR CRAZY BULLSHIT. This is a serious discussion.
You sound just like Bernie, tone-deaf.
It may be tough to hear, but I am not sure it is tone deaf to live in reality.  Instead of looking backwards, it seems to me that SS is looking forward.  Let's ignore the logistics of who gets what and the impact of what happens when not every gets what they think is their fare share.  To move forward, you have to change things at the institutional level- taxes and infrastructure are the best place to start- and they can get a lot of support from the rest of the country because it impacts them too.   Education is the single most successful clear path to success in this country.  Taxation especially under the new tax law allows the super rich to protect their position of power and influence.   Everybody focuses on race and while we are being distracted, the game that is being played is about power and influence.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kt466's post:
  • Shotgun Styles
AOC for the win!

Come at me, bro.

Affirmative Action.

While this series of programs made great strides for us in the 70s and 80s, today any good it does is massively outweighed by the damage it does as a political weapon against us. It has become the rallying cry of the "I'm not racist, but..." brand of Plausible Deniability Racist that populates to current political Right wing. Any time any issues of racial discrimination comes up, Affirmative Action is right there to give cover to bigots "well, they system discriminates against whites". Which is factually true, if not pragmatically cogent given the preexisting imbalances.

If Affirmative Action is a knife used to cut  us, Reparations would be a machine gun. You might as well  just give Tucker Carlson and Ben Shapiro baseball bats and turn them loose in a Black day care center to brain the little ones for the amount of damage they will be able to do with a tool like this. Reparations are a TERRIBLE FUCKING IDEA.

What we should be pushing for are fundamental changes to our infrastructure and tax systems. This is where the inequality of opportunity comes from. Shitty schools, shitty health care, shitty community services for young mothers and neglected children. And a tax code written so that the rich pay the minimum and the middle class are killed on tax day. This not only starves our government coffers for cash (because the rich as a group are more wealthy than the entire middle class) it also creates a schism by which the middle class are turned against the poor. Conservatives have convinced middle class whites that it's not rich people cheating, but poor people mooching that's killing them on tax day.

That is the battle ground. Taxes and infrastructure. You start picking and choosing races to give reparations to and you're asking for more racial conflict. But if you fix the underlying problems that cause inequality for everyone, then the rising tide lifts all boats.

Ipay, J Mac, Wildman, Theo. SHUT THE FUCK UP, DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST WITH YOUR CRAZY BULLSHIT. This is a serious discussion.
The fact you post Affirmative Action a program that was designed to disproportionately help white women and non-black people of color as the reason against reparations, is exactly why reparations are needed.  The same white people who tell you they oppose affirmative actions are the ones like Liz warren pretending to be 1/100th Indian getting all the benefits from them.  Replace affirmative action with reparations for blacks, as less than 5% of it goes to blacks anyways.  The fact that right wing haters attack affirmative action as a "black thing" shows they are out of touch with facts because over 75% of affirmative action goes to white women anyways, so there is no point in caring what someone who doesn't accept facts are.

"Columbia University law professor Kimberlé Crenshaw explained in her 2006 essay “Framing Affirmative Action” why depicting a black person as the poster child for affirmative action is flawed. “The primary beneficiaries of affirmative action have been Euro-American women,” she wrote"
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/affi...3fbb33e1bb

I'm pretty sure that racist were denying they were racist before 1970s.

How is tax reform going to help a people who the majority don't even want to hire?  Tax reform will help the average white house holds with 150k in wealth, not the blacks in boston with $8 in wealth. The best way to fix a problem is to fix a problem directly.  If blacks have a racial wealth gap, give blacks wealth to close the gap.

Blacks built America and were never paid, America owes us, we have the right to exercise our group political power to deny the vote to any politician who opposes reparations for us and punish them.

If a rising tide lifted all boats, then the black family net worth would not be projected to fall to zero by 2050 while white family networth is expected to experience the largest wealth transfers in human history and increase drastically.  

If you really oppose reparations and think it is bullshit, that is fine shotgun, I believe in freedom of thought and expression, you can show your opposition to the terrible policy of reparations by mailing your check back in the mail when it comes, somehow, I don't think you will do that  Dodgy
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ipay4's post:
  • Theo Younf
(03-03-2019, 06:53 AM)kt466 Wrote:

Come at me, bro.

Affirmative Action.

It may be tough to hear, but I am not sure it is tone deaf to live in reality.  Instead of looking backwards, it seems to me that SS is looking forward.  Let's ignore the logistics of who gets what and the impact of what happens when not every gets what they think is their fare share.  To move forward, you have to change things at the institutional level- taxes and infrastructure are the best place to start- and they can get a lot of support from the rest of the country because it impacts them too.   Education is the single most successful clear path to success in this country.  Taxation especially under the new tax law allows the super rich to protect their position of power and influence.   Everybody focuses on race and while we are being distracted, the game that is being played is about power and influence.
I don't think that is reality.  Here we have a guy called Sanders, saying he opposess reparations for African Americans while voting in the last 5 years for reparations for holocaust era jews and native Indians for every year he has been in the senate and congress. This is the party who floated reparations for illegal immigrant hondurans crossing the border over family separations.

African Americans are the largest voting block still outnumbering latino voters by 4 million and concentrated in several swing states dems need in order to win (midwest and mid atlantic).

I agree taxes and infrastructure can form part of it, blacks need to be made tax free like the indians and need to be given free land like the indians, and any land any black can identify as historically black lands where blacks were either enslaved, use to live on or were sold off should now be purchased by the federal government and handed over to blacks just like they do for the white indians.

The biggest institutional change we can make is overturning the racial wealth gap and give african americans a check to close that tomorrow.

Education is important, so we need to allow african americans to attend any school they want without paying tuition and the federal government must pick up the bill as they did through the land grant colleges for whites.  The government needs to make up for lost ground and close all the socio-economic indicators of discomfort for african Americans, by giving whatever is necessary to do it fast as possible, free healthcare, free land, cutting checks, free education, tax exempt status and business grants to any african american who applies, not loans, grants up to $500k for any african american who so applies.
(03-03-2019, 06:53 AM)kt466 Wrote:

Come at me, bro.

Affirmative Action.

Every ADOS should get tax relief/exemptions, that's a fucking start!

Don't want to hear anything about the ''logistics'' of paying reparations bullshit excuss!

Do we question why a Jewish Holocaust Musem is stated funded on American soil? (Where's the National Slavery Museum at??)

Do we question the U.S. governments willingness to spend trillions on dropping drones of children in Yemen?

The U.S. government is indebted to ADOS for centuries of mispayments and bounced checks. 

Tell me, why is it too much to ask? It's the least America can do.

Here are two very poignant things very few questions surrounding the reparations/ADOS issue:

1) American Descendants Of Slaves have indeed been wronged for centuries and a massive cost 

2) that the U.S. government CAN afford to pay reparations, monetary or otherwise to the American Decentdents Of Slaves
Vaginas are for making babies and love. Buttholes are for making sex...
[Image: charity-crawford-julesjordan-interracial-sex-scene.gif]
The fact that she's married to a white man is all i ever needed to know about her, no bedwench will ever get my vote.
i say gahdamn

[Image: 292181t.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes HNIC's post:
  • blacksquatchman
Theo and Ipay you were both specifically told not to spam this thread with your bullshit.

1 week ban for you both.
White Girl Connoisseur

[-] The following 1 user Likes Shotgun Styles's post:
  • blacksquatchman
The moment the checks hit the mail, a racist backlash unlike we have seen in modern times would be unleashed by all resentful middle and poor whites. "We never owned no slaves!" would be the mildest outcry.

Additionally, blacks' concerns about education, policing, housing, incarceration, jobs etc. would be dismissed with "Y'all got paid, stop whining".

And to even try to quantify the pain and suffering my ancestors suffered from being stolen from their families, taken across the hell of the middle passage, raped, beat and in some cases even killed, with a dollar amount seems absurd and even disrespectful.

And can you imagine how embarrassing when the headlines hit about Jordan and weave sales breaking records? Or worse yet, when a few years later all the money is gone for most blacks, and they are in the exact same position they are in now, because we fought for a pay off instead of a system that would promote financial literacy and opportunity for generationally impoverished communities.

This would be a Pandoras Box that our nation is not built to even begin to contend with.
[-] The following 3 users Like marvy's post:
  • Shotgun Styles, kt466, kcjones
(03-05-2019, 08:21 AM)marvy Wrote: The moment the checks hit the mail, a racist backlash unlike we have seen in modern times would be unleashed by all resentful middle and poor whites. "We never owned no slaves!" would be the mildest outcry.

Additionally, blacks' concerns about education, policing, housing, incarceration, jobs etc. would be dismissed with "Y'all got paid, stop whining".

And to even try to quantify the pain and suffering my ancestors suffered from being stolen from their families, taken across the hell of the middle passage, raped, beat and in some cases even killed, with a dollar amount seems absurd and even disrespectful.

And can you imagine how embarrassing when the headlines hit about Jordan and weave sales breaking records? Or worse yet, when a few years later all the money is gone for most blacks, and they are in the exact same position they are in now, because we fought for a pay off instead of a system that would promote financial literacy and opportunity for generationally impoverished communities.

This would be a Pandoras Box that our nation is not built to even begin to contend with.

This. Exactly this. Plus rep for you.
White Girl Connoisseur

(01-31-2019, 01:54 PM)Theo Younf Wrote: Those bitches have no edges! 

So it's a no from me.

(03-05-2019, 01:41 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: This. Exactly this. Plus rep for you.

Can we add Tulsi Gabbard to this conversation?:

[Image: EF7qDhr.jpg]