The State Of Hip Hop: 2010s & Beyond
I think the 2010s has been so refreshing for Hip Hop music, it has been completely revitalized.

The problem perception-wise is that it has completely nosedived, since the 90s because people tend to focus on what makes top #40 radio and what chart to the apex of the Billboard charts regularly. 

Hip Hop Legends like Chuck D gets on my nerves because folks like him are bitter and you can tell they don't do much research, they are very self-centered and egotistical. He never gives props to younger artists who are doing good things, instead, he claims that Hip Hop no longer a viable and legitimate art form, probably because his ass ain't charting no more. 

Mumble rap and it'd related sound Trap has become very popular and many such songs and charted inside the top #10 of the Billboard charts since Dessiinger's hit #1 hit Panda back in 2016.

A flurry of mumbling, rainbow-colored, tattooed, eccentric drug-induced mutants have taken over the airways often with the no overused moniker: Lil', lil Pump, lil Peep, lil Xan, lil Yachty, lil Uzi Vert, lil Skies, but not all: 6ix 9ine, 21 Savage, Kodak Black, Migos, XXX Tentacion, Trippie Redd etc.

The only saving grace for this type of Hip Hop off-shoot I would have to say is Young Thug, his ingenuity when it comes to being an artist is second to none. Using his voice as an instrument.

As a result, Thug has gotten well due praise for many other artists and critics alike.

I think that the real 'decline' of Hip Hop happened in the 2000s, during the ill-fated 'bling era', or as I like to call it, 'oversized era'. 

50 Cent being the best in the worse era of Hip Hop, period.

Since then though, it's made a ridiculous recovery and looks the really strong going forward.

Hip Hop has actually diversified and melded well into different genres that it's too simplistic to dismiss the current generation of artists.

Obvious names like Kendrick Lemar and J. Cole are moving Hip Hop music forward but there are some really creative artists Childish Gambino, Earl Sweatshirt, Joey Badass, Chance The Rapper, Tyler, The Creator, Logic, etc who have done things differently but just as important as the best before them.
Straight From My Brow Balls, Using Good Pussy!!!!
[Image: 991_1000.gif]
Listen to Tyler, The Creator new album, the soundscape makes it's less a Hip Hop album, and more Jazz/soul/R'n'B/lo-fi instrumental record, it's amazing soundwise:

Earl Sweatshirt's 2015's dark, introspective and nihilistic sophomore album again, the soundscape and lyrics make it closer to Grunge than what you think of like a hip hop album in the 2000s: 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Younf's post:
  • zetron
You didn't disagree with much I said, thank you.

But it is worth listening to non-mumble rappers, please.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Younf's post:
  • zetron