VICE: Black Conservatives Debate Black Liberals on American Politics
(06-10-2019, 12:12 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 07:02 AM)kcjones Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 05:28 AM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 01:12 AM)Ipay4 Wrote: I'm not sure how it is in San Diego, but aren't you in California where the gays tried to blame conservative blacks for blocking gay marriage?

i covered this in my post. Churchy Black folk can be judgmental and homophobic. But they also support gun control, universal health care and free college.

So that shit balances out.

You have a point regarding gun control, especially in northern and coastal cities, but Universal Healthcare, and free college fall in line with my original point, that Blacks are Socially conservative, but Fiscally liberal.

Again, besides homosexuality and other churchy shit, where are they conservative?

White conservatives oppose women's rights, civil rights for non-whites, immigration by non-whites, and the removal of confederate propaganda. To my knowledge, there is no large contingent of Black Democrats that align with any of those things. 

I think you're way too caught up in the gay issue. It's not a conservative agenda or ideology, just a particular religious stance.

Go back and read my previous post where I linked polls on Same Sex Marriage support, Abortion Rights, and legalization of Marijuana.  They all show Blacks polling more conservative than even whites.  Where blacks split from whites are issues that involve fiscal policy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kcjones's post:
  • Ipay4
(06-10-2019, 12:12 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 07:02 AM)kcjones Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 05:28 AM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 01:12 AM)Ipay4 Wrote: I'm not sure how it is in San Diego, but aren't you in California where the gays tried to blame conservative blacks for blocking gay marriage?

i covered this in my post. Churchy Black folk can be judgmental and homophobic. But they also support gun control, universal health care and free college.

So that shit balances out.

You have a point regarding gun control, especially in northern and coastal cities, but Universal Healthcare, and free college fall in line with my original point, that Blacks are Socially conservative, but Fiscally liberal.

Again, besides homosexuality and other churchy shit, where are they conservative?

White conservatives oppose women's rights, civil rights for non-whites, immigration by non-whites, and the removal of confederate propaganda. To my knowledge, there is no large contingent of Black Democrats that align with any of those things. 

I think you're way too caught up in the gay issue. It's not a conservative agenda or ideology, just a particular religious stance.
Hmm.. by woman's right do you mean abortion or something else?

"[font=franklin-gothic-urw, ​Verdana, ​Geneva, ​sans-serif]Views on abortion by race and ethnicity, 2018[/font]

About six-in-ten black (60%) and white (61%) U.S. adults say abortion should be legal in all or most cases. Among Hispanics, opinion is more evenly split: 49% say abortion should be legal in all or most cases, while 44% say it should be illegal."
https://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/publ...-abortion/
So 40% of blacks and 39% of whites think abortion should not be legal in all or most cases.  I will concede this means that most blacks are not anti-abortion if that is what you mean by women's right.  But since slightly more black oppose abortion than whites, wouldn't that make them more conservative here as well?