BM/WF IR in TV/Movies
Can't get into Avatar.

My problem with Bojack is the same as with Archer: it's just not my kind of humor. It just goes right by me. More of a Family Guy kind of dude.

Giggity!

JLU is pretty cool. Gotta give you that. The ongoing shit between Black Green Lantern and Hawk Girl is fun.

Not sure I've heard of Korra...
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
(10-24-2018, 04:26 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: Can't get into Avatar.

My problem with Bojack is the same as with Archer: it's just not my kind of humor. It just goes right by me. More of a Family Guy kind of dude.

I think you're kinda missing the point of Bojack. It's not considered great because of it's humor, it's considered great because of how it portrays the human condition, not it's humour. The comedy is just dressing for the pain underneath. The irony of it all is that it's portrayed by mostly talking animals in a colorful setting, rather than mostly people in a realistic one. I agree with you that Bojack's humor aint worth a damn.

Avatar isn't good at first, until you start paying attention to the cultural details. All those bending moves look stupid at first, until you realize that they're actual martial arts moves. The eel you see at the market looks weird, until you see it's an actual recipe. The Earth Kingdom looks like some fantasy shit and then you look closely and figure out it's a dead-ringer for ancient China.
[Image: DGaaBwz.gif]
(10-24-2018, 04:11 PM)vesuvius Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 04:08 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 04:03 PM)vesuvius Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 03:53 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: I remember that conversation.

Crazy.

But then again, Americans always have been uptight about sex. We were founded on Puritanical principles after all.

We haven't even talked about the Japanese. Super perverted cartoons.

Yeah, but funny enough the Japanese reason is the exact opposite to the French.

The French just can't be bothered to be uptight about sex so they just have a laissez faire attitude about it, whereas the Japanese are in many ways even more repressed than Americans are. They have prostitution, but it's limited to blowjobs and handjobs and such, no intercourse. Also the population is aging because young people refuse to fuck and no, im not just talking about wanting to have kids or not, they just don't fuck much in general. Sex before marriage is still somewhat frowned upon there.

All that hentai (shout out to Bible Black) and JAV stuff is because of some of the worst repression around.

I generally think today's kids get ripped off by crappy cartoons and toys vs. amazing the 80's shit I grew up with.

But this. This just makes me jealous.

I think you're just not looking for the right stuff. As much as I loved the shows from the 80s and 90s, I will take the best of the modern times over that.

Bojack Horseman
Legend of Korra
Justice League Unlimited
Among others

Loved the DCAU wished JLU and Batman Beyond had more seasons.
(10-24-2018, 04:46 PM)uiop90 Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 04:03 PM)vesuvius Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 03:53 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: I remember that conversation.

Crazy.

But then again, Americans always have been uptight about sex. We were founded on Puritanical principles after all.

We haven't even talked about the Japanese. Super perverted cartoons.

Yeah, but funny enough the Japanese reason is the exact opposite to the French.

The French just can't be bothered to be uptight about sex so they just have a laissez faire attitude about it, whereas the Japanese are in many ways even more repressed than Americans are. They have prostitution, but it's limited to blowjobs and handjobs and such, no intercourse. Also the population is aging because young people refuse to fuck and no, im not just talking about wanting to have kids or not, they just don't fuck much in general. Sex before marriage is still somewhat frowned upon there.

All that hentai (shout out to Bible Black) and JAV stuff is because of some of the worst repression around.

I generally think today's kids get ripped off by crappy cartoons and toys vs. amazing the 80's shit I grew up with.

I think you're just not looking for the right stuff. As much as I loved the shows from the 80s and 90s, I will take the best of the modern times over that.

Bojack Horseman
Legend of Korra
Justice League Unlimited
Among others

Yes to Batman Beyond, no to JLU.

Batman Beyond had plenty of story left to tell, but JLU I feel didn't have anything left and ended on a good note.

My favourite JLU episode remains Epilogue.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vesuvius's post:
  • uiop90

My problem with Bojack is the same as with Archer: it's just not my kind of humor.

You disappointing me now man.
[Image: 31288248488_b40db8d781_o.gif]
In the Steeler fanboy's defense, Archer comedy is VERY hit or miss for me as well. Sometimes I will have an episode that has me on the floor laughing (the one with the gay guys in Miami comes to mind), but more often than not, I don't find it funny.
also another show that I have to give credit for dealing with heavy shit.

[Image: latest?cb=20180423222714]
This show (from 2001) had balls the size of Mount Fucking Everest.
(10-24-2018, 04:53 PM)iramaj Wrote:

My problem with Bojack is the same as with Archer: it's just not my kind of humor.

You disappointing me now man.

(10-24-2018, 04:57 PM)vesuvius Wrote: In the Steeler fanboy's defense, Archer comedy is VERY hit or miss for me as well. Sometimes I will have an episode that has me on the floor laughing (the one with the gay guys in Miami comes to mind), but more often than not, I don't find it funny.

Here's what it is: awkward humor doesn't work on me. This is why I never liked Ali G/Borat. I want a funny story, visual gag, or a joke with definitive punchline. Family Guy hits all those notes. They do awkward sometimes. But mostly it's punchy shit.

Also, Aisha Tyler grates on me. The only time she's ever been funny is when she played the Killer Kung Fu Wolf Bitch because, honestly, that was her playing herself: an oversized insecure broad who's desperate for outside approval.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
(10-24-2018, 04:51 PM)vesuvius Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 04:46 PM)uiop90 Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 04:03 PM)vesuvius Wrote: Yeah, but funny enough the Japanese reason is the exact opposite to the French.

Bojack Horseman
Legend of Korra
Justice League Unlimited
Among others

Yes to Batman Beyond, no to JLU.

Batman Beyond had plenty of story left to tell, but JLU I feel didn't have anything left and ended on a good note.

My favourite JLU episode remains Epilogue.
Epilogue was a great episode,

If i can find a link for it I'll post it but I believe the makers of the show said if theyhad gotten another season they
would've made alternate universe stories.

Also wish they would spun off Supergirl and The legion of Superheros into
it's own series.
(10-24-2018, 09:46 AM)uiop90 Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 12:59 AM)nightscream Wrote: [Image: lastman-episode-11-be-careful-when-it-blinks.jpg]

In the French animated series Lastman featured a BM/WF married couple but it ended badly for them as the wife was possessed by a plant demon and her husband end being forced to kill her when she was trying to eat him, and then he commits suicide immediately. 

There are WM/BF scenes that happened 3 times and WM/AF twice.

Never knew there was French animated shows I'll have find this series and watch it.

It is on VRV streaming service only