Ghost in the Shell movie?
Anybody else here looking or not looking forward to this movie coming out this month? Will Scarlett be nude in this like the original and will this be rated R?
[Image: Qa6cdQ9c_t.jpg][
Body double.
[Image: 7p10mnlqnzhmwpza.gif]
whiteisright4bbc Wrote:Body double.

She's buck ass naked in that alien movie, tho. And her body is dope. Not Hollywood at all. Thick and hippy, the way I like.

"Under The Skin"
[Image: migbtzh.gif]
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
Looking forward to it, big fan of the Stand Alone Complex and the animated movies, less so of the manga and Arise.

Lots of whining about Kusanagi being played by a white woman, but that just makes me laugh.
[Image: DGaaBwz.gif]
vesuvius Wrote:Looking forward to it, big fan of the Stand Alone Complex and the animated movies, less so of the manga and Arise.

Lots of whining about Kusanagi being played by a white woman, but that just makes me laugh.

A lot of butt hurt over the casting. I'm torn. I like her, and love the Ghost franchise. But at the same time, if they whitewashed Blade or Luke Cage I'd be pretty pissed too.

So I'll watch it, but I won't pay to go see it.
White Girl Connoisseur
Shotgun Styles Wrote:
vesuvius Wrote:Looking forward to it, big fan of the Stand Alone Complex and the animated movies, less so of the manga and Arise.

A lot of butt hurt over the casting. I'm torn. I like her, and love the Ghost franchise. But at the same time, if they whitewashed Blade or Luke Cage I'd be pretty pissed too.

So I'll watch it, but I won't pay to go see it.
It's not a good comparison, in my opinion.

Kusanagi has an artificial body and it was never clear what ethnicity that artificial body was supposed to be.

You also have to keep in mind that Japan is obsessed with Western standards of beauty (lots of Japanese women want Western eyes, for instance and pretty much every anime character has Western eyes), so you have to wonder how many Japanese men or women would switch to a more Western look if they had a chance at a new body.

With guys like Cage and Blade, they are black and proud about it.
I like Scarlett. I also like GiTS. I don't really like them together and it's not because she's white.

To me The Major has a different body type than Scarlett. I'm thinking generic female athlete, like Emily Blunt in Edge of Tomorrow. Scarlett is sexy, but has a body that is more...well....thotish.

[Image: blunt-mnn.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg]
marvy Wrote:I like Scarlett. I also like GiTS. I don't really like them together and it's not because she's white.

To me The Major has a different body type than Scarlett. I'm thinking generic female athlete, like Emily Blunt in Edge of Tomorrow. Scarlett is sexy, but has a body that is more...well....thotish.

[Image: blunt-mnn.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg]
Depends on how the illustrator was feeling that day Big Grin

[Image: gits-major-03.jpg]

[Image: yiACxZf.jpg]

[Image: latest?cb=20140307152922&path-prefix=en]
[Image: 1580519b116005e6d368115e37f87281.jpg]

But in general she has more curves than Blunt, but less than Scarlett, id be fine with either actress as Emily Blunt was awesom in edge of tomorrow
vesuvius Wrote:It's not a good comparison, in my opinion.

Kusanagi has an artificial body and it was never clear what ethnicity that artificial body was supposed to be.

You also have to keep in mind that Japan is obsessed with Western standards of beauty (lots of Japanese women want Western eyes, for instance and pretty much every anime character has Western eyes), so you have to wonder how many Japanese men or women would switch to a more Western look if they had a chance at a new body.

Dude. The bitch's name is Motoko Kusanagi. Not Jane Jones. She's Japanese. In the SAC series, her eyes are brown.

I'm not saying you're definitively wrong here, but would it have hurt so bad to cast a Japanese American to play her? Would it have killed the movie? If you get an A list actor to play Batou, you can get away with selling a new face as the Major. Instead, this movie was always conceived as a star vehicle for Johannson after the success of Lucy. The reasons for this casting are cynical and not even remotely artistic. So while I agree with you on the artistic merits, the politics of this casting decision are all wrong.
White Girl Connoisseur
Shotgun Styles Wrote:
vesuvius Wrote:It's not a good comparison, in my opinion.

Dude. The bitch's name is Motoko Kusanagi. Not Jane Jones. She's Japanese. In the SAC series, her eyes are brown.

I'm not saying you're definitively wrong here, but would it have hurt so bad to cast a Japanese American to play her? Would it have killed the movie? If you get an A list actor to play Batou, you can get away with selling a new face as the Major. Instead, this movie was always conceived as a star vehicle for Johannson after the success of Lucy. The reasons for this casting are cynical and not even remotely artistic. So while I agree with you on the artistic merits, the politics of this casting decision are all wrong.

*Calm voice*

No, styles, the problem is that you apparently you cannot read what I said. The fault here lies with you. Same mistake you made in the "50-year old hotties" thread.

Yes, she is Japanese, I mentioned that, HOWEVER she is in a ARTIFICIAL body and it's not clear what that body is supposed to be.

I also said her ETHICITY (as in a more sensitive word for "RACE") was not clear, Japanese is not an ethinicity, its a nationality, that is not the same. You can have a Japanese name and BE Japanese (matter of fact even if you are a minority changing your name in Japan would be a VERY wise idea) but also be caucasian for instance. Now if that body was her NATURAL body (emphasized so that you even you can understand it), then you would have a point, but it's not her natural one, it's an artifical one, so the argument is up for some questioning.

Also, in case you didn't understand the Western eyes thing, I meant having ROUND eyes, not the color.