VICE: Black Conservatives Debate Black Liberals on American Politics

I fuck with the dude in the back right, but there were some interesting perspectives here
I'm just glad that society at large is waking up to the fact that black people are not just one homogenous group who all think the same way. The truth is there has always been a strong conservative streak running through some black communities. 

Truth be told before MAGA hat wearing nazis became the face of conservatism, I found myself agreeing with a few conservative ideas.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Splinter's post:
  • SmashThots357
(03-09-2019, 12:03 PM)Splinter Wrote: I'm just glad that society at large is waking up to the fact that black people are not just one homogenous group who all think the same way. The truth is there has always been a strong conservative streak running through some black communities. 

Truth be told before MAGA hat wearing nazis became the face of conservatism, I found myself agreeing with a few conservative ideas.

I haven't seen this, yet. I'll watch it and come  back.

Most people on this board know I'm a "libertarian" (I hate that word because it's been co-oped by the Right) and hold many "conservative" views, particularly on guns, taxes and feminism.

"The World" may not know. But Black people know, because we actually talk to each other.
White Girl Connoisseur

[-] The following 1 user Likes Shotgun Styles's post:
  • SmashThots357
Maybe its the way politics is discussed in the USA or the nature of the bipartisan system, but I've noticed that Americans tend to paint people with the brush of liberal or conservative as if its disdainful, and as if that one statement somehow defines that persons character and beliefs on every subject. In the UK we have debate shows broadcasted on TV like 'Question Time' where topics get discussed with people from all walks of life, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't America lacking a format like that? All I see is this constant back and forth meaningless one-upmanship perpetuated by the media and internet.
Most people in general are a mixed bag.
I consider myself a right-leaning Moderate (or Center-Right) on social issues & a left-leaning Moderate (or Center-Left) on fiscal/economic issues.

(03-09-2019, 02:07 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 12:03 PM)Splinter Wrote: I'm just glad that society at large is waking up to the fact that black people are not just one homogenous group who all think the same way. The truth is there has always been a strong conservative streak running through some black communities. 

I haven't seen this, yet. I'll watch it and come  back.

Most people on this board know I'm a "libertarian" (I hate that word because it's been co-oped by the Right) and hold many "conservative" views, particularly on guns, taxes and feminism.

"The World" may not know. But Black people know, because we actually talk to each other.

Question. Is being a Libertarian the same thing as being a "Classical Liberal"?
Oh ive saw that video recently. Learned quite a bit more on the political landscape on the US.

I disagree with most of their views but they're right on spot on some points- mainly the democrats acting as the black vote is a given, and still don't delivering on promises.

Still... feels kinda surreal. I bet the bipartisan thing is part of the issue- conservatives, those exist amongst any group, of any race, everywhere. But given the options the conservatives only venue is siding with biggots, white supremacists and others shades of crazy.

From the experience i have here (Brazil), a non bipartisan system isn't any paradise. Its a freaking mess. And it does open room for, in a lot of elections, to important votes being lots amongst the muddy waters. Still theres way more venues and opnions and sometimes a new political line rises up. The bipartisan system feels to me like something built to maintain things the same way- and is not even subtle on doing that.
Policy-wise, no one has a shining record on addressing the concerns of black people but you really need to look to local and state politicians for remedies. Mayors and state houses are responsible for the Flints and Fergusons. People have continually looked to national politicians for cure-all remedies and to do 'stuff for black folk'. The whole Obama criticism on this front is just another one of those lazy talking points.

If you were to boil this down to the most fundamental issue, the right to vote. Which party is actively trying to disenfranchise voters through voter roll purges, absurd voter ID laws and unconstitutional gerrymandered districts? Go ahead and support the party that's trying to make it as hard as possible to vote.
[-] The following 4 users Like Coltrane88's post:
  • Splinter, tenley, kcjones, Chessmaster
I will not entertain this trash. 

What ADOS SHOULD be fighting for is that debt the U.S. owes them. Period. 

Fighting over political ideological is a dead-end aimless pointless exercise in political recourse for ADOS. 

What good does this achieve?

We already know that the common dominator when it pertains to U.S. politics in regards to the welfare and prosperity of ADOS is white people. I.e. white liberals like Bernie and Joe Biden are just as racist and anti-black as Trump and his goons in the Republican party.  

Notice how quick Bernie was to dismiss Reparations or ADOS, but supports a push for other "divisive" policies like universal health care?

Notice how quick the Democrats were to condemn Ilham Omar over her apparent "anti-semitic" remarks concerning Israel, and their subsequent passing of anti-hate resolution bill. 

But were the white Democrats when the Virginia Gov got exposed?
Vaginas are for making babies and love. Buttholes are for making sex...
[Image: charity-crawford-julesjordan-interracial-sex-scene.gif]
(03-12-2019, 01:57 AM)Theo Younf Wrote: I will not entertain this trash. 

I.e. white liberals like Bernie and Joe Biden are just as racist and anti-black as Trump and his goons in the Republican party.  

Notice how quick Bernie was to dismiss Reparations or ADOS, but supports a push for other "divisive" policies like universal health care?

Notice how quick the Democrats were to condemn Ilham Omar over her apparent "anti-semitic" remarks concerning Israel, and their subsequent passing of anti-hate resolution bill. 

Black conservatives are basically apologist for fox news and the republican party. It's one thing to complain about democrats being sell outs to corporations and the rich but another to think that becoming a conservative will change anything for the better. Voting republican won't help any minority groups since they have even less incentive than democrats that at least will cry some crocodile tears.

I disagree with the whole bernie sanders is just as racist as trump when its clearly not true. Btw, Reparations are silly since its a nonstarter due to the sheer number of people that it would effect (who pays, how much, and to whom). Medicare for all isn't divisive except to fox news, the rich, corporations, etc.

Ilham Omar has more balls than 99% of people out there. It's a shame that only antisemitism warrants this type of rebuke.
[-] The following 2 users Like narco83's post:
  • Chessmaster, Faeginn