Simone Biles
kcjones Wrote:
Shotgun Styles Wrote:It's a great accomplishment, but come on. Serena has been at the top of her sport for like 15 years. There is no comparison. Biles may never win at this level again. Look at Gabby Douglass. Last time around, she was the darling. Now she's over sulking in the corner.

Serena is the Jordan of her sport. This girl has a long way to go to get there.

Serena lived in Venus's shadow until about 1999, and she only surpassed Steff Graf in grand slam wins this year. I agree that Simone has a few years to go to be considered the greatest female gymnast of all time. Barring injury, she will get there.
serena was 17 in 99 and graf never had the competition serena has had.
Let's just say that both are the dominating forces in their sports and that fact can not be argued. They are dominating in sports where people that look that them are quite rare and guess what people in the sports don't like that too much. After she won her first world championship in 2013 an Italian gymnast told reporters "“I told Vanessa [Ferrari] that next time we should also paint our skin black, so then we could win, too.”" Basically saying that she only won because she is black and not because she deserved it. That was then compounded on later when a spokesmen for Italian gymnastic had this to say.

“Carlotta was talking about what she thinks is the current gymnastics trend: the Code of Points is opening chances for colored people (known to be more powerful) and penalizing the typical Eastern European elegance, which, when gymnastics was more artistic and less acrobatic, allowed Russia and Romania to dominate the field,”

So let's all just appreciate Simone because the fact is she is 19 and getting to Tokyo in 2020 is going to be hard as hell with all the pressure in the world on her. Teammates Gaby and Aly can attest to getting back to the Olympics is hard enough in and of itself especially the US team Gabby was on the bubble for the team and Aly @ 22 had to work her ass off. I will say though that being naturally of smaller stature will help and if she can stay healthy and the fact that she is going to only get stronger in the coming years should help as well. It all depends if she wants to keep going with it.
blkknight1 Wrote:she has a move named after her in the sport (something that only legends have happen for them) and its a move that is so dynamic only she can do it.

Not quite. The move is named after her because she invented it (and can only pull it off). It wasn't named after her because she's a legend (even though she is at this point). It's akin to the 900 Tony Hawk could do in skate boarding competitions.

Also, I don't think you can make comparisons with tennis as the sports are not really similar enough. Tennis has a much larger longevity angle that can be called upon when discussing greatness. Gymnastics is more about just how dominating you are with regards to winning competitions/medals in a short time span.
[Image: 7p10mnlqnzhmwpza.gif]
kcjones Wrote:
Shotgun Styles Wrote:It's a great accomplishment, but come on. Serena has been at the top of her sport for like 15 years. There is no comparison. Biles may never win at this level again. Look at Gabby Douglass. Last time around, she was the darling. Now she's over sulking in the corner.

Serena lived in Venus's shadow until about 1999, and she only surpassed Steff Graf in grand slam wins this year. I agree that Simone has a few years to go to be considered the greatest female gymnast of all time. Barring injury, she will get there.

Serena Williams' win at Wimbledom this year only tied her with Steffi Graf for second place for all time grand slam singles titles. each of them has 22. Margret Court has 24, the all time record.

as far as Simone Biles is concerned what she accomplished is among the greatest feats in one olympics. however sustained greatness in the sport is very rare. think of the all time great gymnasts and how long any of them stayed on top of the sport. that is why in my opinion comparing Biles to S. Williams is a little unfair. just appreciate both for their accomplishments.
If a girl has a pierced tongue she'll probably suck your dick
If a guy has a pierced tongue he'll probably suck your dick
Simone Biles is beyond awesome and I think she can dominate again in the next four years. She did much better than Gabby did back in 2012, imo. As far as Serena goes, I said we wait for a few more years to compare the two. Serena's been dominating tennis since the early 2000s so Simone has a long way to go.

[Image: O2OK5gJ7_o.gif]   

HE HAS BRING THE RUCKUS
TO ALL YOU MUTHAFUCKAS

XD XD XD         

kcjones Wrote:

Understandable since Serena was barely 17 then, and 2 years younger. That was also damn near 20 year ago mate! :mrgreen:
sh_rock Wrote:
kcjones Wrote:

Serena Williams' win at Wimbledom this year only tied her with Steffi Graf for second place for all time grand slam singles titles. each of them has 22. Margret Court has 24, the all time record.

as far as Simone Biles is concerned what she accomplished is among the greatest feats in one olympics. however sustained greatness in the sport is very rare. think of the all time great gymnasts and how long any of them stayed on top of the sport. that is why in my opinion comparing Biles to S. Williams is a little unfair. just appreciate both for their accomplishments.
court's record was against smaller fields so it's not held in the same regard as graf/serena.