Upcoming Movie Trailers
Doesn't look bad wouldn't mind seeing it.
A martial arts western called Buffalo Boys. The trailer is in a another language
(07-06-2018, 11:39 AM)blueshirt10 Wrote:

I like it. When Spike throws some humor and good editing in, he's still golden. With the exception of his masterpiece, Malcolm X, Inside Man is easily Spike's best overall film. I think the more of this kind of film he makes, the more relevant and engaging he can be to a younger audience.

Will buy a ticket to support.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
(07-06-2018, 07:10 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: I like it. When Spike throws some humor and good editing in, he's still golden. With the exception of his masterpiece, Malcolm X, Inside Man is easily Spike's best overall film. I think the more of this kind of film he makes, the more relevant and engaging he can be to a younger audience.

inside man over do the right thing as spike second best?
(07-06-2018, 09:04 PM)blueshirt10 Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 07:10 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote: I like it. When Spike throws some humor and good editing in, he's still golden. With the exception of his masterpiece, Malcolm X, Inside Man is easily Spike's best overall film. I think the more of this kind of film he makes, the more relevant and engaging he can be to a younger audience.

inside man over do the right thing as spike second best?

As an overall film (taking into account technical aspects like editing and cinematography) yes. DTRT is a masterpiece, but it's impact has more to do with the politics of it's themes than the film making itself. Stated another way, if the film DIDN'T have cultural significance, from a technical standpoint it would be average at best. He was still in his film student gimmick era, and a lot of those fish-eye close ups and hokey dialogue wouldn't fly in a first-run movie today.

Inside Man is Spike at his peak. It's a subversive film that pretends to be caper movie but is really about the politics of wealth, privileged and the historical crimes that built empires. The subtext of Jodie Foster's behind the curtain maneuvering was a prescient foreshadowing of the upcoming financial crisis and all the handlers and fixers who were behind the scenes enabling the crimes. Crimes which ultimately went unpunished.

Do The Right Thing is one of my favorite movies. It literally predicted Eric Garner's death. It's a sad state that we're still fighting those same battles. But when you compare it to something as technically sound and impeccably cast as Inside Man, you can really see the growth of Spike Lee as a filmmaker.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]