Has The BLM Movement Died Out?
It's like the momentum has taken a complete nosedive since the election of Trump.

Police shootings don't seem to be getting the same traction and protests seem non-existent nowadays. 

2013-16 seem to be the peak period.
Vaginas are for making babies and love. Buttholes are for making sex...
[Image: charity-crawford-julesjordan-interracial-sex-scene.gif]
(03-13-2019, 04:40 AM)Theo Younf Wrote: It's like the momentum has taken a complete nosedive since the election of Trump.

Police shootings don't seem to be getting the same traction and protests seem non-existent nowadays. 

LOL, Are you just figuring this out in 2019? BLM been irrelevant AF since maybe 2016, definitely by 2017.
Black Lives Matter is suffering the fate of all movements that don't have a clear leadership structure. It got pulled into things that undermine its legitimacy. When you have people protesting yoga studios because they don't like a white woman teaching "hip-hop yoga" you know your movement has got some issues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Splinter's post:
  • SmashThots357
^I quite liked the leaderless, flat structure they were going with, I think the intent was to not get caught up in being targeted the way black leadership of the past was. Think Marcus Gavary, Malcolm X, MLK, Fred Hampton etc

All were eventually assassinated in character first, followed by the physical assassination (apart from Garvey). 

As Hampton eloquently but prophetically said, "you kill the revolutionary, but you can't kill the revolution"

I think the problem was that they were reactive, rather than proactive in the fight against the system.
(03-13-2019, 05:37 AM)SmashThots357 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 04:40 AM)Theo Younf Wrote: It's like the momentum has taken a complete nosedive since the election of Trump.

Police shootings don't seem to be getting the same traction and protests seem non-existent nowadays.

LOL, Are you just figuring this out in 2019? BLM been irrelevant AF since maybe 2016, definitely by 2017.

Yeah, Trump seems to have soaked a lot of attention since.

The news media stopped paying attention to the movement and more to the election, and because of the unique circumstances surroundings the elections, that deterred any real investment in the progress of BLM-related matters.

Sad, but when methods of action are reactionary-focused, this will inevitably lead you down an exhaustive and potentially self-destructive path.
(03-13-2019, 07:03 AM)Theo Younf Wrote: ^I quite liked the leaderless, flat structure they were going with, I think the intent was to not get caught up in being targeted the way black leadership of the past was. Think Marcus Gavary, Malcolm X, MLK, Fred Hampton etc

All were eventually assassinated in character first, followed by the physical assassination (apart from Garvey). 

As Hampton eloquently but prophetically said, "you kill the revolutionary, but you can't kill the revolution"

I think the problem was that they were reactive, rather than proactive in the fight against the system.

I get what you're saying, but leadership is one of the reasons the civil rights movement of the '50s and '60s got stuff done. 

You're right about them being reactive, and that is one of the things a strong leadership could have addressed. With a strong leader, they could utilize lobbying, they could recruit and run candidates for office, they could demand a seat at the platform committee of political conventions etc. A strong leader can also reign in the fringe elements and denounce people who attempt to hijack the movement.
While it may not be a cohesive group any more, Black Lives Matter inspired a lot of people who will be working for change into the future.

Lucy McBath's son was murdered by a white man months after Trayvon Martin. She began working on gun violence issues with emphasis on how it affects black people. She ran for Congress and was sworn in last month.

The prosecuting attorney who presided over the mess in Ferguson was defeated by a progressive black city councilman. His first act? Firing the city attorney who botched the grand jury looking at Michael Brown's death.

A number of other cities elected progressive prosecutors who are doing things like reforming marijuana arrests (which disproportionately target blacks) and cash bail (ditto). Boston (Suffolk County) elected a progressive black woman as their top prosecutor. 

Seventeen black women were newly elected as judges in Houston, the nation's third largest county. 

Successes like that are going to build on themselves and that might be the legacy of BLM.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like btsstuff's post:
  • Splinter, Theo Younf, tenley
Right, and don't forget State Attorney Kim Foxx in Chicago, who was ousted by Anita Alverez, the witch that tried to cover up the shooting of Laquan McDonald.
(03-13-2019, 12:38 PM)Theo Younf Wrote: Right, and don't forget State Attorney Kim Foxx in Chicago, who was ousted by Anita Alverez, the witch that tried to cover up the shooting of Laquan McDonald.

Being a regular viewer of MRSUPERBOY's YouTube channel, he's always talked about Kim Foxx ain't no friend to black people.
Shit, Harvey's been on point about a lot of things, he seems to have a crystal ball or something, the man's a genius at predicting things.

He predicted years ago that black men would be the face of sex crimes (i.e. MJ, Chris Brown, R . Kelly, Bill Cosby etc) 

He correctly called the #MeToo movement would eventually make black men the face of sexual harassment, assault, and rape

He predicted that Trump would become president

And there are so many other predictions and social insights that make him a unique and exceptional Youtuber.

Look, I except that the man is not for everyone, his apparent ranting-style might turn many viewers off. But for me, his insight is essential because he offers something different than most in the ''New Black Media" circle, very personal, but very insightful at the same time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Younf's post:
  • SmashThots357