So my neighors decorated our shared patio with gay pride flags
I'm curious if you are heterosexual how you would feel about hanging out on your front porch in the publics eye?
Personally I wouldn't give a fuck its all about being secure in who you are.
  [Image: 23712091.gif]

[-] The following 3 users Like zetron's post:
  • thatonebigdude, billhim88, Faeginn
The only thing that makes you gay is if you like dick. Period. If you don't like dick, you cannot be gay. Clothes, style, voice, mannerisms, a rainbow flag; none of that matters. I've known macho Army Ranger types who were super penis lovers, and I've known ballet dancers who would take your girl from you, right in front of you. Being gay has nothing to do with how you look or act, it has to do with your desire for cock and the individuals said cocks are attached to.

I feel like things would go much more smoothly if people would just come to that simple realization.
[-] The following 1 user Likes thatonebigdude's post:
  • vesuvius
Yeah, let pretend effeminate are not gay. But seriously, I would not care about the patio issue.
I'm all for gay pride but I was thinking for a shared space all politically polorizing or religious symbols would be spared. I just assumed the neighborly thing to do would be to ask before they redecorated. Next thing you know there will be a MAGA flag out front.
Don't really care. But if it is a shared space they need to respect everyone. I wish America could get back to where it was ok to offend everyone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes redcell's post:
  • SmashThots357
It’s just people who have been persecuted throughout history in every culture celebrating their identity and liberty, it’s FAR from MAGA or nazi symbolism. If someone thinks it’s divisive, chances are they’re one of the latter. I wouldn’t care personally, if it’s just for the month let them have it.. those guys are good at decorating shit anyway.
(07-05-2019, 11:49 PM)Faeginn Wrote: It’s just people who have been persecuted throughout history in every culture celebrating their identity and liberty, it’s FAR from MAGA or nazi symbolism. If someone thinks it’s divisive, chances are they’re one of the latter. I wouldn’t care personally, if it’s just for the month let them have it.. those guys are good at decorating shit anyway.

Gay people were not as persecuted throughout history as the modern LGBT community would have people think, that is a narrative the LGBT community puts out because being a victim class is popular these days.  The truth is many cultures were quite excepting of them, ancient Greece, Rome, the biblical cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, Feudal Japan, many Native American Tribes. etc.
(07-06-2019, 11:47 AM)Splinter Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 11:49 PM)Faeginn Wrote: It’s just people who have been persecuted throughout history in every culture celebrating their identity and liberty, it’s FAR from MAGA or nazi symbolism. If someone thinks it’s divisive, chances are they’re one of the latter. I wouldn’t care personally, if it’s just for the month let them have it.. those guys are good at decorating shit anyway.

Gay people were not as persecuted throughout history as the modern LGBT community would have people think, that is a narrative the LGBT community puts out because being a victim class is popular these days.  The truth is many cultures were quite excepting of them, ancient Greece, Rome, the biblical cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, Feudal Japan, many Native American Tribes. etc.

Those are some examples from history but they're still beaten up in the streets of Russia today.
(07-07-2019, 09:28 AM)Faeginn Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 11:47 AM)Splinter Wrote:

Those are some examples from history but they're still beaten up in the streets of Russia today.

I know anti-gay violence happens, I have a cousin who was attacked a few years ago for being gay (even though he is bisexual and currently married to a woman) My point is that the LGBT community acting as if the world has only recently started to accept them is inaccurate, when we take the history of humanity in to consideration.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Splinter's post:
  • redcell