Ghost in the Shell movie?
Also

Shotgun Styles Wrote:Dude. The bitch's name is Motoko Kusanagi. Not Jane Jones. She's Japanese. In the SAC series, her eyes are brown.

[Image: major_motoko_kusanagi_ws_wp2_by_seniortwinkie.jpg]
[Image: major_motoko_kusanagi_ws_wp_by_seniortwinkie.jpg]

[Image: 314931.jpg]

[Image: 14577f11.jpg]

[Image: eeu0akaez3bmxh3cc1hb-670x420.jpg]

......Dude
[Image: DGaaBwz.gif]
vesuvius Wrote:*Calm voice*

No, styles, the problem is that you apparently you cannot read what I said. The fault here lies with you. Same mistake you made in the "50-year old hotties" thread.

Yes, she is Japanese, I mentioned that, HOWEVER she is in a ARTIFICIAL body and it's not clear what that body is supposed to be.

I also said her ETHICITY (as in a more sensitive word for "RACE") was not clear, Japanese is not an ethinicity, its a nationality, that is not the same. You can have a Japanese name and BE Japanese (matter of fact even if you are a minority changing your name in Japan would be a VERY wise idea) but also be caucasian for instance. Now if that body was her NATURAL body (emphasized so that you even you can understand it), then you would have a point, but it's not her natural one, it's an artifical one, so the argument is up for some questioning.

Also, in case you didn't understand the Western eyes thing, I meant having ROUND eyes, not the color.

Ok. Name some examples of white women of Scarlett's Danish phenotype with first and last Japanese names.

It's a Japanese character created by Japanese artists being portrayed by a Danish American. Now in terms of reading comprehension, I've already conceded the artistic merits. In a vacuum, where Asian people weren't being whitewashed, I could easily accept your premise. But this casting was deliberately made white for reasons OTHER than artistic merit. I SAY AGAIN: REASONS OTHER THAN ARTISTIC MERIT. I bolded that last part so we don't have to discuss the canonical nature of the character's origin again. It ain't about that shit, and you know it.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
Shotgun Styles Wrote:
vesuvius Wrote:*Calm voice*

No, styles, the problem is that you apparently you cannot read what I said. The fault here lies with you. Same mistake you made in the "50-year old hotties" thread.

Yes, she is Japanese, I mentioned that, HOWEVER she is in a ARTIFICIAL body and it's not clear what that body is supposed to be.

I also said her ETHICITY (as in a more sensitive word for "RACE") was not clear, Japanese is not an ethinicity, its a nationality, that is not the same. You can have a Japanese name and BE Japanese (matter of fact even if you are a minority changing your name in Japan would be a VERY wise idea) but also be caucasian for instance. Now if that body was her NATURAL body (emphasized so that you even you can understand it), then you would have a point, but it's not her natural one, it's an artifical one, so the argument is up for some questioning.

Also, in case you didn't understand the Western eyes thing, I meant having ROUND eyes, not the color.

Ok. Name some examples of white women of Scarlett's Danish phenotype with first and last Japanese names.
Well, since we are going off fictional characters.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: Street-Fighter-V-Karin-02_win_screen.jpg]

Both are supposed to be 100% Japanese. Mika dyes her hair, but the big, round, blue eyes are natural.
Also, on the topic of artistic merit.

GITS didn't really become big UNTIL it hit the West, same with stuff like Bebop or Trigun.

It makes sense that directors would go for a Western feel, inside and outside of artistic merit, it might have been of Japanese origin but it found its success in the West.
https://www.quora.com/Do-foreigners-som ... g-in-Japan

For the naming thing
It must be a slow day in Brussels. Now I feel like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing because you're bored.
White Girl Connoisseur
Brussels is actually in Belgium, I am simply answering your question the best way I can (the boredom is a plus)

Dem "brown eyes", though.
vesuvius Wrote:Brussels is actually in Belgium, I am simply answering your question the best way I can.

So sorry to offend your Copenhagen pride. I'll send you a card. What was your address in Helsinki again? Tongue
White Girl Connoisseur
Shotgun Styles Wrote:
vesuvius Wrote:Brussels is actually in Belgium, I am simply answering your question the best way I can.

So sorry to offend your Copenhagen pride. I'll send you a card. What was your address in Helsinki again? Tongue
666 Bernadovic Sandiski
vesuvius Wrote:
marvy Wrote:I like Scarlett. I also like GiTS. I don't really like them together and it's not because she's white.

To me The Major has a different body type than Scarlett. I'm thinking generic female athlete, like Emily Blunt in Edge of Tomorrow. Scarlett is sexy, but has a body that is more...well....thotish.

[Image: blunt-mnn.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg]
Depends on how the illustrator was feeling that day Big Grin

[Image: gits-major-03.jpg]

[Image: yiACxZf.jpg]

[Image: latest?cb=20140307152922&path-prefix=en]
[Image: 1580519b116005e6d368115e37f87281.jpg]

But in general she has more curves than Blunt, but less than Scarlett, id be fine with either actress as Emily Blunt was awesom in edge of tomorrow

This movie seems based on the actual first GiTS movie, rather than SAC. She was defintely less curvy in that portrayal. Overall though, it's not Scarlett's curves that I'm really objecting to.
Thot dimensions have as much to do with height as curves, and at 5 ft.3 with a pretty large head Scarlett seems more like a fucktoy android than an elite ex-military cyborg commander.
Blunt is 5 ft.7 with a relatively smaller skull . Even then not an amazon per se, but much closer to the original dimensions which apparently matter a great deal to me lol.