Spring times coming, what you doing to shed that winter weight?
I started out doing 40 push ups every morning.....most mornings....some morning.    I should probably be doing more but lack motivation.
Ugh. You had to post this right after I just smashed a double quarter pounder with swiss and bacon, large fries, and half a package of Oreos.

Not a good night. Not a good night at all.

Anyways, yes Tox, exercise is important. But I've been at this weight loss game a long time and I can tell you that diet is far far more important. If you want to be lean, you have to minimize carbs and ELIMINATE sugar. And you have to it consistently over several months. If you're a junk food junkie like me, that can seem like the impossible. But if you can stick to complex carbs (brown rice, oatmeal, etc) and consume zero sugar/corn syrup for just 2 week you'll see a dramatic decrease in your appetite because your insulin will no longer spike.
White Girl Connoisseur

[-] The following 1 user Likes Shotgun Styles's post:
  • brucehhh
Funny this topic came up, I just had a meeting with my doctor a couple of days ago and she said in no uncertain terms if I don't start exercising and stop drinking and eating like a teenager (I'm 40) I'm not going to live to see 50. So I guess it's time to pull my bike out of storage and to delete my UberEats account.
I recommend intermittent fasting (obviously try to eat healthy but it's technically not necessary to see results).  Eat all your meals in an 8 hr window and fast for the remaining 16.  You can start with 1 day a week and gradually move up to whatever you wish.  You can have cheat days.  The benefits arise from feeling less hungry and from the body's ability to burn more calories when it enters the fasted state (8-12 hrs after you've eaten your last meal).    

I didn't come to it from a position of necessity.  I was just experimenting and liked how my body reacted.  Simple but effective.  The more disciplined you are, the greater the gains.
A few years ago I decided to give up gym and try and work out at home with as less stuff and excercises as possible. After 2 months of experimenting I realised a few things: (to make myself clear these worked perfectly for push-ups and pull-ups not a full gym program)
1) your body after a few days of excerisisng will start to see it as a routine , therefore my advise is to do it the same time of the day. It's useless to work-out at night and then work-out next morning cause your body still recovers.
2) you have to be patient with the results on your body especially if you haven't excersised before so give it a few weeks and by the time you will see the results you will LOADS of motivation to keep up, it's just that the first 3-4 weeks are the hardest.
3)Don't do the same excersice every day because you will end-up working only certain parts or muscles of your body. Combine push-ups with pull-ups in a ratio 3/1 day by day. Pull-ups are much harder excercise than push ups and thats why if you do 30 push ups one day the next day you will have to do 10 pull-ups.Push-ups focus mainly in your chest, pull-ups mainly back and shoulders (although you can play around and do different types of both). Mon-push/Tues-pull/Wed-recovery/Thurs-push etc.
Hope that I helped!
Water!  Lots of it!  No soda!  Exercise! I try to run three miles twice a week!  I was 266 now down to 243.  Want to make 220 by May.
(03-02-2019, 01:43 AM)Coltrane88 Wrote: I recommend intermittent fasting (obviously try to eat healthy but it's technically not necessary to see results).  Eat all your meals in an 8 hr window and fast for the remaining 16.  You can start with 1 day a week and gradually move up to whatever you wish.  You can have cheat days.  The benefits arise from feeling less hungry and from the body's ability to burn more calories when it enters the fasted state (8-12 hrs after you've eaten your last meal).    

I didn't come to it from a position of necessity.  I was just experimenting and liked how my body reacted.  Simple but effective.  The more disciplined you are, the greater the gains.

I've heard of IF before and have seen some people get good results. I think for me though munching on something every few hours makes my body feel better than eating really big meals once a day.
(03-02-2019, 01:43 AM)Coltrane88 Wrote: I recommend intermittent fasting (obviously try to eat healthy but it's technically not necessary to see results).  Eat all your meals in an 8 hr window and fast for the remaining 16.  
I always heard  you were supposed to eat frequent small meals.
(03-05-2019, 06:26 AM)tox20 Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 01:43 AM)Coltrane88 Wrote: I recommend intermittent fasting (obviously try to eat healthy but it's technically not necessary to see results).  Eat all your meals in an 8 hr window and fast for the remaining 16.  

You can combine the two.

There's a system by which you eat 6 small meals per day, but only eat every other day. It's not good for strength building, but very effective for weight loss.

And again, you have to keep carbs and sugar to a minimum in any event.
White Girl Connoisseur

(03-05-2019, 06:26 AM)tox20 Wrote:

If you want to have your body in the optimal state to shed weight (the fasted state) and re-calibrate the body (over a period of time) into feeling less hungry and just better overall then I highly recommend intermittent fasting.  

It's not some wacky meal plan or diet (although you will benefit from eating healthier).  You just eat all your food during the 8 hr window and drink water the rest of the time.