Hoss' RIP Thread
Thanks for the video tribute. Although I don't' think she played the stripper in the early scene in "Once Upon A Time In America".

She was a beautiful movie babe. Kinda shocking dying so young from a alzheimer's. I've always associated this disease with much older age.

Then again, a former colleague died at age 55 from what they thought was alzheimer's. Turned out to be a case of brain eating microbes.
[Image: 760zqPlL_t.jpg] [Image: o6AXMwn8_t.jpg] [Image: 37huxVAF_t.jpg] 
[Image: 6RT6J8fn_t.jpg] [Image: mWhT48zD_t.jpg] [Image: MKId5pok_t.jpg]  [Image: GuTnrPdr_t.jpg] [Image: CUp2aB9k_t.jpg] [Image: tW4jpccw_t.jpg]

Stan Lee (born as Stanley Martin Lieber (12/28/1922-11/12/2018)~Stan Lee, one of the most iconic figures in the history of comics, died on November 12th, 2018, at the age of 95.

Man, what can you say about Stan Lee? He co-created some of the greatest characters in comics: Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, The X-Men, Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, The Avengers and so many others. He is largely responsible for Marvel eventually overtaking DC Comics as the number one comic book company and now that success continues in Marvel Studios' movies.

Stan Lee starting working at Timely Comics (the original incarnation of what was to become Marvel Comics) as a teenager. At just 19, he was made an editor and made his comic writing debut in Captain America Comics #3, way back in 1941.

However, super-heroes were going out of fashion, as the new craze became horror, science fiction , westerns and other genres. Stan wrote just about every type of comic during this time, but he began to tire of writing and began to think about quitting comics alltogether.

Fortunately, that would not happen. At the request of publisher Martin Goodman, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby created "The Fantastic Four" in response to DC's "Justice League", which had tremendous success at the time.

The Fantastic Four  were a tremendous success, and the Marvel Age of Comics had begun! The FF were followed by Spider-Man, Thor, X-Men, Hulk, Daredevil, The Avengers and so many others. 

Stan Lee, who had been Marvel's Editor In Chief, became publisher in 1972, and no longer wrote books on a regular basis. He continued to help Marvel grow as a company as it continued to distance itself from DC and the other comic book companies.

After his time as publisher ended, Lee continued to be the face of Marvel Comics, as he made cameos in nearly every Marvel movie and appearances at comic book conventions and the like.

His legacy, however, will be the characters that he created/co-created and the apparent joy he had in writing them. For me, his best works are his run on "The Amazing Spider-Man" (with Steve Ditko, John Romita, Gil Kane and Ross Andru), his "Fantastic Four" run with Jack Kirby and his run on "Journey Into Mystery"/"Thor" with Jack Kirby and later John Buscema. He did great work on the other titles too, but IMO, those above displayed his best work. I used to have practically every JIM/Thor from # 100-200 (missing only about 10-15 issues) and I'm just sorry that I ever sold those---such a great run! When I think of Thor, I think of that run mostly.

So, Stan "The Man", thank you for making MINE (and millions more!) Marvel, and for one last time: Excelsior!!!

[-] The following 6 users Like Hoss5973's post:
  • hughes, Shotgun Styles, NiceHot, Spops53190, uiop90, vesuvius
And let us not forget, that Stan died on Veterans day. He volunteered in 1942 for the US Army during WW2.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Shotgun Styles's post:
  • Hoss5973, uiop90, vesuvius