Jon Jones is a fucking idiot
More proof that your sport is garbage:

Dana White to speak at RNC convention.

Even the Supreme Douche Roger Goodell didn't stoop that low.
White Girl Connoisseur
Shotgun Styles Wrote:More proof that your sport is garbage:

Dana White to speak at RNC convention.

Even the Supreme Douche Roger Goodell didn't stoop that low.
Speaking of promoters and Republicans

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/2016/06/11/don-king-yes-i-endorsed-donald-trump/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/2016/0 ... ald-trump/</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://fox8.com/2016/07/07/list-of-rnc-speakers-expected-today-don-king-ben-carson-likely-to-be-included/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fox8.com/2016/07/07/list-of-rnc- ... -included/</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2016/06/donald_trump_touts_endorsement.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf ... ement.html</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/columns/intelligencer/9583/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/co ... ncer/9583/</a><!-- m -->
Dana White isn't a "promoter". He's PRESIDENT of the UFC. Don King isn't president of anything. He does not represent the sport. He's just a douche bag who makes a lot of noise.

Your sport is RUN by a massive douche who supports a racist for President.
White Girl Connoisseur
Shotgun Styles Wrote:Dana White isn't a "promoter". He's PRESIDENT of the UFC. Don King isn't president of anything. He does not represent the sport. He's just a douche bag who makes a lot of noise.

Your sport is RUN by a massive douche who supports a racist for President.
Dana White is the president, but his job is mostly promoting.

Also, he doesn't run the sport, he only runs the UFC. This isnt like Goodell or Adam Silver.

Don King for many years was one of the biggest names in boxing, gave it a horrible name for a while and you know it. Dont pretend like boxing is full of angels either.

But im not even gonna go further into this, cause quite frankly I stopped giving a damn about politics in general (and quite frankly, Trumpenstein is the scumbag president America deserves at this point). Plus I dont even like Dana White.
vesuvius Wrote:Trumpenstein is the scumbag president America deserves at this point

[Image: raw]
White Girl Connoisseur
Shotgun Styles Wrote:
vesuvius Wrote:Trumpenstein is the scumbag president America deserves at this point

[Image: raw]
Bruh, this stuff doesn't work on me, you know this.
vesuvius Wrote:Bruh, this stuff doesn't work on me, you know this.

You're not immune to everything...

[Image: Alexandria-Morgan-RSVLTS-GIF-03-compressor.gif]

[Image: tumblr_mzflouq4Hu1r70ko6o1_500.gif]
White Girl Connoisseur
Shotgun Styles Wrote:
vesuvius Wrote:Bruh, this stuff doesn't work on me, you know this.

You're not immune to everything...

[Image: Alexandria-Morgan-RSVLTS-GIF-03-compressor.gif]

[Image: tumblr_mzflouq4Hu1r70ko6o1_500.gif]
Cute girls
Shotgun Styles Wrote:It's luck.

Somebody trips in a boxing match, the ref stops the action and they reset. In MMA your opponent jumps on you and pummels you until the fight is stopped for TKO.

If a boxer gets in a lucky hit and knocks you down, there's a standing 8 count and you can recover to win the fight. In MMA if you are even slightly dazed your opponent chokes you out for a win.

It's luck, son. Whoever gets in the first lucky shot wins. MMA is, and has always been, a bush league sport. It will never reach preeminance because it's too easy to win a fight on some fluke ass event. Like Silva getting his leg broken. Random lucky knockouts DO happen in boxing, but not nearly with the frequency that they do in MMA because guys can recover and come back to win.

Not true at all. Sure it can happen (just like in boxing), but most of the time nothing happens and it doesn't affect the outcome of the fight.

Not true again. In boxing that could be enough to either secure a KO shortly afterward, shift momentum or outright win the fight. Obviously the same is true for MMA, but plenty of times the better fighter recovers and goes on to win the fight. Just like in boxing. For every Sugar Shane Mosley punch that lands on Money May, there's a Diego Sanchez punch that lands on Gilbert Melendez. Both still win and the outcome remains unchanged.

Again, not true. This would only occur if the person who received "the lucky shot" lacked defense, recovery, speed or chin. If they have one or all of those, like most elite fighters do, they can easily avoid losing and go on to win. Just like in boxing. Silva getting his leg broken is an extremely poor example for a few reasons. One would be because that's extremely rare and has only ever happened maybe a few times out of thousands of fights. I'm sure you could find something similar in boxing to compare it to. And two, because Silva was losing that fight pretty clearly anyways and was most likely not going to win. He also lost the first fight by KO vs. that same man. That guy just had the perfect style to beat Silva and I actually took him both fights and made money.

Guys can recover and come back to win in MMA as well. I think this is an issue with not watching enough MMA to determine proper probabilities and grasp luck. I could recommend some fights for you where someone (the better fighter) is hurt badly, rocked, etc and ends up recovering and winning the fight. It's happened plenty of times and if I could wager as many times comparatively as it happens in boxing. It's all fighting in the end. Skill trumps all and the better fighter wins the vast majority of the time. Obviously, just like boxing, a lot of things factor into the equation like power, chin, styles, etc. Maybe the fighter you think is better doesn't match up well with that particular opponent. Happens in any sport. Tarver vs. Jones, '07 Warriors vs. '07 Mavs.

Shotgun Styles Wrote:MMA is not all luck. I'll say that.

But. It is sufficiently contingent upon luck so as to make the sport less than competitive.

Lets take NASCAR. What if they ran on tracks that were not properly maintained. Drivers would be hitting potholes, screws and other road hazards that would kill their chances of winning. Other drivers would be beating the top guys just because they lucked out and never hit anything on the track. Sure, they are trained drivers with highly tuned cars who put a lot into driving. But adding road hazards into the mix takes the competitive legitimacy away from the race. Now drivers win and lose based on circumstance and environment rather than skill or strategy.

MMA's rules are stupid. Wrestling is wrestling and striking is striking. When you combine the two you diminish both. I like spinach and I like ice cream. That doesn't mean I'll like Spinach Ice Cream. MMA fails because it doesn't maintain the purity of pugilism. It's a mess. And in a mess luck and circumstance prevail over skill. That's why Black Belt's get their asses kicked in street fights. All the perfect round house kicks in the world don't matter when someone breaks off a table leg and starts bludgeoning you with it.

That comparison doesn't make sense, man. There is no hazards in the cage that would affect the fighters like what you're typing of. There's just two men in there and the ref. That's it. What exactly are they using to their advantage that's giving them an unfair advantage or causing them to be more lucky than their opponent? If someone trips or something (even though this could and does also happen in boxing) and their opponent capitalizes, how is that luck? The guy should have better coordination as an elite athlete and should pay for making a mistake. I don't consider capitalizing on a mistake "luck." But like I said, that's neither here nor there and is a topic for another discussion. For instance, Conor McGregor KO'ing Aldo isn't luck. Aldo rushed in with his hands down and got beat to the punch. That's not luck, my friend. That's the consequence of fighting angry with something to prove and not having your head in the game.

Dude, really? You can say the exact same thing about a boxer in a street fight. A dude breaks a beer bottle and stabs the "pugilist," what the hell is he going to do? MMA fighters actually make better street fighters than most boxers since most street fights go to the ground. Put it this way, we put a boxer and an MMA fighter in a ring and let them use their entire arsenal, who is more likely to come out on top? I'm just baffled by that example, tbh. It doesn't work for boxing either and probably even less so since there's even more rules that limit boxing from using all a person's fighting toolkit that a boxer wouldn't be trained for.

:|
[Image: 7p10mnlqnzhmwpza.gif]
Straight up jackass.

I guess some people never learn.
[Image: 2hrq340.jpg]

"I was told by a producer that I wouldn't go anywhere "being fat sucking Black dick". So I set out to stay fat and keep sucking Black dick" - Angelina Castro on why she ONLY does IR scenes